What is the smallest transaction amount you have charged to a credit/debit card?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
I use Google Cloud Compute to host some sites and just got charged $.01 for egress data to China. This is by far the smallest transaction I have made to a credit card that was not part of some identity verification service. My previous record was $.46 when I bought a single stamp.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 11.47.37 AM.png

Google lost some money in transaction fees collecting that penny from me.

i know it can be pennies b/c when amazon does a pre-order lowest price guarantee on a movie it's not unusual at shipment to have it charge your card then a few days later get a message that at some point during the pre-order period the price dropped and you are receiving a credit for the difference on your card-i've had some that were 2 or 3 cents.

Recently I bought my DH some new boots. I had some gift cards and the remaining balance was $.54 which I charged

I'm pretty sure when you rent a movie out of a redbox you have to use your credit card. We don't do it too often but we usually get discounts and it comes out to about .75 Cents or so.

Probably a buck - my wife buys a Diet Coke every day and often uses her credit card, so some places it might be as low as $.79

My husband frequently buys all kinds of electronic whatsits for less than a dollar from China. I've had to pay parking fees with a credit card at different places for $2 or so.

$1 for parking at my Doctor's office. Downtown Sacramento is a jumble of parking garages....some are cash only.....some are credit card only....and some will do both. My Doctor's office parking structure is credit card only.

Probably $1 and some cents for a big gulp.

It’s funny, I have a $20 bill in my wallet and it feels like the most inconvenient thing ever. I don’t even know when I’ll use it. Maybe next time I go shopping I’ll use it and my card for the rest.

I had a $.01 balance at WDW after I used a gift card. DH offered the penny, the CM said no. They charged it!

I think I remember charging 33¢ once. But I have charged 54¢ several times in the past few months at RedBox.

Probably $1 and some cents for a big gulp.

It’s funny, I have a $20 bill in my wallet and it feels like the most inconvenient thing ever. I don’t even know when I’ll use it. Maybe next time I go shopping I’ll use it and my card for the rest.
I think in Canada we see the use of debit cards a bit differently. I do virtually all transactions on my debit card, practically everybody here does. It's not the same as credit - it's "cashless cash" and no matter how big or small the purchase, that's what I use. Many, many times I've spent less than $1 and occasionally spend in the $thousands for furniture, travel, etc. I only use credit cards for on-line purchases and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I had cash in my wallet other than on vacation.

I think in Canada we see the use of debit cards a bit differently. I do virtually all transactions on my debit card, practically everybody here does. It's not the same as credit - it's "cashless cash" and no matter how big or small the purchase, that's what I use. Many, many times I've spent less than $1 and occasionally spend in the $thousands for furniture, travel, etc. I only use credit cards for on-line purchases and I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I had cash in my wallet other than on vacation.

You’re right, we do view it differently.
I wish there was some way I could take a photo of the bill (like you can with cheques) to automatically deposit it lol

We don’t have any perks on our accounts.
Maybe it’s time to start looking around for a new bank. Don’t some give you money to open an account ?

You’re right, we do view it differently.
I wish there was some way I could take a photo of the bill (like you can with cheques) to automatically deposit it lol

We don’t have any perks on our accounts.
Maybe it’s time to start looking around for a new bank. Don’t some give you money to open an account ?
You're asking the wrong person. We bank at a provincial Credit Union (ancient accounts we opened when we got married) and all my credit cards are basic, low-interest no-fees ones that I've had for decades. I feel like I've totally missed the boat on perks and points. :(

Maybe 8-9 cents. I think it was when I used pay at the pump at a gas station and had a problem with the pump just stopping almost immediately. I just hung it up and tried a different pump.

Probably once or twice at a Redbox rental with a discount code for under $1.

Plenty of times under $2-parking meters, coffee or soda at convenience stores, etc.

$.25 at a parking meter and $.59 for a soda at Costco. I once saw a post office employee buy a one cent stamp with this debit card so he could get $20.00 cash back.

Probably $1 at a pay parking machine, if I didn't have a loonie or 4 quarters.

Since they stopped charging fees for debit a decade or so ago, I use it the same way. And I also put a .59 cent drink at Costco on my card just yesterday. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter