What is your Disney Confession?

• I don't like Illuminations
  • I don't get Vinlymation, pin trading-though DS did participate for a couple of years, and now tsums tsums.
  • I can't stand ITTBAB and will avoid it if at all possible.
  • Never ridden ToT. Every trip I say I'm going to and every trip I get there, look up at it looming in the sky and then chicken out. I have a FP for it in September because DS's DGF really wants to ride it. Fingers crossed I can get through it just to say I did it once.
  • I don't like Schoolbread, but do enjoy the Dole Whip
  • I cry at EVERYTHING when it's Disney

Even though I save stuff from WDW (like maps that I don't even use, stickers, my resort check in folders, etc..) I can't get into the pin trading. We have one pin and that's only because a guy in front of us in the Star Tours queue noticed my youngest son likes Stitch so he gave him a Stitch pin. But my son would be super mad if I dared to trade that away for some other pin. And I also cry at pretty much everything when I'm at WDW. Doesn't matter if I've seen it a million times!

I agree with the pin trading. If I'm spending an exorbitant amount of money on a pin, why would I trade it away . . . and for something that might even be fake?

1. We don't like chef Mickey
2. Never seen the fireworks at MK
3. My kids would rather ride the rides then see A&E

I've never seen all the countries at Epcot, I always plan to see them all but it's a lot longer than it looks!

image.jpg

I collect Mickey stickers from cast members to use over the auto-flush sensor for DS who is scared of auto-flush toilets.

The only TS we've ever had are character breakfasts (do they count?), originally because DD is a picky eater and QS was the best value. But really, I like food courts.

I cried when I met Mary Poppins.

DD and I ride Aladdin and fight over who gets the tilt control.

I believe it when the sound track on the bus back to the resort says ".. And welcome home."

Cool thread..

1. I'm addicted to Disney, tried the twelve step program, I failed.. Oh well
2. First ride is Pirates at MK
3. First ride Space Ship earth at EC
4. First ride RRC at HS
5. First ride Safari at AK
OCD makes me do it...

I hate the Tower of death (tower of terror)
I could live at Epcot and be very happy to never leave
Splash mountain could dry up and I would be happy
I love the bus service; I don't care how busy, it beats walking, and I won't drive drunk, oh I failed that twelve step program also.

The two weeks I come to Disney has to cure the 50 weeks that I have to work to get to come and relax.

I'm always thinking about our next trip... How to make it more magical even though we have been so many times. :)
I have never rode RNR, TOT or Astro Orbiter.

The only TS we've ever had are character breakfasts (do they count?), originally because DD is a picky eater and QS was the best value. But really, I like food courts.

I cried when I met Mary Poppins.

DD and I ride Aladdin and fight over who gets the tilt control.

I believe it when the sound track on the bus back to the resort says ".. And welcome home."

Love these! I met Mary Poppins by accident while she was on her way to her meet and greet location. She stopped and talked to me in one of the gift shops on Main Street in MK. I didn't cry but I was completely dumbfounded! It was awesome!

I LOVE to hear "And welcome home!" when we're on the bus!

I have never had a dole whip but plan to do so this weekend because I'm going in 2 days! Just sayin.

AK is my favorite park. A lot of folks claim it's a 1/2 day park or not even worth a visit. I disagree. In my humble opinion, AK has the Disney magic. I think Walt would be pleased. Excellent theming and I love the Harambe section with the African folks and the beautiful music and colors. Great shows, attractions and I love just walking around gazing. To me, it's a hit and I do it 2 days...not 1/2.

Once I stayed at the Grand Floridian and wasn't that impressed. I switched after one night to the Beach Club. I know it sounds crazy and I think GF is a lovely hotel. Honestly, I think it was because I prefer the relaxed feel of the Beach Club plus Storm-a-long Bay. I will say the CM's at GF were top notch.

I was upgraded during one stay at the BC to the 2,200 square foot Neptune Suite - for 2 nights. What an amazing experience that was.

During my Neptune Suite visit, which is obviously concierge level... I have to say I don't see the big deal about concierge. Didn't impress me much. You get free snacks, yeah - but I don't think I would ever pay for it even if I could afford it. Which I can't.

I have been visiting Disney since 1971 when it opened. I had family in FL so my parents took me a lot. I'm a die-hard.

YES! I do the same thing. My kids know to put things away in drawers, shoes put up and don't leave stuff all over the table or counters and such. Not only is it not their job to pick up my stuff all over the room, but I'd prefer that we're the ones who put things up and know where everything is before we leave the room each day.

This is me, too! DH just shakes his head that I immediately unpack everything and insist on picking up before we leave, but I look at it like this is home for the next 8 nights and it's a third of our actual home space. Clutter would make me crazy.
I don't understand why people stay at resorts other than the values, because I would pay MORE for all the Disney animation theming.

We have no qualms keeping my son out of school to go on vacation in order to avoid crowds.

I don't like Illuminations.

I cry a lot at Disney World. I cry at fireworks, I cry thinking about great character interactions, I cry when we get there, I cry when we leave, I cry before we go because I just can't believe I'm lucky enough to be able to go, each time we go. The first time we went, a few years ago, we went for a day because we were in Orlando for a different reason. During Wishes, my child was screaming and throwing a rolling-on-the-ground fit for a light-up balloon, and I ignored him completely while I sobbed with pure joy.

I cry at all parades. Even non-Disney. But at Disney, the waterworks start as soon as I am on DME. And when the high school marching bands are in front of the parade? Forget about it. I am a mess.

Other confessions:
1. I hate Beauty and the Beast, the animated version and have never wanted to eat at BOG. Now that the live action version is coming out, I can't wait to see it and now want to eat at BOG.

2. I don't care to ever ride Kilimanjaro Safari ever again, but will because DSIL loves it.

3. I don't get the DHS hate. I love it there.

This is me, too! DH just shakes his head that I immediately unpack everything and insist on picking up before we leave, but I look at it like this is home for the next 8 nights and it's a third of our actual home space. Clutter would make me crazy.

This is me too, we had a haphazard room one day and had to run out, I thought for sure we put up the do not disturb sign. I was mortified when we returned and the poor cleaning staff had to deal with the mess we made! Never again.

Also for me...

1 – I do not get the hype and wait times for Peter Pan, sure it’s nice to look at, but it’s rather unexciting.

2 – I have never had a turkey leg and don’t intend to try one

3 – I do not like most of the food in MK

4 - I have to tell myself when I ride Mission Space that it's not real or I might have a panic attack!

I had The flu in may and The day in epcot was The worst. I had to sneeze in napkins at Chefs de France. Charmant...

I start a conversation in french at BOG because a cast member said bonjour. French is my first language but i didn't know They just Tell bonjour to everyone for the concept.

I had a bag of The mainstreet popcorn and It was awfull.

I bring ziploc bags to keep my leftover and eat them for breakfast.

I scream like i Will Die in fast portion of test track.

My Cane fell in toy story thing in Magic kingdom, i had to make contorsions to take It off, she scrape The wall (with The Rubber tip). It was not fun at all!

I loooooove The goofy Jelly beans, i plan to replace a Quick service for 3 bags of them to bring at home (and declare at costums).

I love Magical Express and the bus system in general. Even when the lines are crazy long, I love not having to drive when I'm on vacation.

The only part I really like of Illuminations is the ending song. That is the best part of the night is slowly walking out of the park swinging arms with my DD and singing this song.

I have no problem taking my daughter out of school for a vacation.

I'm not a huge fan of EPCOT. The Innovations buildings bore me to tears and the WS is just shopping for the most part. I do, however, love to nap on Ellen's Universe of Energy and will only go on it if I need a nap.

I don't get Pin Trading. It's rather expensive to buy pins that you are just going to trade for another. Why don't you just buy the pin you want in the first place?

We continue to go to WDW because I want to go. Has never had anything to do with DD.

I don't understand people that plan each step of the day down to the order they will ride the rides. DD and I have been known to criss cross the park just to ride what we feel like at the time.

I confess ( as a thrill ride junkie), I have come to love the entertainment shows ( Frozen at DHS, Festival of the Lion King and others). I have to see One Man's Dream at least a couple times each trip.

I don't understand the hype with wishes. the castle lit up is cool, but to stand and waste expensive park time to watch fireworks that I can see other places for free, I just don't get. maybe if I were able to go to Disney more, I would stop to watch wishes and parades.

I don't watch every time we go, but Wishes is one of the best fireworks shows most people will ever see. The fireworks around my neck of the woods are normally pretty lacking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter