• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the weirdest thing you have woke up to?

You just reminded me that I once woke up to a 4 foot black snake slithering up a shelf in my room. It knocked stuff off the shelf and that woke me up. When I opened my eyes and tried to figure out what was going on, I didn't have my eyeglasses on and when I looked, I thought, what is that branch doing in my room and leaning up on the shelf like that? Then, it moved. I grabbed my glasses and saw it was a snake and I about had a heart attack. My parents were at church and I tried to call and text them so my dad could get it out. No one was answering me and I was really starting to freak out. I picked up the dog and got out of the room, but I didn't know what to do. What if it hid and then my dad couldn't find it. I called my friend and his wife answered and said he wasn't home. She is braver than I am and she said she would come over and get it. She brought a bag and one of those gripping things, like some people use to reach high up items. My friend, the snake wrangler, props to her, she got it out of my room!

I snapped an iPhone photo. Well, a few. The first couple i was shaking so hard, the photo was blurry. I knew if I didn't get a photo, my parents would think I was exaggerating.

View attachment 210841

Burn the house down! Oh my gosh. I would have had a heart attack.

Mine's similar... A high speed chase ended across the street from us.

Because the person fleeing crashed into the house across the way.

Not a high speed chase but a drunk driver crashing through the 1st floor of our neighbors house. He then tried to back out of the house. :cool:

I think my best ( or worst ) wake up was in college after homecoming. I woke up on the floor of my room with the door locked - from the outside. :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

When I was a kid my sister played a prank on me and moved everything out of my room in the middle of the night except the bed I was sleeping on. I have no idea how she did it without me waking up. I opened my eyes, say literally everything gone, then kinda thought I must still be dreaming and went back to sleep for a few minutes. I later found all my stuff in the living room. I did make her get up and put it all back.

When I was a kid my sister played a prank on me and moved everything out of my room in the middle of the night except the bed I was sleeping on. I have no idea how she did it without me waking up. I opened my eyes, say literally everything gone, then kinda thought I must still be dreaming and went back to sleep for a few minutes. I later found all my stuff in the living room. I did make her get up and put it all back.

That reminds me of a prank that my brother pulled on me when we were kids. I got this makeup kit for Christmas that came with just the head of a doll (it sounds creepy, but for some reason it wasn't) so that you could practice putting makeup on the face. I woke up one night to see a head with fangs on my pillow next to me in bed.

You just reminded me that I once woke up to a 4 foot black snake slithering up a shelf in my room. It knocked stuff off the shelf and that woke me up. When I opened my eyes and tried to figure out what was going on, I didn't have my eyeglasses on and when I looked, I thought, what is that branch doing in my room and leaning up on the shelf like that? Then, it moved. I grabbed my glasses and saw it was a snake and I about had a heart attack. My parents were at church and I tried to call and text them so my dad could get it out. No one was answering me and I was really starting to freak out. I picked up the dog and got out of the room, but I didn't know what to do. What if it hid and then my dad couldn't find it. I called my friend and his wife answered and said he wasn't home. She is braver than I am and she said she would come over and get it. She brought a bag and one of those gripping things, like some people use to reach high up items. My friend, the snake wrangler, props to her, she got it out of my room!

I snapped an iPhone photo. Well, a few. The first couple i was shaking so hard, the photo was blurry. I knew if I didn't get a photo, my parents would think I was exaggerating.

View attachment 210841

I would have just gone back to sleep and died.

I was pretty scared! I have to say, I must have some sort of maternal instinct I never thought I had, because I grabbed my little dog in a heartbeat and clutched him pretty dang tightly getting out of that room. I was afraid for me, but more afraid for him. I don't know if those snakes bite. I was really shaking. I think the worst part of it all was that I thought my dad should come home immediately, and they didn't think it was an emergency. :scared1:

The weirdest things I woke up to was a stink bug crawling on me and on another occasion, my son standing at the foot of the bed just staring at me.

My husband could say one of them was him waking up to me grabbing his stomach and yelling, "get up, NOW!" I was dreaming there were hundreds of white spiders falling down on us.

View attachment 210841

Thankfully, my cat only brought me a baby garter snake. After jumping out of the bed screaming - because where we lived it could have easily been a venomous snake - I got a better look, calmed down, and went for the dust pan and broom so I could put it back outside.

Many years earlier, my husband and I lived in an apartment in an old house. It was not a very well-sealed apartment, but it was in a convenient location and cheap which was great since we were still in college and newly married. Well, we woke up one morning to the sound of this very same cat growling from the bathroom. I went to investigate, and there was our cat sitting in front of the shower, still growling. I opened the curtain to see what was wrong, and found our downstairs neighbor's ferret cornered in the shower. We still don't know if it slipped under the crack in the front door or came up the pipes or a vent.

We woke up one morning to a dog scratching on our sliding door but we don't have a door. Looked outside and the two dogs from next door were outside out bedroom covered in mud. During the night a tree had fallen and taken down the fence between our yards. It also broke the sprinkler line up on the hill and the dogs were having a grand time playing on our very muddy patio. DH just went outside to play with them. :)

Rat in the toilet. I wasn't really asleep though, just dozing in bed.

My (now ex) husband and I were laying in bed, falling asleep, when we kept hearing this same series of clink, bang, kerplunk-splash sounds repeating. We looked at each other and kept listening, then my husband got out of bed to track down where the noise was coming from. I went to check on our oldest, who was an infant at the time and sound asleep in his crib. He comes back with this strange look on his face and tells me there is a rat in the toilet! Of course I didn't believe him and he offered to show me and that's when I believed him. He said the sounds were the rat jumping up at the closed toilet seat lid and sliding back down into the water while he was trying to escape. Typical man, he took a picture of the rat but I don't have it anymore.

Husband figured that the rat had gotten into the sewer system through one of the pipes in the barn and since we had been experiencing days of torrential rain, he somehow came up through the pipes. That is the strangest thing I've ever woken up to.

In the middle of the night I woke up because I heard some noise and felt some movement next to my head.

It was dark, so I used my hands. I felt something warm and hairy. I jumped out of my bed and turned on the lights. There was a cat in my bed - but back then I did not own a cat!!! After being 100 % awake after this shock I could identify it as my neighbours cat. She must have been jumped into the open window earlier in the day and hiding somewhere in my apartment. Spooky cat. But I allowed her to stay for the rest of the night.

I was about 12 years old and it was early in the night, maybe 10 pm. I was alone and just went to bed. I woke up to some noise downstairs. Someone was downstairs and opened a door and wandered around, I could hear that very clearly.

I was afraid, but I got up silently and went to the stairs. The person downstairs must have heard me and suddenly it was completely silent for about a minute. I was too afraid to move or even breathe. The next thing I heard was that someone was walking in a rather fast but silent way to our backdoor. I could not move in my shock and waited for about 10 minutes. I turned on the light, went downstairs and saw that the backdoor was open. I told my parents, they arrived shortly afterwards - they did not believe me. Nothing was stolen, but I think it was a thief.

I have heard someone call my name in the middle of the night, more than once. I usually answer, and that's what has woken up me.

View attachment 210841
You win... everybody back to their corners. I was going to mention, when I was in Vietnam, waking up with a rat on my chest. After this, it seem more like it was just a kitten. So... I bow to you.

I was pregnant with my first child and was really sleepy. My dh had gone to work so I went down for a nap. I woke up to voices at our apartment door. We had a safety lock that really kept the door from opening all the way but if the regular lock is unlocked (and it had been locked as well) you could open it a small amount. When they banged the chain I heard them say that is wasn't worth it to try this apartment. Since this was in 1975 no cell phones and the regular phone was in the livingroom. The only way to the livingroom was right past the door. They left and I was terrified. I called my husband and told him. It turned out that they had robbed many of the apartments but not ours thank goodness.
tigercat

When I was in college, I worked as a waitress. So it wasn't uncommon for me to come home, nap for a while, and then get up and go to work.

One afternoon I woke up to someone climbing into my second story bedroom window.

My sister had forgotten her key, climbed the tree, and was coming into the house that way.

We still laugh at my word choice when I realized it was her. Nothing I can print here, of course.

Many years ago when my son was about 10, he came and woke me up. He said he heard something at the back door, which was right below his window. We went downstairs and found a raccoon gnawing at the back steps. When I opened the door, it scrambled under the deck so I used a yard stick that I could slide between the slats. It finally ran away. I still don't know why he woke me and not his father.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter