What is up with the Disney TV?

D

DEE DEE

Have you noticed how Disney has nothing left on the TV.Panky,in her post said how they are taking
off Pooh and Bear in Playhouse Disney and sure enough something is the matter.There are no movies left on the Disney Channel and for some reason everyting is for pre teens.Though in Entertainment
Sponge Bob was the number 1 cable program for the entire day and not a sign of a Disney show.So why are they having all these channels and showing nothing on any of them?They do show somw cartoons on the Toon Channel.They seem to be only selling their movies and leaving nothing on the TV.I bet the other networks are happy now that Disney is not even trying to compete.So what do you think?:confused:

I agree.
The Disny Channel has been in the tank for several years now.
"ZOOGDIsney"
Please---.

I reemember hearing somewhere that there is going to be a Playhouse Disney Channel that will have Playhouse Disney shows 24 hours a day. Maybe that is where Bear and Pooh are going?
I have two teenagers and they have no interest in watching ZoogDisney but we all LOVE to watch Pooh and Rollie Pollie Ollie!

I love Bear in the Big Blue House. I'm an adult but I will seek out Bear. Why do I keep running into Zorro reruns at night? :mad:

I guess our household is alone on this: we like ZoogDisney.

'Lizzie McGuire' and 'Even Stevens' truly are quality tv. 'Kim Possible' and 'The Famous Jett Jackson' are worth a look, too. If you could just get past the fact that the shows are about teenagers, I think you'd enjoy them.

From a business point of view, though, catering to the 'tween' (those 10-14 year olds) works. Disney's heavily promoted monthly movie always tends to end up in the top five (if not the #1) shows for 'tweens.' And while they don't air commercials for products, they sure do air commercials for Disney things...such as 'Lilo and Stitch.' I truly think that Disney's catering to the market of the 'tween' has helped "Lilo and Stitch" at the box office.

RyMickey

You are not alone, Rymickey. Our household also likes Zoog Disney. We really enjoy the movies. Cadet Kelly is a household favorite. I also find Even Stevens to be quite enjoyable.

I agree with the last two posts. Disney Channel and Zoog Disney, which is merely a brand name anymore (the Zoogs and much of the original interactive concept behind Zoog Disney are long gone), are better now than ever, in my opinion.

The quality of the new shows and movies are much higher than those on Nickelodeon (its main competition, although most of Nick is skewed younger than Disney Channel), and I personally feel Disney Channel is quickly on its way to ratings consistently comparable or higher to Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

It's a refreshing bright spot for Disney in a generally bleak time for the company.

Friendship in Vienna. Five Mile Creek. Avonlea. The "New" leave it to beaver. Lawrenceville Stories. The Old Curiosity Shop. Danger Bay. Return to Treasure Island. Night Train to katmandu. Etc Etc

I could go on and on with what the Disney Channel USED to have. I remember how excited I was when we firsit got cable and I could actually pay to get the Disney Channel.
Now it's free (well, maybe not free, but part of a larger package) on the dish and I hardly ever watch it anymore.

Sorry--it's in the tank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter