What is your fave DVC resort?

BWV, with a Boardwalk view, we usually go in December, some nts we sit on our deck and watch the fireworks, great view

For us it is BLT. We have two little ones so the walkway to MK is perfect for us. My second is AKV Kidani, my DH is WL fan.

Our favorite is BCV, our first home resort. Now adding at AKV, although we have never stayed there, we have visited the resort several times. I think they all have something special about them and I hope to try them all eventually.

That really depends what type of vacation we are doing. Extended family, couples, adults only, no parks, beach...we have a favorite for each situation.

I'll try to order the ones we've stayed at, but it will be tough (especially throwing in the non-WDW resorts). My 1 and 2 are pretty firm...the others might move around based on what kind of vacay I am looking for (I agree with PP).

1- BCV
BLT
AKV
- one of our home resorts
2- BWV
3- HH- one of our home resorts
4- OKW- one of our home resorts
5- VB
6- VWL
7- SSR

Our 1st stay at BLT will be in Oct (just DH and I in a studio for 3 nights). Our 1st stay at AKV will be in Dec (our whole family in a 2BR at Kadani). I think they will both be close to the top (I will put them above in red where I suspect I will have them after our upcoming trips). VGF...well I don't know where that would fall. While it's absolutely stunning, it's not walking distance to a park and it's a bit too upscale for us. DH's fave is VWL (and BCV is a close second).

Aulani followed by the Grand Californian. At WDW VWL and BC are tied!

Of course I love our home resorts of SSR and BLT because they are both unique in their own way and they both have qualities that appeal to our family. However, we also are in love with BCV because of the proximity to Epcot and DHS plus we just love that resort. We want to do an add on really soon and have decided that BCV will be the next resort we want to own :goodvibes.

We always stay at our home resort Boardwalk and book Boardwalk view. Absolutely love it there! Perfect location, just love the whole atmosphere.

Also fell in love with Aulani this year. What a fantastic resort! Beautiful and relaxing. Can't wait to go back there again!

Since becoming a DVC member in March 2011 I slowly have been trying to stay at all the DVC resorts. So far I have stayed at BLT (my home resort), OKW, AKV, BCV, BWV, Grand California and Aulani. I enjoy each of them for certain reasons but if I had to pick a favorite DVC resort I would have to say Aulani.

easy:
BWV :cloud9:
we like that there is such a range of options at our fingertips (and no matter what our day brings, every morning starts with a cup of coffee as the sun brightens crescent lake, evenings ending with fireworks exploding over the eiffel tower).
we do little planning, because we can decide on a whim to walk to DHS and/or EPCOT (& satisfy my grey goose slushie cravings:rolleyes1), play mini-golf or tennis, hit jellyrolls, make new friends in belle vue lounge, dine, play carny games, watch street performers, have an ice cream cone, go to community hall, lay by 3 great pools, shop wyland gallery, jog/walk the BW, take a boatride, read a book on the back balcony or any of the little nooks throughout the resort.....we have the option of doing so much, or nothing at all :)
AKV is fantastic (love their fascinating CMs, amazing decor, and Boma), and i think VGF will be a favorite since we enjoy the GF so much. SSR is wonderful as well, with beautiful scenery, wonderful views of DTD (CG), turf club, and great places to take quiet walks.

we really aren't interested in VB, HH, or aulani (all are beach oriented and we love our great town beaches), but would probably enjoy a DVC on another continent (europe, africa).

Having rented points before purchasing in the past I will list mine in preference .
WLV our home resort
AKL(kidani)
OKW
BLT
SSR

All have there good points but love my top two. Want to try BWV and BCV in the future but back to our home next november

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter