• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite "Scent" at WDW?

Go Ask Mickey Podcast

Goaskmickey.com
What is your favorite all time scent that you actually look forward too when you are visiting WDW? Mine is the smell of the bus fumes as you leave the airport to board your magical express bus that brings you to the resorts. What's yours??

All of the fountains and water attractions. The chemical they use (bromine) has a different smell than chlorine, and it's intoxicating! I call it "Theme Park Water."

A close second would be whatever they use at the Haunted Mansion. I bought a candle from a vendor that supposedly mimics WDW theme park smells; it was close, but not quite the same thing.

Love this question!

I love the humidity smell in the morning, the after rain smell in the morning, Pirates of the Caribbean, Soarin and Spaceship Earth. Ok, the bus fumes too.

:thumbsup2

All of the fountains and water attractions. The chemical they use (bromine) has a different smell than chlorine, and it's intoxicating! I call it "Theme Park Water."

A close second would be whatever they use at the Haunted Mansion. I bought a candle from a vendor that supposedly mimics WDW theme park smells; it was close, but not quite the same thing.
Bromine...... that's some awesome knowledge right there!!! Good to know.

Yeah I've been trying to find some Disney scented candles but no luck yet.

Before you congratulate me on my exhaustive knowledge of chemistry, be aware that I picked up that tidbit through a late-night session of going down the YouTube rabbit hole.

I bought mine from Spireside Candles. Truthfully, I wasn't impressed. They're just OK, and not worth the price, IMHO.

Look up Walter and Rosie Co (Candle company..). They are spot on. I LOVE their Beach Club one. Prices are spot on, too. I might spend too much there...but, it's cheaper than an actual vacation..which I also tend to impulse buy..

One more thing, sorry. They sell out FAST. But, if you follow them on FB, you will get a heads up when they are restocking. And you need to act on it fast. They are crazy good, shipping is fast, and I just love them :)

spaceship earth fake burning smell
orange smell from soarin
water/plant smells from Living with the Land
the smell of the lobby of Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma
the candy smells from main street confectionary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter