• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the vaccine passport meant to do?

Wife and I got ours at CVS. Had to fill out an online form to make the appointment and could not get in line till appointment time and until you were given the card with your name, date and type of vaccine on it. After the shot and the 15 minute observation period you left vaccinated and with your card. Maybe it's because of my age, maybe it is because of my wife being very organized or maybe because she was the registrar in a Middle School for many years and had to ask for the records all the time but we have every vaccination record for both our kids and ourselves dating back all the way to the 60"s when she and I were kids. We can show you whatever anyone needs to see. But on the other hand I am not a fan of a passport type document domestically. Sovereign nations have every right to require folks from outside their borders to provide information prior to entering their borders but I kind of feel like for American citizens that pesky little document know as the Constitution would mean we would not be required to carry said passport domestically. Just my thoughts.

IATA Travel Pass successfully trialled on first international flight

The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has revealed that the IATA Travel Pass has been successfully trialled by Singapore Airlines, marking the app’s first use on an international flight.

Singapore Airlines announced last week that it would become the first airline in the world to pilot the IATA Travel Pass app, conducting a two-week trial between March 15-28 for customers travelling from Singapore to London.

Passengers arrived at London Heathrow Airport, having used the technology to create a secure digital version of their passport on their mobile device. Travellers were able to input flight details to learn of travel restrictions and requirements, and subsequently receive verified test results and a confirmation that they meet such criteria.

The digital health verification app has been under development since last year, and several carriers have signed up for trials in the coming weeks and months, including Air Baltic, Malaysia Airlines, Rwandair and Air New Zealand. Three of the Gulf’s largest airlines are also set to conduct trials, and BA’s parent company IAG has been working with IATA on the development of the scheme.

Alexandre de Juniac, IATA’s Director General and CEO, commented:

“The successful implementation of IATA Travel Pass in this trial with Singapore Airlines passengers demonstrates that technology can securely, conveniently and efficiently help travelers and governments to manage travel health credentials. The significance of this to re-starting international aviation cannot be overstated.”

De Juniac added:

“Today’s success is a big win for many parties. It gives travelers a one-stop-shop to help them comply with the new rules for travel. It shows that governments can efficiently manage these travel requirements with complete confidence in the identity of the passenger and the veracity of the travel credentials—importantly, avoiding long queues. And it’s a purpose-built means for airlines to manage the new travel requirements without drowning in inefficient and ineffective paper processes.”

JoAnn Tan, Acting Senior Vice President, Marketing Planning, Singapore Airlines, also commented on the news:

“Digital health credentials will be essential as borders reopen and travel restrictions get progressively lifted worldwide. The successful implementation of the IATA Travel Pass reflects Singapore Airlines’ goal of using secure digital solutions to verify health credentials, and support a safe and seamless travel experience for our customers.”

This news comes after the European Commission unveiled a proposal for a digital green certificate to facilitate travel across the bloc – a move called upon by IATA earlier this year. The organisation welcomed the news, along with other associations in the aviation sector.

Just was going to update here - DD17 got her first dose at CVS today. Checked her ID & insurance; input her insurance into their computer system and verified it with our insurance. Got her card.

She’s tired but otherwise doing well 6 hrs post vaccine.

Wife and I got ours at CVS. Had to fill out an online form to make the appointment and could not get in line till appointment time and until you were given the card with your name, date and type of vaccine on it. After the shot and the 15 minute observation period you left vaccinated and with your card. Maybe it's because of my age, maybe it is because of my wife being very organized or maybe because she was the registrar in a Middle School for many years and had to ask for the records all the time but we have every vaccination record for both our kids and ourselves dating back all the way to the 60"s when she and I were kids. We can show you whatever anyone needs to see. But on the other hand I am not a fan of a passport type document domestically. Sovereign nations have every right to require folks from outside their borders to provide information prior to entering their borders but I kind of feel like for American citizens that pesky little document know as the Constitution would mean we would not be required to carry said passport domestically. Just my thoughts.

There is nothing in the Constitution that says you are required to carry a driver's license. But you will carry it if you want to actually drive.

There is nothing in the Constitution that says you are required to carry a driver's license. But you will carry it if you want to actually drive.
I’m not sure those are similar. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Don’t care to drive? Don’t need a license. Failure to obey laws and lose your license? Too bad for you.

The freedom of domestic movement HAS been supported as a right by federal courts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter