What is your Favorite Character Interaction/Photo?

We always try to think of interesting things to say or ask when interacting with characters (as two adults). My father-in-law, who often gives us a hard time, had one of the best ones! When meeting Chip and Dale, they were posing for a photo and all of a sudden, my FIL turns and says, "hey, I think a couple of your cousins are living under my porch at home!" It was so out of character for him and Chip and Dale thought it was hilarious. Definitely a memory for me!

We've had so many great character interactions. I especially love the 'unexpected' character encounters on the ship--it's truly magical to just see them walking around.

First cruise (Wonder Alaska 2016), we were at the Frozen deck party, Daisy dancing near us. The horn blew and scared my girls. Daisy covered their ears. Such the sweetest moment.
DSCN0962.JPG

Chip and Dale at Garden Grill (Epcot)--always hilarious. In 2017, our family went with my husband's older cousins (their first trip). Dale signed 4 autograph books AND the table with a black Sharpie...walks away...comes back, changes the name to Chip. The other characters find out, Pluto shaking his head. Dale discovers that the blue Equal packets remove Sharpie from the table. Mickey needs to try it...writes his name in red sharpie...uses a sugar packet...it doesn't come off. Next thing we know we have multiple characters at the table trying to get Mickey's name off with sugar packets, equal packets, Mickey's glove, Dale's fur. We were dying laughing.
DSCN6653.JPG

June 2022 Fantasy Western cruise--my kids had both just graduated (high school and college). They met Dr. Strange. He saw their graduation ears, congratulated them, then asked if they were studying to be doctors.
IMG_20220619_121713697_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220624_195156092.jpg
I thought this was the sweetest thing on my June 2022 Fantasy cruise. Characters were still social distancing, but Rapunzel was in the atrium dancing with the kids the last night, just like that scene in Tangled.

In general, we look forward to Formal Night. We get all dressed up in formal wear and get our pictures taken. We then make copies of our favorite picture and put them in with our Christmas cards.

Specifically, we really enjoyed our Alaskan cruise. We loved the pictures taken on deck with Mickey and Donald.

1691690704397.png

1691690771111.png

1691690794712.png

We always try to think of interesting things to say or ask when interacting with characters (as two adults). My father-in-law, who often gives us a hard time, had one of the best ones! When meeting Chip and Dale, they were posing for a photo and all of a sudden, my FIL turns and says, "hey, I think a couple of your cousins are living under my porch at home!" It was so out of character for him and Chip and Dale thought it was hilarious. Definitely a memory for me!
I love this! It’s so easy to have fun with Chip and Dale!

We've had so many great character interactions. I especially love the 'unexpected' character encounters on the ship--it's truly magical to just see them walking around.

First cruise (Wonder Alaska 2016), we were at the Frozen deck party, Daisy dancing near us. The horn blew and scared my girls. Daisy covered their ears. Such the sweetest moment.
View attachment 784399

Chip and Dale at Garden Grill (Epcot)--always hilarious. In 2017, our family went with my husband's older cousins (their first trip). Dale signed 4 autograph books AND the table with a black Sharpie...walks away...comes back, changes the name to Chip. The other characters find out, Pluto shaking his head. Dale discovers that the blue Equal packets remove Sharpie from the table. Mickey needs to try it...writes his name in red sharpie...uses a sugar packet...it doesn't come off. Next thing we know we have multiple characters at the table trying to get Mickey's name off with sugar packets, equal packets, Mickey's glove, Dale's fur. We were dying laughing.
View attachment 784400

June 2022 Fantasy Western cruise--my kids had both just graduated (high school and college). They met Dr. Strange. He saw their graduation ears, congratulated them, then asked if they were studying to be doctors.
View attachment 784401
What great photos and memories! I love the unexpected interactions with Guests

We went to Disneyland when my youngest son was 6. He was absolutely in LOVE with Anna at the time. We went to meet Anna and Elsa, and when it was our turn, he sprinted at Anna and just jumped at her and wrapped his arms around her. Not that I'm biased, but he happens to give the absolute BEST hugs in the world (still does at 15). He just attached himself to her for several minutes. She looked up at us and said "This is the best hug I've had in a really long time!" It was just so sweet.
DSC_0171.JPG

We went to Disneyland when my youngest son was 6. He was absolutely in LOVE with Anna at the time. We went to meet Anna and Elsa, and when it was our turn, he sprinted at Anna and just jumped at her and wrapped his arms around her. Not that I'm biased, but he happens to give the absolute BEST hugs in the world (still does at 15). He just attached himself to her for several minutes. She looked up at us and said "This is the best hug I've had in a really long time!" It was just so sweet.
View attachment 784484
Warm Hugs!!!! This is the best!! Princess Anna was a good friend of mine when I worked at WDW and I know how much she would have appreciated such a hug! 😍

My favorite character interaction was with Capt Jack Sparrow. In my observation, most of the characters focus on the kids, but they will interact with adults if you say something that is core to their character. (Example: I saw Cinderella walking past Guest Services and asked her, "Where are the mice?" She stopped, and told me about how they had discovered all of the wonderful cheeses up at Remy and loved to go up there to eat.)

It was around 9-10 pm on Pirate Night; Capt Jack had one more photo op up by the area between the shops and the theater. He stood between us for a picture, and was ready to move on to the next family. I asked, "Capt Sparrow, I was having a disagreement with my wife, and perhaps you could settle it for us. Is there such a thing as too much rum?" He gave me a look for about a half of a second that clearly indicated that he knew exactly what I was doing (and it was late and he'd rather be finishing up), but then turned to my wife and did the whole elaborate hand/arm wavy gestures and said, "No. luv". The photographer fortunately brough the camera back up and caught that interaction.

My favorite character interaction was with Capt Jack Sparrow. In my observation, most of the characters focus on the kids, but they will interact with adults if you say something that is core to their character. (Example: I saw Cinderella walking past Guest Services and asked her, "Where are the mice?" She stopped, and told me about how they had discovered all of the wonderful cheeses up at Remy and loved to go up there to eat.)

It was around 9-10 pm on Pirate Night; Capt Jack had one more photo op up by the area between the shops and the theater. He stood between us for a picture, and was ready to move on to the next family. I asked, "Capt Sparrow, I was having a disagreement with my wife, and perhaps you could settle it for us. Is there such a thing as too much rum?" He gave me a look for about a half of a second that clearly indicated that he knew exactly what I was doing (and it was late and he'd rather be finishing up), but then turned to my wife and did the whole elaborate hand/arm wavy gestures and said, "No. luv". The photographer fortunately brough the camera back up and caught that interaction.
This is fantastic! To be honest, I love the interactions with adults as much as the kids. Adults will often ask questions or say something that really makes you think and test your acting skills! I feel that this helps me stay focused and improves my performance, and it’s fun!
Most character performers are obsessed with Disney too, so meeting adults who love the characters as much as we do is a great thing

I thought it might be fun to do a thread about characters (my absolute favorite Disney topic). I am currently a DCL performer and have worked as a performer at WDW.
What is your favorite character memory/interaction/magical moment?
Singing the Doc McStuffins theme song with a Donald Duck!
I will admit to being a Disney adult - I love the magic and give myself the opportunities to let it happen. I was on the Magic HoTHS last year meeting Super Hero Donald. My bestie was dressed as Super Nurse, her new career, and asked to check Donald's heart with her stethoscope. A moment later he starts pointing and begins to mime 👂👀📏. I caught on and we all got to sing Doc McStuffins with Donald!

Singing the Doc McStuffins theme song with a Donald Duck!
I will admit to being a Disney adult - I love the magic and give myself the opportunities to let it happen. I was on the Magic HoTHS last year meeting Super Hero Donald. My bestie was dressed as Super Nurse, her new career, and asked to check Donald's heart with her stethoscope. A moment later he starts pointing and begins to mime 👂👀📏. I caught on and we all got to sing Doc McStuffins with Donald!
I love when adults let themselves be immersed in the magic and have fun with characters. This sounds like such a fun interaction with Donald. What a great memory to have!

My first and last character encounter. I'm the one on the right in both photos just in case you couldn't tell. The photos were taken almost 40 years apart. I think Mickey and I aged pretty well.

The top photo was taken on Main St. USA many, many years before I had an inkling of becoming a CM and when characters still roamed around the parks.

The photo on the bottom was taken at an AK event towards the end of my Disney career.

WDWq (2).jpg
IMG_6681.jpg

My first and last character encounter. I'm the one on the right in both photos just in case you couldn't tell. The photos were taken almost 40 years apart. I think Mickey and I aged pretty well.

The top photo was taken on Main St. USA many, many years before I had an inkling of becoming a CM and when characters still roamed around the parks.

The photo on the bottom was taken at an AK event towards the end of my Disney career.

View attachment 784863
View attachment 784862
I think it’s safe to say you and Mickey have definitely aged well!
That is so amazing that you have your first and last character photo 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter