What Is Your Favorite Steak Cut

danny1649

<font color=green>Will be wearing some lime green<
Rib-eye,New York Strip,T-Bone,Filet,Top Sirloin,Porter House or other?I like a 32 ounce Rib-eye about 2" thick cooked medium rare.How about you?What's your favorite?What is your favorite side with your steak?MIne would a baked potato with sour cream,bacon and cheese on top.::yes:: :wave2:

Hi Danny! Well, I'm not much of a meat eater, in fact I border on being a vegetarian, so I'm not much good for this question! ;) DH and both DS's are red-blooded American meat-eaters though, so I asked them. DH's favorite is filet, younger DS prefers rib eye. Older DS will eat anything that has stopped mooing :p but prefers filet if given the choice.

For sides, younger DS takes his baked potato like you described - sour cream, bacon, and cheese. Substitute butter for the sour cream, and older DS and DH will be happy.

Me? Just give me a salad, a baked potato with a little salt, and lots of bread! :cool:

My choice would be a filet mignon with a baked potato (must have extra butter). My husband says either a big fat porterhouse done mid rare, or a thick delmonico done the same way. He prefers sauteed mushrooms with his. Of course, he would never turn prime rib down either (does that count? LOL).

I also like a really good Ka-Bob over rice pilaf. Once the juices hit the rice, it makes the rice to die for.

I love a good Porterhouse medium with a tomato salad!!!! And some Bernaise Sauce on the side. Like at Morton's Steakhouse. What am I having tonight - hamburgers, but I can dream!

Danny, we could be in dinner paradise together. I love the marbled, juicy cut that can only be found on a ribeye. No other cut compares. I like mine practically still mooing. The perfect side dish would have to be a baked potato with butter and sour cream. Unfortunately, these are the two items that I am compelled to load with salt.

Great question for we carnivores!

FILET - only cut I'll eat. And I'm choosy about those =) I don't want anything with fat or a bone =)

I also love a loaded baked potato, minus the chives.

And a nice salad to start, with ranch croutons and cheese.

YUMMMMM

I would vote for the DelMonico, which is a Rib-eye cut. too me its the best!
ADP :D

I much prefer New York Strip while DW prefers filet mignon, both should be prepared medium (in steakhouse terms--warm, pink center). Baked potato with butter (I also like chives if available and lots of fresh ground pepper on my potato, but DW will have butter and a bit of salt only). A side of sauteed mushrooms or perhaps some grilled asparagus completes the dinner presentation. A suitable red wine is a must.

Ralph

Yum!
Ribeye, medium with roasted veggies (squash, onions, etc.)

2nd would be a filet, also medium.

DH's top pick is always filet, rare accompanied by baked potatoe with sour cream, butter, pepper.

Ribeye! Cut thin. Medium rare. Just thinking about it is making me hungry. Stuffed mushrooms would be my prefered sidedish. Maybe some asparagus too.

Porterhouse!!
You get the filet and the "regular" cut with a porterhouse.
Plus--dosen't it look like a steak should look???
And at WDW, Shulas and YSH both have excellent porterhouse steaks.

Mmmm...we just ate a Shula's Steakhouse last night, unfortunately in Indianapolis and not in Orlando! My vote is for a filet mignon, medium to medium rare (depends on the restaurant). Start with a Caesar salad with a creamy dressing and sides of asparagus and a baked potato loaded with Land 'O Lakes butter. Must have bread and butter, too! DH also prefers filet mignon and he will tell you his top three filets ever:

1) Palo's on the Disney Magic
2) California Grill
3) Shula's

Notice all are Disney related!?

I love the 23 oz bone-in rib-eye with Vesuvio potatoes at Harry Carey's restaurant in Chicago, with a complimentary side of pasta. My favorite Chicago restaurant, along with Maggianos, Rosebud on Rush and Shaw's Crab House. Ah, to be in the Windy City right now!!!!:wave2:

Porterhouse with creamed spinach for DH and with aspargus for me. We like to start with sliced onion and tomato.

I love Filet Mignot, then Prime Rib, both in-between rare and medium rare. I don't like it raw, but medium is a little too cooked for me. My favorate side is probablly a baked potato with sour cream, cheese, real bacon, and chives. I also like a caesar salad with ranch dressing, I know ranch on a caesar, what can I say!! Let's not forget the bread and the Merlot either. Every meal is a five course for me!!! Well, dinner anyway. Now I'm hungry and all I have in my purse is a slim fast bar!!!

Filet Mignon-Tenderloin. Bacon wrapped dripping in Sauteed' mushrooms. YUM!

Filet cooked medium....with smashed potatoes (what Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse calls them)...yummy garlic-y and buttery potatoes with skins smashed right in...broccoli with butter, and of course warm bread!!!

I was getting hungry reading this thread, and I'm hungrier now thinking of my favorite meal EVER! YUM!! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter