What is up with the three wooden crosses?

The three crosses symbolize Jesus (in the middle) and two thieves that were crucified on the same day

They have a set of these crosses in Baton Rouge...and how they are located....when you walk into the Wal*Mart you can see them....Its kind of like going into the holy land!:lmao:
Those are the first I thought of
But we see them in many states- mostly in the South

As much as old threads get resurrected around here we could have our own DIS holiday!!! :rotfl:
Yes . . . I had a weenie moment and forgot to look at the date b/f posting. Everyone can line up and give me a good kick . . . Sigh. I hate it when these old things get new legs. Then I went & did it myself by accident.o_O

Well there ya go! We did the drive last August, and I took notice, too. (I-95)

If you are speaking of the tall sets that have the center cross in yellow/gold and the outer ones either white or powder blue, then what we're discussing is an unusual project by the late Bernard Coffindaffer. He financed the building of over 2000 of them in several countries. Here is an article in Appalachian Magazine from 2015 describing his cross project, and what is being done to honor the project after his death: http://appalachianmagazine.com/2015/01/25/the-story-of-the-crosses-across-america/

Smaller roadside memorial crosses are not part of the Coffindaffer project.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter