• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your Disney shameful secret?

I dislike fireworks,parades, anywhere where people feel the need to push, shove, hold children on their shoulders, film holding up phones and iPads…. I take leave of the parks at that point.

3. Disney meant well with the FastPass System, and Genie might be an improvement. But they have a bad habit of over-engineering absolutely every thing in their parks.
my parents went to Disney when there was no fastpass or genie+ during limited capacity. so only standby and lines kept moving they loved it. personally i enjoyed fast pass+ not looking forward to genie+

I don’t love Jungle Cruise

Wilderness Lodge makes me feel like I’m in Wisconsin 🤣
Ironic considering the Dells(probably Wisconsin's premier tourist area), has a "Wilderness" gigantic Waterpark resort 😅. Given the name and extremely similar theme, it just turns me off of Wilderness lodge as being somewhere I like to go other than dining.

Last edited:
I will never stand in line for Peter Pan's Flight, ever again. Ever.
I don't like Stitch, at all. The movie, the character, any of it.
Not sure why Peter Pan's line is always so long. I haven't been on it since I was eight or nine, and don't feel the need to revisit it now that twenty years have passed since my last ride. Completely skippable experience.

As a grown adult I have enough fear of slipping forward and falling out of the seat on Soarin that I wear the extra strap in the middle when I ride.

LOL, me too! I don't wear the strap in the middle, but I won't ride it anymore either. I always felt like I was going to fall out with that darn bar in the back of the seat! Why did they need to put that in the seat anyway? I have a fear of heights and that seat makes me feel worse about falling.

Animal Kingdom is our favorite park, not the MK!

We don't care for fireworks or parades, so it's a good time to ride the attractions:)

Don't see what all the love is about for Peter Pan. Rode it once and we all left saying "that was it?" that's what everyone loves. Guess there's no nostalgia for it for us.

Jungle cruise is a one and done for us.

Don't like Stitch, the movie or character. Stitch chased us once in MK and that was not fun!

Jungle cruise is a one and done for us.
Not going to try to change your mind. Except I will say if you ever go during the Christmas season, the Jingle Cruise is worth a try. I generally hate the patter in the regular Jungle Cruise, but did enjoy the Jingle Cruise. *shrugs* Go figure.

I have a couple!

1) The Carousel of Progress is my favorite ride at Disney World.
2) I think Gideon's Bakehouse (in Disney Springs) is severely overrated.
3) I find Flight of Passage boring.
4) I think that the princesses should get less attention and the villains should get more.
I thought I was the only one that felt that way about Gideons! I was so excited to try the cookies and thought they were too sweet. The desserts at Amorette's are waaaaay better.

I thought I was the only one that felt that way about Gideons! I was so excited to try the cookies and thought they were too sweet. The desserts at Amorette's are waaaaay better.
Agreed! I worked as a baker for a while and am pretty picky about sweets. Gideon's cookies are far too sticky/sweet to be enjoyable. The cookies & cream was inedible, in my opinion. It's a shame too -- like you, we were really excited to try them and spent over $70 on cookies and coffee. Big oopsie. :(

We'll have to try Amorette's. Thanks!

As a grown adult I have enough fear of slipping forward and falling out of the seat on Soarin that I wear the extra strap in the middle when I ride.

I have a similar fear for Tower of Terror, that the doors for the drop shaft open and the vehicle keeps moving but the elevator holding car isn't there...even more difficult since it's dark

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter