What is your favorite park backpack?

Emma Uhall

Earning My Ears
Hello!! My mom, sister and I are planning a trip in August! We’ve been several times but I’m never happy with what backpack I take to the park. Suggestions would be helpful. Amazon funds would be better so I can track them down easier!

What are you planning on carrying? That will determine what size you need or even if you need one and can get away with a small crossbody or fanny pack/sling.

I'm a big fan of the Osprey Hikelite, sizes 18 and 26L; depending on how much you want to carry. It sits high, is lightweight and cinches down really well.

My favorite park bag is actually a lesportsac Ryan diaper bag (messenger bag style), as it has room for 2 water bottles and seems to have an unlimited capacity to hold random stuff. But if I am carrying it (vs my husband) I use my trusted travel ospry backpack because the weight load is more balanced on my shoulders and just clip the water bottles through the handles so they don’t fall out.

Historically I have always used the Jansport Half Pint. It's waterproof and has a lifetime warranty at $25.

That being said, this last trip I saw a lot of loungefly backpacks. Quite honestly, I preferred my boxlunch mini backpack over my most recent loungefly (even though the boxlunch zipper wasn't amazing). Child size klean kanteen water bottles just didn't fit in the sidepocket loungefly version (sleeping beauty) I purchased, but fit just fine in the boxlunch (winnie the pooh) version.

I got the loungefly on sale around $40 and the boxlunch was on sale for $50. Both were more expensive on Amazon over the direct site itself.

Overall I liked that the loungefly bag was smaller, since it fit better on my lap for rides, but I also didn't love that my version had no front pocket, since I was used to that with Jansport.

If you don't have the money to spend, I'd go with Jansport, if you want to spend more money and have DL theming I'd either go with a loungefly or boxlunch, depending on character availability and price.

No pack here :) We actually try to never bring any bags to the parks...but then again, we never spend more than four hours at a time generally, preferring to break back at the hotel in between park stops during our vacay. When our daughter was stroller age, we used the stroller to carry her extra essentials (since we had to have the stroller anyway).

This trip I used a Vera Bradley convertible backpack shoulder bag which easily switches between shoulder bag and back pack with a quick pull on the straps. Loved it! Roomy enough yet not too big. Fit perfectly at my feet for rides as needed.

I always bring 2 bags with me to WDW.

I use an Athleta sling that I love when I don't need to bring too much. I like being able to slide it around to my front so I can wear it on rides instead of always taking it off.

I also use an Adidas Alliance 2 sackpack (this is also what my teen boys each carry) as needed when I need to bring more (like a hoodie or umbrella/poncho). Those are like $15 on Amazon and are pretty sturdy/mostly water resistant.

What are you planning on carrying? That will determine what size you need or even if you need one and can get away with a small crossbody or fanny pack/sling.
Normally I like to carry a water bottle, rain poncho, external, charger wallet, extra sunglasses, hat/ears etc. Nothing too crazy for rope drop to close.

Historically I have always used the Jansport Half Pint. It's waterproof and has a lifetime warranty at $25.

That being said, this last trip I saw a lot of loungefly backpacks. Quite honestly, I preferred my boxlunch mini backpack over my most recent loungefly (even though the boxlunch zipper wasn't amazing). Child size klean kanteen water bottles just didn't fit in the sidepocket loungefly version (sleeping beauty) I purchased, but fit just fine in the boxlunch (winnie the pooh) version.

I got the loungefly on sale around $40 and the boxlunch was on sale for $50. Both were more expensive on Amazon over the direct site itself.

Overall I liked that the loungefly bag was smaller, since it fit better on my lap for rides, but I also didn't love that my version had no front pocket, since I was used to that with Jansport.

If you don't have the money to spend, I'd go with Jansport, if you want to spend more money and have DL theming I'd either go with a loungefly or boxlunch, depending on character availability and price.
The last trip I took my haunted mansion loungefly and it was too small for me. It was also so hot to have on my back. I don’t know if anyone else has has this experience with them but that’s just me.

I used to be a sling bag person but I'm a Loungefly convert, not just because they're cute but they are legitimately the best park bag I've ever tried. Those things hold so much in such a small form factor it’s amazing. The only bad thing is they are kind of a pain to pack in luggage.

I like the Vera Bradley line of crossbody bags for the parks. They feel lighter and the cotton is softer on my neck that traditional nylon straps. That said, I can’t find my Disney hipster crossbody from about 10 years ago and I’m in a panic. The pattern was Midnight with Mickey. It’s my favorite park bag.

I have a Puma sling bag that I like a lot. Not huge but big enough to carry a sweatshirt, drink, and a few snacks. It was also pretty cheap so I can't complain when it wears out.

71rPOG4xoaL._AC_SR736,920_.jpg

https://www.zappos.com/p/puma-rally...tlI0Gu--ySfbaiCt60kgXNxBRId_rVThoCzooQAvD_BwE

Normally I like to carry a water bottle, rain poncho, external, charger wallet, extra sunglasses, hat/ears etc. Nothing too crazy for rope drop to close.
Just about all of that would fit in a sling/fanny pack. You could hang the water bottle off it on a carabiner. I was there in April and was able to fit my charger brick, some cards and a little cash and my water bottle in this water bottle holder.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BGS7JGRT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

My phone was in the pocket of my skort and my hat on my head, sunglasses around my neck. I have to wear reading glasses but I have a pair that have a clip I can clip them to my shirt. I put a disposable poncho in my other pocket. On the days I knew it was going to rain hard, I wore a fanny pack/sling which my rain jacket and charger were in, I hung the water bottle off the strap to the sling. Phone in my pocket again. I've found some great skorts at Academy that have two deep zipper pockets in front and one zipper pocket in back so I don't need to carry a big bag. Maybe once I carried my lounge fly when I wanted to take an umbrella as well as a rain jacket. It doesn't bother me.

Light weight, cheap, holds a ton. Works great. And it's Amazon lol

Like others, we rarely take anything in the park now.

ZOMAKE Ultra Lightweight Packable Backpack 25L - Foldable Hiking Backpacks Water Resistant Small Folding Daypack for Travel https://a.co/d/iDoVlFv

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter