What is your AK FP strategy?

Off to Neverland 7

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Needing help planning my FP's for our AK day and wanted to see what your strategies are for experiencing Pandora. It will just be DH and I, no kids. We do plan on hitting the park for Rope Drop to maximize our time.

Should we RD and head straight for pandora, with Flight of passage FP's in the late morning?

RD and head straight for the other rides and do pandora later in the afternoon with a flight of passage FP?

Thank you in advance!

I go straight to pandora and RD what ever ride I do not have a FP for, then I try to get my FP for as early as I can ( the next trip it was for 4pm) and book my other FP around this, ( I am debating on going to another park first)

Is your AK day late enough in your trip that you think you could get a morning FoP FP?

FoP is cool enough that most people will want to ride it twice. So, RD that, head straight to Na'vi, and then use a FoP FP. If you aren't there very early though, you can still end up in a long line for FoP. But, if you are at the head of the pack, you should be able to ride FoP and Na'vi. See the post on easywdw.com for a detailed description of how this works.

However, my family isn't fond of RD craziness, so we just used our FoP FP, and after we used our three FP (in the morning) I refreshed on MDE until I found FP for Na'vi.

Rope drop Navi River and have 9:50 am FP for FOP. If I couldn't get a early FP for FOP I would have flipped them and rope dropped FOP. I didn't want to lock up my chance to get a 4th FP until late in the day due to a late FP with FOP. My other FPs are for KS and EE both before done by 12:50

I am going to AK twice, First time I have only a FP for ROJ but plan on doing FoP as well, by getting there early (twice each). On the second visit we managed to get a FP for FoP so if it is too busy on the first day at least we will have once chance to do it.

Rope drop Na'vi and have FOP FP for later in the morning or afternoon. That's was we did and it worked out perfectly! With a 9am open we did Na'vi, then safari, Everest, kali, FOTLK all by the time our 11:40 FP for FOP opened. It was great not having waits for the other rides because we moved out of pandora quickly first thing. Then after our FOP fp we ate lunch and explored pandora at our leisure.

What is the recommended time to arrive at the park if the plan is to rope drop Na'vi?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter