What is your Disney shameful secret?

1. I cry at everything at Disney - Lion King Show, the MK parade, Fantasmic, Wishes, seeing someone else get a dream...you get the picture. AND I am so not like that "in real life."

2. I spend a lot of time at certain rides worrying if I will fit on them (I'm a big girl) so I can't always relax and enjoy the ques.

3. EPCOT bores me, especially world showcase.

4. I don't like kids as a whole (except my niece) but at Disney, I love them all and want to keep them believing in magic.

5. I have friends in the CAstle show and the Nemo show.

Finally, a thread just for ME!

1) I think the Stitch wake up call is OBNOXIOUS
2) I have to control my desire to stick out my foot when a kid in heelies wizzes by
3) I think the GF rooms are gawdy and too floral
4) Disney is not a recognized school of interior design. You people know who you are.
5) Every time I see a salty turkey leg I think of big old Henry VIII
6) I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a lime green mickey
7) Once we went to WDW for 6 days and spent 5 days at the waterparks and only ONE DAY in the parks, even though we did all 4 in that one day
8) DF will only go to WDW if the Red Sox are playing in Tampa and we book at least 2 rounds of golf.
9) I think many parents of toddlers seriously over-estimate their kids' tolerance for heat and humidity and their ability to independently recall beyond the bar of their strollers the 'once in a lifetime' trip.
10) I hate the buses. Crammed with less-than-fresh less-than-happy folks (none of you, of course!)

That's it for now... stay tuned for more! ;)

I love this thread!!

Add me to the turkey leg phobics. I actually have to turn my head if I see someone walking by gnawing on them. It's like Jurassic Park and makes me slightly nauseous. I'm glad I'm not alone :dance3:

I love Fantasmic and dance along with Mickey much to my family's embarassment.

When riding the monorail, I always sing the Simpson's monorail song and speak along with the announcer in Spanish.

I hate the look of the Polynesian. We call it the Tinderbox because it looks like a giant pile of kindling.

The few times I've been to the GF I was not impressed.

I love Epcot-Future World and could easily spend a full day wandering through Innoventions (both East and West).

I LOVE Spaceship Earth and am deathly afraid that the changes will ruin part of my joy.

And the most shameful secret is that I have yet to figure out what "EE" stands for? Can someone please help?

• I have the 'please stand clear of the doors......' announcement as the sound when Windows opens when I power up my computer.

That is so cool! How did you do that???

Oh!
Do not like parades
nor Dole Whip
or Pooh
or the sexy Tink (what's with that?)
also cry at the end of American Adventure :(

This is a great thread! Now keep in mind as you read my dirty disney secrets that I live in Orlando, DH is a CM and I'm former CM and we go to the parks A LOT!!!!

I've never ridden TOT, EE, Rockin' Roller Coaster, or Mission Space and I probably will never ride them because I'm a giant chicken!

However I can't miss Dinosaur and usually ride it twice because I LOVE IT!

The sight and smell of turkey legs make me gag

I cry every single time I watch Wishes!

I've never spent the day at any of the parks by myself or even ridden a ride by myself but I would like to.

I still miss the old Illuminations and usually won't stick around for the new one.

I think that's it for now :)

That is so cool! How did you do that???

I forget where I found this (but it was on the DIS), but if you scroll down you will find it:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/sounds.html

enjoy!!

Right click, 'Save as' and save to somewhere on your computer. Then in Control Panel, choose Sounds and Audio Devices, then click on the Sounds tab. In Program sounds scroll down to Windows Start (that's what I have) and browse to the file just downloaded. You are good to go.

Feel free to PM me if you need further assistance.

Oh, I have to participate in this thread.

*I hate the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Splash Mountain. That hour I spent in line to ride each of them? I want it back!

*I don't 'get' pin trading at all.

*I miss original EPCOT Center, when Future World was all science and no thrill rides.

*I miss the Monorail Cafe at the DL Hotel & the monorail stop upstairs.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, I've got post-DL brain today. :cool2:

Ok...here are mine:

*I love the Carousel of Progress.
*The Hall of Presidents is where I go for a nap.
*I'm a touring commando - my family is not always thrilled with this for some reason.....:confused3
*I have the most fun at WDW with my brother and sister.
*I, too, am not a huge fan of kids, but I can't wait to take my niece in July.
*I agree with BaciBecky - Tink is a little too sexy these days.
*I listen to MouseWorld radio nearly all day at work.

Sorry Leo, while I like the monorail and love riding up front on it my son and I both comment that it smells like a urinal everytime you get on it and we keep threatening to bring air fresheners and hang one in the cars :)

I always found that the monorail smelled odd and one day it came to me - it smells like used Band-Aid!

I have never heard of this-where is it??? Is it like radio Disney or is it from WDW???

Go to live365.com and search for "disney." The two I listen to are Mouseworld Radio and WDWLive radio. All Disney all the time :cool1: Mostly songs from movies, the rides and the loops around the parts, but the other day the monorail "spiel" was on - fabulous! :)

This thread is hilarious. I feel like I can say something negative and NOT get flamed :rotfl:

Shameful Secret #1: I drink my way around the World Showcase.....
Shameful Secret #2: Wish the parks had a grown up only day.....
Shameful Secret #3: Bought "fake" mickey diamond earrings that are "real"

:cool1: :lmao: :rotfl2: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2: :banana:

I am completely with you on the "Grown-up Only Day" for WDW. :thumbsup2 My husband keeps saying that he would pay extra for that sort of experience.

I'm a novice to the boards and I'm loving this thread. I went on my first trip to WDW (since 1975) during Halloween in 2007. My friend was going to wait for the Boo To You parade, but I decided to skip it and ride Splash Mountain five times. However, I caught part of the parade when I was walking back and was completely in awe. I hate parades, but this one was freakin' awesome. So, I caught it the second time that night AND then somehow got us tickets to MNSSHP later that week just for the Boo To You parades. This year I have planned two nights at MNSSHP (along with three nights of HHN).

My second shameful secret is that I recently paid several hundred bucks for a hitchhiking ghost collector's edition sculpture. I'm addicted to Haunted Mansion too. I have to be the biggest dork in the history of forever. And did I mention that I'm 40?

My second shameful secret is that I recently paid several hundred bucks for a hitchhiking ghost collector's edition sculpture. I'm addicted to Haunted Mansion too. I have to be the biggest dork in the history of forever. And did I mention that I'm 40?

Hooray! Another vote for the adults-only day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter