What is your favorite dish at Homecomin?

I love the fried chicken, but my mom's favorite was the braised short ribs. The fried green tomatoes were delicious as well!

Can Homecoming change the spices in a dish ?
Are the entrees freshly cooked ?
My DH is low salt diet
He eats fish with Mrs Dash seasoning

Fried chicken & donuts. DH & I share it and a great dinner salad

sadly, we had such a downright awful meal there (food & drink quality along with service issues :confused3 ) last spring eliminated from our rotation

might give them another whirl next trip

The bartender there recommended the Burger - my friend and I tried it and it's pretty much all we ever order there these days. It is SO SO good!

We dined here for brunch during our October trip and it was phenomenal!!! I had:

Hallelujah Biscuit
Open-faced biscuit topped with Chef Art’s famous fried chicken, two over-easy eggs, pimento cheese, pecan-smoked bacon and smothered in sawmill gravy. Choice of side item.

Absolute perfection!

ok thanks! I'm not sure if I want to spend that kind of money on fried chicken quite yet, I may have to think about it.
That's exactly what i said 2 trips ago. we actually passed on Homecomin' because of the price. soooo, We went ahead and went last time. I got the fried chicken and donuts and i was immediately KICKING MYSELF for not going on the previous trip.

I still dream about those Thigh High Chicken Biscuits! They're an appetizer/starter? but def more than I could ever eat for a meal.

Definitely the fried chicken for me.
My aunt loved tha hamburger and chips(she’s a very picky eater and really enjoyed it)
My grandmother swears by the chicken and donuts
My dad loves everything but was most impressed by the shrimp and grits
And despite being in Florida where it’s usually hot, my mom always has to have the chicken and dumpling soup

Also I love the Local. Best alcoholic beverage on property imho

I'm so excited to have reservations here for our upcoming trip in *eek* three weeks. This thread is really helpful, because looking at the menu, I want to eat everything!!!

I'm so excited to have reservations here for our upcoming trip in *eek* three weeks. This thread is really helpful, because looking at the menu, I want to eat everything!!!
Sounds close to the same time as me. You will love it.

We dined here for brunch during our October trip and it was phenomenal!!! I had:

Hallelujah Biscuit
Open-faced biscuit topped with Chef Art’s famous fried chicken, two over-easy eggs, pimento cheese, pecan-smoked bacon and smothered in sawmill gravy. Choice of side item.

Absolute perfection!

This is my FAVORITE brunch item. It's ridiculously good.

My favorite item to date is the collards, which I don't think have returned yet... Chef Art and I have a mutual friend and said friend actually called and asked him what was in them because I couldn't quit raving about them :rotfl:

Oh boy! Everything is so good there. My favorite items are the thigh high chicken biscuits, deviled eggs and fried chicken salad. I also never leave without dessert - the chocolate cake is so good! So is the Hummingbird cake.

Another vote for Fried Chicken and deviled eggs. Once you have their chicken you will be spoiled forever. Other chicken won’t compare lol. Also a hidden gem is the bbq plate, if you aren’t in the mood for chicken.

Also walk up’s are accepted. Not sure for brunch but for dinner. It is a wait though usually. We usually go up around 3-4pm for dinner and it takes about 1-2 hours to get in. They just text you. So we just walk around and browse the shops while we wait.

Honestly you can't go wrong with anything there. We have yet to find something that wasn't fantastic. Drinks, apps, main dishes and desserts. All good, every time. Its the only restaurant that we book twice on our vacations.

Unpopular Opinion Coming:

The Fried Chicken is overrated. I have had a lot better at Mom and Pop shops throughout GA and SC.

Chicken Biscuits are very good though as well and the Deviled Eggs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter