What is your Favorite Character Interaction/Photo?

Mags2002

WDW/DCL CM
I thought it might be fun to do a thread about characters (my absolute favorite Disney topic). I am currently a DCL performer and have worked as a performer at WDW.
What is your favorite character memory/interaction/magical moment?

We were on the Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise September 2018. My daughter hadn't quickly made friends like she had on all of our other cruises. She was feeling a little bummed. She was telling Princess Tiana this when she met her. Princess Tiana took her hand and walked her all around deck 4 introducing her to all of her friends (CMs). It made my daughter feel so special and it brought her out of the dumps. She thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the cruise and still says it is one of her favorite cruises she has been on. Thank you Princess Tiana!

We were on the Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise September 2018. My daughter hadn't quickly made friends like she had on all of our other cruises. She was feeling a little bummed. She was telling Princess Tiana this when she met her. Princess Tiana took her hand and walked her all around deck 4 introducing her to all of her friends (CMs). It made my daughter feel so special and it brought her out of the dumps. She thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the cruise and still says it is one of her favorite cruises she has been on. Thank you Princess Tiana!
So beautiful! That’s one thing Cinderella loves so much is that she is usually able to get through to kids (and adults) and help them feel special

Gosh....SO many ! My adult son is autistic and loves every character (even the Villains...secretly). Characters have been so very kind to him over the years and I am so touched and appreciative of that interaction....the world can be a cruel place for him. He loves to talk with Snow White about proper animal care. He adores Mickey and was once even invited to visit in Mickey's "office" before a parade ...with Anastasia and Druzella. Highlight for him ...AND ME! He knows every cartoon, every episode and every stage show antic from every character and always manages to engage them about things I have no knowledge of. Such a delight! Thanks to all the friends of characters for being so loving and caring with him. Here are just a few over the years....

Attachments

• 100_4103.JPG
    100_4103.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 8
  • fullsizeoutput_1908.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1908.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 10
  • fullsizeoutput_7c7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_7c7.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_5814.JPG
    100_5814.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 10
  • fullsizeoutput_3372.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_3372.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 8
  • fullsizeoutput_4e0.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_4e0.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 8
  • fullsizeoutput_59d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_59d.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 9

Gosh....SO many ! My adult son is autistic and loves every character (even the Villains...secretly). Characters have been so very kind to him over the years and I am so touched and appreciative of that interaction....the world can be a cruel place for him. He loves to talk with Snow White about proper animal care. He adores Mickey and was once even invited to visit in Mickey's "office" before a parade ...with Anastasia and Druzella. Highlight for him ...AND ME! He knows every cartoon, every episode and every stage show antic from every character and always manages to engage them about things I have no knowledge of. Such a delight! Thanks to all the friends of characters for being so loving and caring with him. Here are just a few over the years....
Thank you so much for sharing! I love that the characters bring such joy to your son. I am sure that the characters felt just as much joy spending time with him as well 💙

@DWillowBay have you visited WDW? Your son looks familiar to me!
Many times. I have tried to get him there at least once, if not twice a year in the past. Lately we've been blessed to sail with DCL once a year and get to the parks once a year. Cruising is great for him. If you met him, I can humbly say, he probably made an impact. He's a sweetie...(I may be biased).

Many times. I have tried to get him there at least once, if not twice a year in the past. Lately we've been blessed to sail with DCL once a year and get to the parks once a year. Cruising is great for him. If you met him, I can humbly say, he probably made an impact. He's a sweetie...(I may be biased).
I have a feeling my friends Rapunzel and Cinderella have had the pleasure of spending time him :)

What is your favorite character memory/interaction/magical moment?

When we were on the Wonder last year in Alaska, my husband spoke with a 'Donald Duck' voice and surprised the CMs. Donald thought it was great.

Recently on the Magic, we got to see Rapunzel multiple times, so my son took to asking her how long it took her to wash her hair each day. She had pretty funny answers.

Same cruise, I told Captain America I liked Loki the best and he told my son to keep an eye on me. 👁️

I have a feeling my friends Rapunzel and Cinderella have had the pleasure of spending time him :)
Oh....yes Ma'am! He often wonders to me if "His Girls" fight over him when he is not with them. He's a hoot! He loves the Princesses and has a Princess Protection Agency shirt he likes to wear for them, especially on the Cruises. On our past cruise, he met Moana for the first time..... ANGELS SANG!! ...with Cinderella, it's Bluebirds...and with Rapunzel, it's Frying Pans! Anyway, if you get a chance, thank Rapunzel and Cinderella for their caring way with him. Truly a blessing! :love:

I love interacting with chip n dale. Just got off the Wonder recently and I asked them if they would do a dance off in the line and they did it. It was amazing. Another interaction I had was with Louis on the last Hawaii sailing in May. I was trying to organize photos for my photobook in shutters. All of a sudden my screen was doing crazy things that I wasn't inputting. Looked and saw Louis was next to me and was trying to help. He was a jokester lol. But it was cool interacting with him besides only seeing him in Tiana's.

Oh and this recent sailing we were doing Disney tunes trivia. Daisy popped in after her photographs and the cast member said we just finished up and was about to reward the family with Daisy medals. Cast member asked if Daisy wanted to present them to us. She did and came up and gave each of our medals. Cast member said that was a first in all of their cruises seeing that so it was definitely a special moment for us.

Last edited:
I have 2!
Oldest son (17) and I were playing uncharted adventure on the Wish and were so into it that we didn’t notice Pluto standing right behind us. I turned around and screamed! All of us had a good laugh.

Younger son (10) LOVES Stitch and everyone of their interactions is amazing. One of the most memorable was on Castaway day and he thought Stitch was left on the island, and flipped out. When we saw Stitch walking through the lobby that night it was such a relief!

When we were on the Wonder last year in Alaska, my husband spoke with a 'Donald Duck' voice and surprised the CMs. Donald thought it was great.

Recently on the Magic, we got to see Rapunzel multiple times, so my son took to asking her how long it took her to wash her hair each day. She had pretty funny answers.

Same cruise, I told Captain America I liked Loki the best and he told my son to keep an eye on me. 👁️
How fun!
People are always curious about Rapunzel’s hair. My friend used to get asked about it all the time!

I love interacting with chip n dale. Just got off the Wonder recently and I asked them if they would do a dance off in the line and they did it. It was amazing. Another interaction I had was with Louis on the last Hawaii sailing in May. I was trying to organize photos for my photobook in shutters. All of a sudden my screen was doing crazy things that I wasn't inputting. Looked and saw Louis was next to me and was trying to help. He was a jokester lol. But it was cool interacting with him besides only seeing him in Tiana's.
Ah Chip and Dale are some of my friends! It’s so much fun hanging out with them and the Guests :)

I have 2!
Oldest son (17) and I were playing uncharted adventure on the Wish and were so into it that we didn’t notice Pluto standing right behind us. I turned around and screamed! All of us had a good laugh.

Younger son (10) LOVES Stitch and everyone of their interactions is amazing. One of the most memorable was on Castaway day and he thought Stitch was left on the island, and flipped out. When we saw Stitch walking through the lobby that night it was such a relief!
Haha! It’s great that you have such fun memories with the characters!

We were on the Magic Canada cruise last fall, and made a point to have our daughter meet as many characters as possible. She obviously loves the Princesses, but Rapunzel, Mulan, and Belle on that cruise were particularly good. She's a bit shy, but they just kept talking to her and making her feel special. Those things make the cost of the cruises worth it.

One night on the Fantasy, I saw Captain Hook and Smee ready to take some pics. So I got in line for my first-ever cruise character pic and then politely informed the Captain I only wanted one with his first mate, who's always been a favorite. Well, I didn't take into account Hook's ego and he stomped off - completely. I stood there astonished, with a whole bunch of other cruisers wondering what I had done. It still makes me smile (although maybe not so true for the passengers who wanted Hook's pic!)

And at WDW, I once went to a reception for my company where Chip 'n Dale were in one corner available for pics. It wasn't really the crowd for it, so I think they stood there for ages with no one. I happened to glance over right as they noticed me, and they began waving and jumping and being generally adorable, so of course I had to go over. They proceeded to fight over who got to take the first pic and hold my arm and just made me laugh so much - aka best part of the night for me.

Not exactly an interaction, but one of my favorite character memories. We had sailed on a MDAS cruise, and Thor Ragnarok was playing in the theater. We went to a relatively late show, and before the movie began they did a preview for Black Panther. Well, while the preview was going on, you could see that a man dressed in black was coming down the side stairs people began to realize that it was Black Panther himself. Once the preview was over, he did that little slight bow that he has and then the whole theater clapped. I’ve never seen people clap for a preview before. Great memory!

Sorry to drop in (as this was a DCL moment) but I had a similar moment with Stitch at Aulani and it was priceless (it was right as covid was happening and I suspect that Stitch didn't expect me of all people to bring out the "Meega Nala Kweestra" 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter