What is the worst vacation bed you have slept on?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
I would say my last vacation I stayed in a room which was 2 beds which I had pushed together or a sofa bed when I was about 15

A few years ago we rented a beach house but my dog couldn’t do stairs anymore so I slept on a couch for the whole week. It really wasn’t so bad though.

One my bff's bought a sleeper sofa for visitors and it's the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. It's that kind where you can feel the bar in the middle of your back through the mattress. Thankfully I usually only stay 1 night there.

At a hotel in Treasure Island, Fl. It's the hardest bed I've ever slept in. Never again.

I was in Nepal at a jungle camp. The bed was as hard as a rock. Tried to cover the hardness with all of my clothes. ENded up with muscle spasms in my back the next day.

Volcano Inn located in Volcano, HI. This place was all about, "location, location, location" since it overlooked the volcano, but the bed was so uncomfortable I seriously thought about sleeping in the rental car.

I had to sleep on the little sofa at the Polynesian in 1992 on my first WDW visit. The beds were taken. I was too tall for it, and of course, being a sort of sofa it only had a cushion and no mattress. This room was advertised as sleeping five, so Disney intended for someone to be sleeping on that thing. The least they could have done was make it comfortable.

The worst bed I slept on was on a cruise ship. It was like sleeping on a slab of marble. My back hurt for days.

An air mattress in a bed frame. Used to spend 3 weeks every summer on one. Learned to buy a cheap futon mattress and throw it on top of the air mattress and still had hard points sticking into me and sling bits sagging.

My first trip to Florida without my parents. I was with a friend and we stayed at a cheap hotel. I ended coming home with bed bug bites all up and down my leg.

Wasn't vacation but the worst bed I've slept on was a sofa bed in the Vacation Village just on the other side of I-4 on 192. Me and two other guys sharing a condo while working at Wide World of Sports. I had to sleep at a 90 degree angle with the bar in my armpit. It's the only way I could sleep even kind of comfortably.

Radisson sleep number bed. I kept fiddling with that dumb remote and could never get comfortable. Felt like I was sleeping on a pool float - worse than an air mattress.

The hostel bed in San Francisco that gave me bed bugs. They hitchhiked on my bags, and I brought them home. :(

Now... hostels get a bad rap, so I need to add that I've slept in dozens of hostels all over the country (I loved taking road trips in college), and they varied widely in quality. Some had thin mattresses, while others were like modest, comfortable cabins. Some were almost like hotels, except the beds were smaller. I've never stopped being a hostel fan. This was the only one I've ever stayed in with bed bugs.

I've slept on a few sofa beds as other mentioned, and they feel kind of lumpy. Once on our vacation we stayed at a KOA Camping Cabin where the bed was supported by a four-inch thick foam pad. This isn't my photo, but it's pretty typical.

9318739408_6cb5d24581_b.jpg

Of course some vacations I just slept on an air mattress. And I guess you can say my backpacking trips sleeping on a foam or self-inflating pad weren't the best in terms of comfort, but it's still amazing being out there.

Re the sofa beds. Here's a hint my sister and I figured out at my grandparent's house. Curl up a bit and lie sideways on the bed between the metal bars. Game changer. The hard part was trying to wake up before anyone came downstairs so they wouldn't see us and think we were uncomfortable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter