What is your favorite?

Fort Wilderness. I bring my own Motorhome. It has a larger interior living space than most of the rooms on property, and it's my home away from home. A rolling condo if you like. The sites provide a lot of extra outside room that's yours. All have picnic tables and most sites have a grill. There is a lot of activities at the Fort that you can enjoy. You can have a great vacation without even leaving Fort Wilderness property. It's a Magic Kingdom resort so it's close. just a boat ride away (There's buses as well). Bus transport to all of the other parks. Just a nice place to stay.

Animal Kingdom. 2 resorts in one and some of the best restaurants on property. Nice and secluded from the rest of WDW. Feels like an actual vacation. You can literally place it anywhere in the US and it’d be a top tourist attraction. Especially great for young ones.

Grand Floridian. We love the theming, the location and the lobby. A close second is AKL.

Yacht club, after many stays at all the other deluxe and moderate hotels once we tried YC it’s the only place we want to stay now. Nothing beats SAB for us and combined with the Boardwalk, Crescent lake and close location to Epcot and HS it ticks all our boxes. Second would be Beach Club due to the rooms aren’t as nice, they dont all have balconies and the bus picks up first at YC.

Last edited:
Polynesian for us. Walking into the lobby, the smells, the sound of luau music in the background, tiki torches along the walkway, and Cinderella's castle in the distance. It's just that feeling that we don't get anywhere else.

AKL!! The hotel(s) itself is gorgeous, but add on some of my favorite cast members, the animals, the dining, the grounds - it is top notch. I'm trying out two new resorts this year and admit that I will miss Animal Kingdom - in fact, I'm planning to dine there just to go back for a bit and enjoy it.

Port Orleans French Quarter and/or Riverside. We love the location and the grounds are beautiful. Really doesn't feel like central Florida at all!

Polynesian - We love the location and size of the resort. I think we will be taking a little break though while they are renovating. We are staying at Yacht Club in 2 weeks.

Deluxe - Beach Club - we love Epcot so the location is perfect and the pool is so much fun. Staying at Boardwalk next week and really looking forward to it.

Moderate - POFQ - the small size and charm really does it for me. We love the boats to DS.

Value - Pop Century - love this resort! mainly for the skyliner.

Polynesian! After camping at FW many times as a kid, the Poly was the first hotel we stayed in after my mom got sick of cleaning the camper! Lol. I truly feel like I've been transported to another place when I'm there.

Lately though, we've been staying more often at the Beach Club, which I also love. My daughter is obsessed with the pool and is very disappointed if we don't stay there!

I can't pick just one favorite. However, my favorite at any moment is the one I can score the best deal on. ;)

Beach Club is our favorite. We enjoy the location, the pool bar, the IG access to the WS and our favorite bar, R&C. A recent change for us is liking Saratoga Springs which is totally related to enjoying the Springs bridge that eliminates the need to walk thru all the stores and pops right out at TRex. LOL

Animal Kingdom. 2 resorts in one and some of the best restaurants on property. Nice and secluded from the rest of WDW. Feels like an actual vacation. You can literally place it anywhere in the US and it’d be a top tourist attraction. Especially great for young ones.
100% agree with this! It’s like nothing else on property and is worth the bus journeys to parks for those without a car

Poly to my bones, with GF a very close second and Gran Destino over at Coronado 3rd. Poly is just "home", it has the old school Disney vibe because of its history, gorgeous theming that really makes me feel I'm on vacation. It's laid back but has that energy too, being in the middle of it all. Most beautiful grounds of the resorts imo, we love to just walk around it. Most convenient of the monorail resorts from a transportation standpoint, given the proximity to TTC. The lobby smell, the music, the tiki torches, it all just transports you. I loved Aunty greeting us with a lei (RIP). And it's my favorite food resort, so many wonderful options outside the normal bland American fare you get at most other resorts (except AKL) and if you get tired of it you have fine dining a walk or monorail ride away. Nothing like getting a dole whip and watching fireworks and the EWP from the beach then walking back to the room. There is just nothing else that compares imo.

That said, I did not think any resort could ever match my beloved Poly but I had the most magical stay at the GF for my 40th last summer, truly wonderful. It is up there for me now. Yes it's crazy expensive and not truly luxe for the price, but I adored it and I didn't find it "stuffy" at all, CMs were phenomenal there. I know it must sound strange but I actually prefer the feature pool at the Grand to SAB...I am generally a quiet pool person and found the latter overwhelming and too crowded to really enjoy. I love the Oasis pool at the Poly for that reason too. They are very different resorts but I love them equally (the Poly is "our place" for me and my partner, which is why it gets the edge). Fortunately being next door to one another you get the best of both worlds.

Beach Club Villas, especially during any Festival. Walking distance to Epcot. Walking distance to the Skyliner which really widens my access to eating at other resorts. Although I don't swim, so SAB isn't appealing, I do love sitting in a rocking chair along the porch in the shade by SAB. Access to B&C, without getting wet if it rains. Resting in the Solarium with a good book.

THIS! Granted I haven't stayed at all the Deluxe resorts, but I have stayed at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Yacht Club, and Animal Kingdom Lodge is still by far my favorite resort.

I love all three sit down restaurants, they're amongst the best on Disney property. The resort itself is gorgeous, lots of African art throughout. Staff has always been wonderful. The animals can't be beat, I love to spend time just watching them. I also enjoy talking to the CMs, I will often get into discussions with them about the animals.

My only real complaint with AKL is that I do not care for The Mara at all.

Wilderness Lodge! The theming is my style and so well done, it's one resort where I can spend all day just there. Plus the boat ride over to MK is amazing.

If I want Disney combined with relaxation, then my favorite Deluxes would be WL and AKL...both so beautiful and peaceful. And I love the boat rides at WL. If I'm spending a lot of time at festivals, then I book BWI. If I was just choosing on theme, AKL.

I love POFQ, POR, and CSR and combined I have stayed at them 10 times. If I had to choose, I would say POFQ with the boat to Disney Springs, but more importantly, the one bus stop, as opposed to multiple bus stops at POR, which also has the boat to Disney Springs. If I was just choosing on theme, POR.

As far as Villas, my favorite has always been Copper Creek hands down of the 6 different DVCs I've stayed at over the years.

I haven't stayed at Values.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter