What is your favorite thing at Epcot to do with your kids?

r3ngels

<font color=darkorchid>I am a bit odd! But in a cu
We have been to WDW with kids twice. We have gone to Epcot both times but I don't feel we are getting everything out of it. What to you guys go with your kids at Epcot???
BTW my girls are 7,4 and 2

Thanks for helping plan my trip.

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I think the obvious answers would be the big attractions; Mission: Space (at least with the older three) and Test Track.

One thing we all enjoy and have done at least a couple times on every visit to Epcot is Ice Station Cool.

The entrance leading into the main area is pretty "cool" ;) and who doesn't love free soda?!?!?! Especially on a hot Florida day? Unless its Beverly!!!!

My kids enjoyed the Figment ride, journey into imagination with figment, and after the ride, they have computers set up, sponsored by kodak, and you can take your pic and morph it, and purchase it or send it by email to family/friends, yourself. We emailed all our family, and they got our pics, and it was neat to get home and check your own email. the pics were great too!
Kim

We always purchase an epcot passport, and make a point of it to complete it! Its fun to stop and sit and chat with the people from the different countries. You get to make a craft at each station. The past few years they have had the masks to decorate at each country, which conisided with the tapestry of dreams parade. When we were there this past february they still were doing the masks, but no parade. On our next trip we are going to eat our way around the world with snacks from each country. My daugher is 11 and enjoys trying anything!!

:sunny:

My 10 year old LOVED EPCOT this year. Test Track was her favorite ride there. She made a seed map at The Land (for Flower and Garden festival) and the mask at the Kidcot stations. She really enjoyed going to the different countries and meeting the CMs from those countries at the Kidcot stations.

We paced ourselves and started with Spaceship Earth, Universe of Energy then Test Track then The Land boat ride with lunch at The Land food court. After that we hit Imagination then World Showcase and finished up with Living Seas on our way out of the park.

When in World Showcase the only attractions we did were American Adventure, Maelstrom and El Rio Del Tiempo (Mexico boat ride).

MCMom

Thank you for all your help... keep it coming. Do you guys think spaceship earth and test track is okay for a 7 yr old???

My daughter(3) loved the passport and mask making. We spent so much time doing that, that we skipped a lot of other things. However, we didn't feel like we missed out on anything since we had so much fun watching her interact with the CMs at the stations. It was a very different way to tour EPCOT and we plan on spending a whole day this trip doing the same thing again!

Pammy

Yes, definitely Spaceship Earth and Test Track for a 7 year old. My 5 year old granddaughter did both when I took her down.

My grandchildren 3 and 5 loved the acrobats in China and the Living Statues in Italy.

My kids are 3 and 5 yrs old and they loved the Living Seas. There was all the fish from the nemo movie inside and they loved seeing all different kinds of fish. They also liked the land ride and we did the ice cream social in the Garden Grill and they liked that alot. We all did spaceship earth and they liked it. We never got to Test Track but they did like sending a postcard to peopleback home in the innovations---there is also a room in there with alot of kids computer stuff and they liked playing there.. Actually, I was surprised at how much they really did like.

I think the parts that my two enjoy the most are the countries (although both could and would ride TT as many times as possible - youngest was 8 last trip). This is a scary sounding ride, it took awhile to convince him to ride it the first time, because it sounded more scary than he was in the mood for. However, once he rode, he wanted to get right back on! Maybe prepare the 7yo for the noise being scary but explain the ride in detail (maybe ride it alone first if you haven't been on it before).

We try to catch as many of the performances as possible - the acrobats in China, the juggler in France, Off Kilter in Canada, etc.

If they haven't done the mask or passport, they should try this! Even if they have done it before, each visit is a whole new experience!

Oh! The candy lady in Japan--big, big hit!

The boat ride in Mexico.

The various types of foods - try something they haven't had - maybe the Japanese pavilion with the chef cooking right in front of you?

We also enjoy Living Seas--can spend a while here looking at the fish--Nemo's friends! Also, we have eaten at Coral Reef, which is an entertainment in and of itself!

Great character meetings also! They are more hidden than other parks--you may have to ask someone to direct you there! We have had great interactions there!

Also, if you haven't done the Storybook Breakfast at Epcot I would suggest that as a great way to start the morning for 3 girls (even my two ds's loved this!).

We love Epcot, but it is a park a lot of adults with children don't bother learning about...very unfortunate in my opinion!

with our kids. Last trip I think we did 4 days there. It is so much less crowded and more laid back than the other parks. We have DD4 and DD2 and went during the flower and garden festival. Some of their favorite things:

Princess Breakfast

Lady Bug release at the flower festival- did this 3 times

They had a maze set up and a playground with slides between Morocco and France

Figment- did this multiple times

Living Seas- Nemo and all the fish

The Land- Garden Grille is great for characters and they loved the boat ride and seeing the giant pumpkins etc.

Innoventions - They played on the computers for awhile

Kidcot Stations- They absolutely love coloring a mask and getting stamps and all of the attachments.

Beaches and Cream- Took a 10 minute walk to the boardwalk for ice cream

Fountains- my kids were fascinated by the fountains and got to cool off in several

Drums in Africa- had a good time playing the drums. There is also a story time.

The ride in Mexico- did this as a substitute for IASW. Never crowded.

The characters- We saw Merry Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and the Beast, Snow White, Pinnochio, Jimminy Cricket, Gepetto, Jasmine, Alladin, Genie, and the character bus. The only one we missed was Mulan.

All in all a great time. Mom or dad rode Test Track and Mission Space while the other took the kids around. There is also great dining and adult beverages.

David

My two boys absolutely love the boat ride in Mexico and Spaceship Earth. They also like the video games in Innoventions.

At the United Kingdom there is an improv group called...World Showcase Players...they have some audience participation...my kids absolutely love doing this....It runs a couple of times a day...They locate themselves in the road between the shops right acrossed from the Rose and Crown Pub..

I thought I read somewhere that kids could help bake Nestle Tollhouse cookies in the Land Pavilion. Its probably offered a few times a day. I never did it, but it sounded fun.

Linda

Originally posted by WDWLinda
I thought I read somewhere that kids could help bake Nestle Tollhouse cookies in the Land Pavilion. Its probably offered a few times a day. I never did it, but it sounded fun.

Linda

Yes, my DSs did this. It's called the Junior Chef and it's tucked in the corner of the Land.

DSs had a blast. Each one got a paper chef's hat, then they got to pour ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies, then the CM would take it to the magic oven and voila, they each got chocolate chip cookies and extra chocolate chips. Very entertaining and best of all... FREE!. Not to many people know about this little gem. They offer it every hour I believe from 12:30 to 4:30pm.

At their ages now and let me mention all three are well over 21 we like to stop at the Mexican Cantina for a frozen margarita and rest a bit on our group family vacations...:)

We like to ride Test Track together as a family and the guys all like to go on MS together while I wait with the strollers and babies and the Moms..

:sunny:

Without a doubt, #1 attraction for my 3 kids (now age 9,8,and 4) -- the leapfrog fountains directly outside the exit of Honey I shrunk the Audience. They could stay there for the ENTIRE day trying to catch those flying "blobs" of water! Those are the FIRST thing they mention about EPCOT (which, by the way, is son age 9's favorite park!) They have felt this way since sons made first trip at ages 3 and 2!

As for other stuff "together" -- my kids LOVE Illuminations, which they will tell you is best viewed while eating a funnel cake from the small cart over near America in the World Showcase! They also love eating at Teppanyaki and Garden Grille.

We have done the Kidcot stuff more times than I can count -- each time I think my kids will have grown tired of it -- nope, they always want to make a "new" mask and get all the stamps, add-ons, etc. They still have them in their rooms and can tell you about every detail and where it came from. Priceless!

One last thing we started last trip was the pressed pennies. My sons got pressed penny books -- their goal was to get a penny representing each country. I then found a neat laminated card that had a real "penny" (or close to it) of currency from each country. The card wasn't too pricey -- a few bucks, if I recall. But the boys thought it was neat and it was a real learning experience for them. I think that's what I love about EPCOT... it's not just sheer fantasy or fiction, it's like learning and fantasy combined. There's science, there's technology, there's history, there's geography -- but it's all wonderfully creative and engaging.

I just wanted to thank all of you for your advice... we just got back and had a great trip the girls loved Epcot. They did the fountians, Spaceship Earth, Living Seas... They did the masks and got their passport stamped... We went to the Ice station and the land... we had a great time... Thank you all we can't want to go back.

Lets see - the biggest kid in our family (me) loves to drink his way around the WS - a frozen Marg in Mexico will last until you reach Germany for a brew which will last until you hit France for a sip of wine and then over the bridge to England for a cold Bass ale and then on to Canada . . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter