what is Vacation club?

You purchase points that you use to make reservations at both Disney and non Disney Resorts. The Disney resorts are Old Key West, Boardwalk and Wilderness vacation Villas at Walt Disney World. There are also resorts at Vero Beach and Hilton Head. You can make reservations 11 months out at your home resort and 7 months at the other resorts. For example I own at Old Key WEst. The flexibility of this time share style system surpasses regular timeshares, although it might be more expensive. Points can be bought through Disney or through a re-sale broker. Right now I believe points cost about $73 per point so a purchase of 200 points would cost $14600. I may not be exactly correct on the cost per point. You might get points through a re-sale broker for $60 to $70 per point. Disney is only selling at Wilderness Lodge, Vero BEach and Hilton Head. You can buy into any resort through a re-sale broker. Hope this helps you.

There is a post near the top of the topic page that has a link to the DVC frequently asked questions FAQ. It is very informative and a real good place to start.

You will pretty much get one answer here as far as is it worthwhile, "Its the best thing we ever did, I only wish we joined sooner."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter