What is your fave DVC resort?

That is tough! As of a few weeks ago we have stayed at all of the resorts except Disneyland and Aulani. We bought in at BWV and HH in 1998. At that time I would have said BWV hands down. Over the years we have tried most of the others and I would probably still say BWV, but AKL is a very close second. I also love HH and VB. Probably 2/3rds of our trips are actually to HH. 5 years ago or so we did a small add on at VB. We like to end a Parks trip there.

Having said that, there isn't a single resort I dislike or would be unhappy to stay at. They each have their own special qualities.

BWV for boardwalk view (best on site) and ideal location. We own there and AKV and have had Theme Park view at BLT and consider it inferior to boardwalk view. Also, if you want one of the best bargains on site, BWV standard view is it with points near the same as OKW but you get the ideal location.

BWV for boardwalk view (best on site) and ideal location. We own there and AKV and have had Theme Park view at BLT and consider it inferior to boardwalk view. Also, if you want one of the best bargains on site, BWV standard view is it with points near the same as OKW but you get the ideal location.

Can't wait to try BW view in October! I agree about location & the bargain on the standard view. We also love the community hall for the kids. It is one of our home resorts & our favorite!

That is tough!
there isn't a single resort I dislike or would be unhappy to stay at. They each have their own special qualities.

Agree 100%. But that being said; 1.) OKW (it's quiet & private) & 2.) BCV love the pool & easy access to EPCOT & DHS. ::yes::

I have to agree I have more than one favorite. I'd like to say Aulani, but that would mostly be because of being located in Hawaii. While we loved the rooms and decor and resort, it needs to be a lot more compatible for BOTH kids and adults for me to call it my favorite.

My list would go like this:
1. OKW (size of units and general layout and feel of the place)
2. AKV (A destination all by itself and so much to do there as well as animals)
3. Aulani (It's in Hawaii, and it oozes luxury.

Now if you asked for my bottom 3, that would be more difficult yet!

AKV Kidani---for the theme/the animals/the extra bathroom space in a 1 and 2 br unit. I could be happy just staying at the resort itself.

All sounds great so far! I am a little surprised at some that haven't been mentioned yet, but I love hearing about all the great things at the different resorts :)

I have three favorites, AKV, AHV (Aulani) and BLT. When I'm staying at that resort, it's my favorite. But I will have to admit that Aulani is the most luxurious of all the DVC resorts. VGF might match the luxury in the rooms, but I doubt it will ever match the friendliness and helpfulness of the CMs at Aulani nor will it have the pool features, Aunties Beach House for the kids, and the nightly entertainment which is free for guests. Aulani is truly a deluxe resort, no doubt about it.

Another one with multiple favorites, depending on the purpose of our trip. As an anniversary tradition, we always go to OKW. DH loves to golf, and we were married on a golf course, so we just love the tradition of it. We wear our Anniversary buttons all week and get so many "Happy Anniversary"s from the CMs. We also love HHI, and DH golfs there also, but we went there for our anniversary one year, and found we really missed OKW. However, for nature walks, beach walks, just "chillin'", HHI's our favorite. In the fall, when we want to be able to come and go to Epcot our whole vacation, BCV is the place to be. And for a solo trip, I love AKV. I'm going there in 2 1/2 weeks and don't even have park passes. It's all about seeing the animals and doing the resort activities.

We have only been to four so far (AKV, BWV, VGC, and VWL). Personally, I liked VWL the best. My wife and daughter liked AKV the best (so much so that we are in the process of buying a resale AKV contract). I can say that we have not been disappointed in any of them, and we look forward to trying out a lot more.

AKL was where we stayed for our first ever on-site trip, and we fell in love with it. When they announced AKV, DH agreed immediately to do an add-on to our existing SSR contract. We love the AKV, definitely our favorite resort. We have stayed at BWV, BCV, OKW, and SSR also and they were amazing too.

just back from a week at BLT, loved it and its my new fav, wife still prefers BCV because of the pool. But for me the location, monorail and rooms make me love the BLT.

I have only been to 3 so far....BLT, AKl and HHI.....we own at BLT and just did our 2nd stay....it my favorite so far........but I feel in love with Hilton Head Island and now dream of retiring there!:)

BLT......the setting on the lake....a boat or monorail to 3 other resorts...TOWL....walk to MK and the monorail such fun!:)

With my little ones BC for pool and location. For an adult only I think I'd have a tougher time picking, but SSR for views and location to DTD might win. Or BW, for a shorter trip. (Down size is the hallways on day 6 are just not fun any more.)

We have stayed at OKW, SSR, VWL, BWV, Kidani and BLT. I adored VWL - LOVED it (to the point I would trade in our SSR points for it and buy more)! OKW and BLT would round out my top three.

It is truly a tough question...that's probably why we all love DVC. I adored Aulani and look forward to the day we can return. I would say locally, it is a toss up between BLT and BCV. Love the convenience of walking to the parks at both and the awesome swimming pool at BCV. Ask me again next March after we get to try out the VGF.

I have 3 my fist is our own KV it is so beautiful at night all lit up, first bus stop first coming back nice pool area that has shade and not to mention the animals and the great food of Boma and Sanaa,

My next favorite is my other home at HH. Everyone is so nice my family lives on the east coast so we all meet up here and have a great time. The cast members are the best.

Vero Beach is our precruise stay we stay 2 nights which is plenty we don't really go to the beach as we live in Panama City. But the pool is fantastic the pool is huge, the snack bar has the infamous dole whips too. Several places to eat. The mini golf is fun too. The nightly campfire is fun too.

I happily alternate between 3 faves, always book 2bd's:

OKW, love the location, proximity to DTD, marina and boat activities, lush and tropical landscaping and theming, Olivia's

Kidani, the lay out of the villa, the 3rd bath (travel w/3-5 teens), covered parking, the master bath, the partial views of the Pembeh savanna on standard points, Sanaa

BWV, the layout and living space is small but sometimes it's nice to be in walking distance of Epcot and to have the fun vibe of the boardwalk! My son's fave!

We live in NYC so our favorites are the "outdoorsey/adventurey" feeling resorts: Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodge. They are both so different from our normal life. A tall tree? An animal that's not a squirrel? These things seem very alien to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter