What is your Disney shameful secret?

Since I can't make it to Disney very regularly I love to watch Disney videos.Whether it be rides or just walks around the park.Bigfatpanda.com is probably my favorite.I love the way he interacts with the Castmembers and characters.

We went to WDW for the first time in September. We've gone every month except January since then and our trip next weekend will make our 6th trip. Our schedules are crazy and don't work for one long trip, so we take short weekend trips (2-3 nights).

My secret: Only my mom knows how often we go, and that's because she watches my pets. I've gotten a lot of crap from people who think we've only gone 2-3 times, so I keep it to myself when we're going.

My other secret: I enjoy the drive home as much as the time in the parks. I love spending the time talking with my son without all the stresses of day to day life getting in the way. Sometimes we plan our next trip on the drive home :)

Our schedules are crazy and don't work for one long trip, so we take short weekend trips (2-3 nights).

My secret: Only my mom knows how often we go, and that's because she watches my pets. I've gotten a lot of crap from people who think we've only gone 2-3 times, so I keep it to myself when we're going.

What I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music.
:rockband: :charac2: :mic: :music:
If people want you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to.

I can't and don't understand the enchanted tiki room or country bears :/ we joke to our kids don't make us take you to the country bears.... Eeeek

Love these!

Um, let's see....

-Everyone thinks DH and I go to WDW for the boys... :rotfl: I mean, don't get me wrong--our boys love it, but it doesn't take much sacrifice on our part.

-We love the values, particularly All-Star Music and would probably stay there even if we had all the money in the world. I know some people think they're kind of cheesy, but on my first ever Disney trip, when I was 9, my family stayed at ASMu and I guess it just always brings back good memories.

-I've never ridden Jungle Cruise.

-Or Maelstrom

-On DS1's second trip, he was 3, and we told him how much fun Star Tours was, so he decided to ride it (to be fair, I had kind of forgotten how intense it can be). About 5 minutes into the ride, he grabbed my arm and said, "I don''t want to ride this anymore!" I felt terrible!

Another I just noticed about me, but not sure its so shameful...

I'm a total Disney snob. Anytime I go to another amusement park, theme park, zoo, or otherwise... I always find myself saying things like "omg, MK would NEVER allow this to look like this or that" or "what kind of cheesy safari is THIS?" or the like... I caught myself doing it not too long ago on a "steam train" ride at the zoo. Good lord that thing was dusty and rickety and it just rode out to a wooded area and back. Im like "what the he!!?" LOLOL... after that, I just kept all the criticism to myself lol.

Another I just noticed about me, but not sure its so shameful...

I'm a total Disney snob. Anytime I go to another amusement park, theme park, zoo, or otherwise... I always find myself saying things like "omg, MK would NEVER allow this to look like this or that" or "what kind of cheesy safari is THIS?" or the like... I caught myself doing it not too long ago on a "steam train" ride at the zoo. Good lord that thing was dusty and rickety and it just rode out to a wooded area and back. Im like "what the he!!?" LOLOL... after that, I just kept all the criticism to myself lol.

haha, glad I'm not the only one that treats other amusement parks/attractions like that.

I love this!

I haven't been to WDW in 6 years!:sad: I moved away from Central Florida about six years ago and when I visit I haven't been able to get to Disney. My time with friends and family is very precious and if they don't want to go I don't push it. Unfortunately, for the most part they aren't Disney people (maybe once a year or so) and I have yet to convince them. One day, though :cheer2:

I know it's not a popular ride, but I can't go to Disney without going on Country Bear Jamboree! It was my grandparents favorite, and the nostalgia overwhelms everything for me. I am more than happy to go on it alone, though, and have often had to lol.

My other secret: I enjoy the drive home as much as the time in the parks. I love spending the time talking with my son without all the stresses of day to day life getting in the way. Sometimes we plan our next trip on the drive home :)

I like to do the drive back to SW Florida (used to live in Bonita Springs) by taking back roads through towns like Sebring, Lake Wales and Labelle. I find it so much more relaxing than the hell that is I-4 and I-75. Doesn't even matter to me that it takes quite a bit longer.

I like to do the drive back to SW Florida (used to live in Bonita Springs) by taking back roads through towns like Sebring, Lake Wales and Labelle. I find it so much more relaxing than the hell that is I-4 and I-75. Doesn't even matter to me that it takes quite a bit longer.

I tried to get to Orlando using directions from my phone's GPS & the MapQuest app which had us taking FL 31 to US 17. We got ridiculously lost :lmao:

I tried to get to Orlando using directions from my phone's GPS & the MapQuest app which had us taking FL 31 to US 17. We got ridiculously lost :lmao:

LOL. Palm Beach Blvd to LaBelle. Turn left onto 29. When you come to the part where 78 goes right and 29 goes forward, stay on 29. You'll get to the intersection with 27 near Fish Eating Creek. Turn left. Stay on 27 (it's also 98 and 17 at one point) until you get to I-4. Turn right. Reverse this to head home.

I hadn't ever been to a Disney Park until the age of 30 on my honeymoon (my wife's decision), and am now obsessed with all things Disney.

I try to keep this obsession minimized, but Facebook friends ask me what the obsession is about, seeing as I'd gone the previous 30 without much passion...well from 15-30 at least.

I have never seen DUMBO! :confused3

Anyone else?

Well I'm very paranoid with what's going to happen with the upcoming star-wars movie, I'm a huge star wars fan, so I hope it doesn't change much in the hands of Disney!

Although, they creative base should be wonderful and I'm so excited for a sequel finally!!

Well I'm very paranoid with what's going to happen with the upcoming star-wars movie, I'm a huge star wars fan, so I hope it doesn't change much in the hands of Disney!

Although, they creative base should be wonderful and I'm so excited for a sequel finally!!

They've already said that all of the Expanded Universe canon doesn't apply to their vision for the future movies, so they've already changed it a *lot*.

I hate Animal Kingdom. The only thing good about it is the Kali River Rapids and the Safari. The tree is neat too. Park felt dirty and not Disney like. It's a 1/2 day park, if that in my books.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I hadn't ever been to a Disney Park until the age of 30 on my honeymoon (my wife's decision), and am now obsessed with all things Disney. I try to keep this obsession minimized, but Facebook friends ask me what the obsession is about, seeing as I'd gone the previous 30 without much passion...well from 15-30 at least.

Similar situation for me! Except I didn't hide the obsession lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter