What is your favorite Disney Springs Hotel?

Dbktmc

Mouseketeer
My family of 3 is looking to visit the Disney Springs area for a few nights this summer. We have traveled to the Disney at least once a year for the past 11 years but with all of the price increases have decided to skip it this trip. We have always stayed on property and this is our first time looking offsite. Our plan is to visit Disney Springs every evening and go to both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water parks while we are there. We are from PA and craving the beautiful Florida sunshine!

Can you please tell me your favorite hotel and why it is your favorite? We will not have a car and plan to Uber when needed if that helps!

Thank you!!!

Edited to add clarification on past stays.

Last edited:
My family of 3 is looking to visit the Disney Springs area for a few nights this summer. We have traveled to the Disney at least once a year for the past 11 years but with all of the price increases have decided to skip it this trip. We have always stayed on property and this is our first time looking offsite. Our plan is to visit Disney Springs every evening and go to both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water parks while we are there. We are from PA and craving the beautiful Florida sunshine!

Can you please tell me your favorite hotel and why it is your favorite? We will not have a car and plan to Uber when needed if that helps!

Thank you!!!

Even from the doubletree or drury in it’s only a 15 min Walk to Disney springs. Both also have shuttles that go to Disney spring and the parks. One other advantage from drury/doubletree is its also a 15 min walk to olive garden/dennys/ihop/bk/kfc/Giordano/Steak and shakes/miller ale house and Walgreens.

Also if you use the public Lynx bus ($16 unlimited for a week) there is a bus stop right In front of the hotel that goes to Disney springs or the fore mentioned shopping/food area every 30 minutes from 5 am to midnight

I have stayed at all of them but the Hilton. the only 2 I would prefer not to stay again is B Resort & Wyndham Gardens. Both had not friendly staff, Wyndham Gardens had nice rooms but the outside area was messy-the pool looked very nice. B Resort room was just ok but the staff was super rude.

If I had to pick I would try the Drury we enjoyed it as Travel Lodge & Best Western.

I have stayed at DoubleTree Suites, Hilton, Hilton LBV Palace, B Resort and Wyndham Garden, most multiple times. Since your trip will be resort intensive I think that really matters as to where I would be staying.

All are walking distance, and minor since you won't be doing miles each day at the parks. So location would not matter to me at all. And yes I've walked from the furthest one.

Closest two are Hilton and Hilton Palace. Hilton is best I can describe "unimpressive" with a couple square pools, long hallways and has had minimal renovating in decades. While I used to stay due to Diamond access, I have no desire to return as it exists now. Palace has had some renovation inside, some love, some don't but the major renovation is to the pool area. Lazy river, palm trees, pool side restaurant/bar. Really the best pool in Disney Springs. But if I were doing water parks days I would focus more on room & other amenities.

Wyndham Garden is an absolute no for me again. The rooms are shoeboxes and feel like pods stacked. Everything there is quite minimal and I can't imagine staying there for a resort stay.

B Resort, we had about 6 great stays, tower, lanai, pool side ~ all great. It had everything we needed. Rooms are big as it's an old hotel and it has whimsy BUT BUT I haven't stayed in years and recently there have been negative reviews. I would read up well before I risk a resort stay.

DoubleTree Suites is the farthest but not bad. SUITES mean bedroom and living room, kitchenette style. Pool is basic, hotel is basic. The plus is the space you get. Unless you need it I likely would pass.

I have not stayed at Holiday Inn and have not heard anything really bad or really good.

NOW where I would pick is the Drury Inn. One tower is brand new, other tower renovated, most the public spaces are new or renovated. All new pool area. NEW ROOMS is a plus for me.

But here is what you get that for me no big as I'm in the parks most the time but for a resort stay a huge value ...

Enjoy our free hot breakfast, 5:30 Kickback® with evening snacks and cold beverages, free Wi-Fi throughout, several on-site dining options, a resort-style saltwater pool and an arcade - all with no resort fee!

Microwave and fridge in room - so you could bring back leftovers etc from Disney Springs to have later. But the evening kickback is legit dinner food so you could enjoy a big lunch at Disney Springs and a light dinner here, just relaxing or return to Springs for dessert, wandering, listening to music etc.

https://www.druryhotels.com/menu
https://www.druryhotels.com/locations/orlando-fl/drury-plaza-hotel-orlando

Yeah, that Drury Inn tower does look nice.

The Holiday Inn Express room we stayed in was recently renovated, and the pool is getting a major rehab. However, many of the hotels in that row can't help but show some of their age if you look close. And as with our room, I think each hotel has some views that are something less than breath-taking.

Last edited:

I have stayed at DoubleTree Suites, Hilton, Hilton LBV Palace, B Resort and Wyndham Garden, most multiple times. Since your trip will be resort intensive I think that really matters as to where I would be staying.

All are walking distance, and minor since you won't be doing miles each day at the parks. So location would not matter to me at all. And yes I've walked from the furthest one.

Closest two are Hilton and Hilton Palace. Hilton is best I can describe "unimpressive" with a couple square pools, long hallways and has had minimal renovating in decades. While I used to stay due to Diamond access, I have no desire to return as it exists now. Palace has had some renovation inside, some love, some don't but the major renovation is to the pool area. Lazy river, palm trees, pool side restaurant/bar. Really the best pool in Disney Springs. But if I were doing water parks days I would focus more on room & other amenities.

Wyndham Garden is an absolute no for me again. The rooms are shoeboxes and feel like pods stacked. Everything there is quite minimal and I can't imagine staying there for a resort stay.

B Resort, we had about 6 great stays, tower, lanai, pool side ~ all great. It had everything we needed. Rooms are big as it's an old hotel and it has whimsy BUT BUT I haven't stayed in years and recently there have been negative reviews. I would read up well before I risk a resort stay.

DoubleTree Suites is the farthest but not bad. SUITES mean bedroom and living room, kitchenette style. Pool is basic, hotel is basic. The plus is the space you get. Unless you need it I likely would pass.

I have not stayed at Holiday Inn and have not heard anything really bad or really good.

NOW where I would pick is the Drury Inn. One tower is brand new, other tower renovated, most the public spaces are new or renovated. All new pool area. NEW ROOMS is a plus for me.

But here is what you get that for me no big as I'm in the parks most the time but for a resort stay a huge value ...

Enjoy our free hot breakfast, 5:30 Kickback® with evening snacks and cold beverages, free Wi-Fi throughout, several on-site dining options, a resort-style saltwater pool and an arcade - all with no resort fee!

Microwave and fridge in room - so you could bring back leftovers etc from Disney Springs to have later. But the evening kickback is legit dinner food so you could enjoy a big lunch at Disney Springs and a light dinner here, just relaxing or return to Springs for dessert, wandering, listening to music etc.

https://www.druryhotels.com/menu
https://www.druryhotels.com/locations/orlando-fl/drury-plaza-hotel-orlando
I saw a review video of Drury recently and they also have free popcorn from a popcorn machine!

I saw a review video of Drury recently and they also have free popcorn from a popcorn machine!
I cannot tell my son or we would have to stay here and I would have to stop searching. LOL

Thank you to everyone for your experience and suggestions! This trip is a quick in and out and we plan to stay only 3-4 nights. I will start looking into the hotels you suggested later today. I’m trying to keep our costs low as we just replaced all of the flooring in our house 2 months ago. I’m hopeful we can make this trip work!

I cannot tell my son or we would have to stay here and I would have to stop searching. LOL

Thank you to everyone for your experience and suggestions! This trip is a quick in and out and we plan to stay only 3-4 nights. I will start looking into the hotels you suggested later today. I’m trying to keep our costs low as we just replaced all of the flooring in our house 2 months ago. I’m hopeful we can make this trip work!
Here is the video review from AllEars! It is very comprehensive:

Thank you!!!

look at opening a marriott or hilton cc you usually get incentive which covers 2-3 days stay. Those places usually have free breakfast as well.

We just stayed at the Wyndham Garden this past week for 3 nights. It was my mom, my 7 year old daughter, and myself. My daughter and I shared a bed and I wish it was a little bigger as she was on top of me all night. The room was a little on the smaller side but we weren’t in the room much. The walk to DS is super easy and the pool area is great

Attachments

• 30FCBAD7-5234-4BC2-A853-DCE544EAD107.jpeg
    30FCBAD7-5234-4BC2-A853-DCE544EAD107.jpeg
    74.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 130EA7F9-397C-48C1-9CB7-525E2E882103.jpeg
    130EA7F9-397C-48C1-9CB7-525E2E882103.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 4EB6ACB6-FFC0-42FD-9D11-F28F1305C459.jpeg
    4EB6ACB6-FFC0-42FD-9D11-F28F1305C459.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 5CFA64AD-561F-44DE-AC4D-D8B3517F1BBE.jpeg
    5CFA64AD-561F-44DE-AC4D-D8B3517F1BBE.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 18
  • CCE5A225-724B-464D-A1A5-336E5F9D12F9.jpeg
    CCE5A225-724B-464D-A1A5-336E5F9D12F9.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 19

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter