What is your favorite DVC Resort?

1. BWV. It's great to be able to walk back after a day of wining and dining.
2. BLT. It's convenient to MK, the monorail resorts, WL and Fort Wilderness. And it's easy to take the monorail to TTC for a quick ride to Epcot.
3. AKV. Animals, animals and animals. I also like all the restaurants. The architecture is amazing. And I'll never make it to Africa so I love to sit on the balcony and dream I'm on a real savanna.

1. BWV. It's home, plain and simple. I love the electricity of the Boardwalk, it's such a unique resort experience. I love the location between two parks. I love all the dining options in the Epcot resort area. And Jellyrolls is my favorite evening activity at Disney.

2. BLT. Who doesn't love a quick walk to and from MK. I love the views, the monorail and the easy access to all the restaurants on the monorail loop.

3. BCV. Same location pros as BWV with the added plus of Stormalong Bay. Best pool at Disney.

1 - BWV - easy one :)
2 - currently AKV, but i think VGF might change that :goodvibes
3 - SSR

we're still on the fence about BLT...we prefer EPCOT & DHS (it seems MK is always packed), but 2-3 days there is good. we just don't get the same "homey" feeling as at other resorts though.

haven't stayed at any of the non-WDW DVCs; own BWV, BCV, and SSR.

1) VGC - view of Disney's California Adventure, walk to both parks and downtown Disney right out your door, absolutely beautiful everything! Wish we were closer
2) HHI - just heavenly, great cast members, fantastic resort
3) AKV - seeing zebras and giraffes out of my balcony never gets old. Ever.

However - the resort we have stayed at way more than any other is BWV - can't beat the points on a standard view, and the location really is amazing. Just not a big fan of long hallways and the "clown pool" is not my favorite. We have yet to find a DVC resort that wasn't fabulous!

Each trip has it's own unique characteristics so my favorite would be the one I am staying in at that time!

For example, if we drive down with the whole family I prefer SSR, AKV (Kidani) and then OKW. If we fly down as just a couple, then BCV and BWV are the most favorite with BLT, SSR and AKV tying for third.

1) Aulani- Our home resort. I'm an island gal. But, what can I say....I love stay cations here.

2) AKL (Kidani)- We stayed here on our first WDW trip. My boys love the animals!

3) Grand Floridian- Never stayed here; only had character breakfast. Love the
architecture and the feel of it.

Number 3: Grand Californian Villas
Number 2: Animal Kingdom Villas
Number 1: Villas at Wilderness Lodge

OKW-1st DVC love, the reason I bought! The lush landscaping, the tropical feel, the huge living space, we enjoy every stay and can't wait to return!

AKV-Kidani- Loved the animals but I wasn't a fan of the Jambo villa decor and layout! But Kidani changed all that for us, now it's 2nd to OKW. The 3rd bathroom in the 2bd's, the covered parking, the sleeper chair and that beautiful master bath, love it!

BWV/SSR When I can't get OKW or Kidani, these are tied for 3rds!

and honestly, to get the dates that I want, any resort will do! We've tried them all except Aulani , HH and VGF, not a bad one in the lot!

1. BLT- own here, just love the views (particularly Bay Lake side), the theming (have always liked Disney's take on "modern"- see pics below), California Grill (can't wait for the refurb) and the relative proximity to MK and Epcot;

2. OKW- (find it sooooooooo relaxing there and everything just seems so spacious and bright); and

3. HHI- (as someone who lives in the Lowcountry- just think they hit the theming out of the park- and love using it for long weekends or a place to crash after a night on the town in Hilton Head).

1. AKV - love the savanna and the shaded areas by the pool. No other resort has shaded seating areas by the pool.

2. VWL - own here and it still takes my breath away every time I go into the lobby. (I believe that AKV and VWL were designed by the same architect.)

3. OKW - the original and the one that taught Disney how to do it.

I have stayed at all the DVCs at WDW, VGC and VB. Have never been able to get a booking at HHI - looking forward to trying it though.

Aulani is also on my list but in 2 years when my grandchildren are a little older and will remember being there. We live in NY the airfare is a killer - no way to drive there.

Didn't like BLT at all - won't stay there again unless its free.

Wasn't overly impressed by SSR but I do want to try a treehouse one of these days.

I am a resort sampler - try you might like it. That's how I hit on AKV-J.

1. AKV - love the savanna and the shaded areas by the pool. No other resort has shaded seating areas by the pool.

2. VWL - own here and it still takes my breath away every time I go into the lobby. (I believe that AKV and VWL were designed by the same architect.)

3. OKW - the original and the one that taught Disney how to do it.

I have stayed at all the DVCs at WDW, VGC and VB. Have never been able to get a booking at HHI - looking forward to trying it though.

Aulani is also on my list but in 2 years when my grandchildren are a little older and will remember being there. We live in NY the airfare is a killer - no way to drive there.

Didn't like BLT at all - won't stay there again unless its free.

Wasn't overly impressed by SSR but I do want to try a treehouse one of these days.

I am a resort sampler - try you might like it. That's how I hit on AKV-J.

I also can't wait to try all the resorts. We have stayed at many with cash hotel reservations but not at the DVC Villas. Now that we are DVC members, we can't wait to try them all. We are very excited to stay @ VWL & AKL this fall & winter. We are also staying @ BWV & BCV this summer. We stayed at the Contemporary & were not overly impressed-I think we will think the same of BLT plus the point cost is a lot. Thanks for the feedback.

#1 Aulani- love everything about!! A plus was having a screen so we could keep the door open and have an island breeze.
#2 BLT- love walking to MK and watching Wishes from the room.
#3 OKW- relaxing

#1 HHI - The whole reason I bought DVC back in '95
#2 BCV - The pool, walking to Epcot and having The Boardwalk across the way

1) BLT - walking to the MK, watching the monorail, and seeing wishes from your room or TOWL. going to the towl for drinks - Contemp Cafe

2) BCV - walking to Epcot, Cape May Cafe

3) VWL/AKV - both are great for get aways.

now other members of the family
1) Okw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter