What is the UK pavilion at Epcot missing?

twokids0204

DIS Dad #561
Hey folks - I've never been to Europe, hope to get there someday.

I posted this question (or a similar question, only the country has been changed to protect the innocent) over on the Canada board, and the Theme Park Planning Board. I am interested in your opinion being your home land.

What would you do to improve the UK Pavillion at Epcot? What would you add, or take away?

Culture, Scenery, Dining, Customs, Entertainment, etc...?

Honestly, it is our least favorite pavillion. Year after year, not sure if this is just consistent bad timing on our part, but we get the most dead-pan, unenthusiastic cast members over there. I mean this year it was actually funny it was so bad. There was a couple behind us the first time we stopped in there last month who even commented on the fact that "Wow, they really don't want to be here ..."

I would add a bit of enthusiasm and life to it - in any form. Sorry, just being honest. If it weren't for the fact DD had a passport this year, we probably would have skipped it all together, aside from a quick meet and greet with Pooh and Tigger.

Honestly, it is our least favorite pavillion. Year after year, not sure if this is just consistent bad timing on our part, but we get the most dead-pan, unenthusiastic cast members over there. I mean this year it was actually funny it was so bad. There was a couple behind us the first time we stopped in there last month who even commented on the fact that "Wow, they really don't want to be here ..."

I would add a bit of enthusiasm and life to it - in any form. Sorry, just being honest. If it weren't for the fact DD had a passport this year, we probably would have skipped it all together, aside from a quick meet and greet with Pooh and Tigger.

Really... I've always found them pleasent.

And we always grab a Guinness :drinking1

Wait a second... maybe I find them pleasant because they keep giving me Beer.

Really... I've always found them pleasent.

And we always grab a Guinness :drinking1

Wait a second... maybe I find them pleasant because they keep giving me Beer.

Well that's good to know - at least it must just be bad timing on our part :)

Yes, now we know what it might need - more beer spots ;)

I would change everything! I don't think it actually looks like the UK! It would be nice if there was a ride or show there as at the moment there are just a few shops selling tat.

I have no major gripe, only 1 minor thing that bothers me is the dessert at CS, short bread or potato chips. who eats either of those with Fish & chips? personally I would do away with dessert and add a slice of bread and butter and portion of mushy peas or curry sauce.
You can never please everyone with a small area, I don't think they do too bad plus its what people from other countries think not what we think.
Maybe a ride like Jen suggests, we never watch the music show, can't comment on the content in shops, I wouldn't pay Disney prices for anything in EPCOT(or any park for that matter) I only buy from outlet stores:rotfl2:

Hey folks - I've never been to Europe, hope to get there someday.

I posted this question (or a similar question, only the country has been changed to protect the innocent) over on the Canada board, and the Theme Park Planning Board. I am interested in your opinion being your home land.

What would you do to improve the UK Pavillion at Epcot? What would you add, or take away?

Culture, Scenery, Dining, Customs, Entertainment, etc...?

See Wales in there properly..

I think the theming is fun, it's just a Disney take on England. I actually would change the menu in the pub..I have never had a good meal in the Rose and Crown. I give it the benefit of doubt every other year but I just do not like it.:confused3 Other then that I think England holds it own amongst the other countries. :)

Realisticly its missing a few young hooded lads, some moaning pensioners and a pound shop!

But in all seriousness, I think it lacks something sport related. Maybe its the man in me saying, but sport is a huge thing in this nation and its not represented anywhere.

I personally wouldnt like it, but a great movie style television themed ride would be good. I know English TV is big over in USA, so you could have scenes from classic shows, I dont know if that would be popular enough though.

I think the UK Pavilion would look cheerful if it had its own model train display just like the Germany Pavilion only with english scenery. It would give the pavilion something fun for both kids and model train lovers everywhere.

Lets be honest it's complete rubbish, a chip shop with really odd dessert choices, shops that sell nothing but over priced tat, a red phone box, a row of houses from random periods that look ridiculous.

The place just needs modernising.

I agree that traditional food could be improved
Roast beef & Yorkshire pudding - Haggis dishes - scones & clotted cream - bacon & egg on sliced bread
A coal mining exhibition or something to do with the industrial revolution - a route master bus etc........

IMO the UK pavillion is really the English pavillion, the other areas of the UK (Scotland, Wales and Ireland) are only really represented by the CM's they hire. The UK pavillion, in comparison to the others, is pretty sad and could just do with a bit of a facelift :)

A great movie style television themed ride would be good. I know English TV is big over in USA, so you could have scenes from classic shows, I dont know if that would be popular enough though.

That actually sounds like a really good idea :goodvibes... Sitcom type show/ride!
xx

I think the UK Pavilion would look cheerful if it had its own model train display just like the Germany Pavilion only with english scenery. It would give the pavilion something fun for both kids and model train lovers everywhere.

As a big fan of trains, I would love this idea!

Lets be honest it's complete rubbish, a chip shop with really odd dessert choices, shops that sell nothing but over priced tat, a red phone box, a row of houses from random periods that look ridiculous.

The place just needs modernising.

Kevin, you've just described the town I live in!! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter