• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your hometown famous for ?

My hometown is also the hometown of Ryan Gosling (although at one point he pretended he wasn't).

Beyond that, it was locally famous for being a very smelly town, due to a paper mill being the largest employer. The mill has since been shut down, so it isn't even known for the smell anymore.

My home town no longer exists. It was known for speed traps and other law enforcement harassment issues, and at one time there was a website for people to vent their frustrations. Eventually it got so bad that a judge revoked whatever had to be revoked to make it cease to exist as a town, which got rid of the law enforcement department. Now it’s just part of the unincorporated county and uses the county sheriffs. It was a very small place.

My home town no longer exists. It was known for speed traps and other law enforcement harassment issues, and at one time there was a website for people to vent their frustrations. Eventually it got so bad that a judge revoked whatever had to be revoked to make it cease to exist as a town, which got rid of the law enforcement department. Now it’s just part of the unincorporated county and uses the county sheriffs. It was a very small place.
Lawtey, FL? (I think that was what the place I'm thinking of was called.)

No, I am from Ohio originally, but Lawtey is certainly a second cousin to my hometown. My hometown was dissolved in 2004, but there are plenty of small towns with similar issues. Patrolling for profit, with a heavy hand, can happen anywhere.
If you ask me, the same thing needs to happen to Lawtey. I hated driving through there, when we used to travel from Tampa to North Carolina.

Where I grew up -- birds (specifically Orioles and Ravens) and food (McCormick spices, steamed crabs, Natty Boh)
Where I live now -- near Civil War battlefields, but as for the town itself, we are surrounded on four sides by state forest, just a small village.

it looks like Jafar30 took what I was going to say beer brats (and thats bratwaurst--not as in a bratty kids like some friends of my cousin from the east coast LOL)
laverne and shirley
happy days
unfortunatly dahmer

this person was not actually in my hometown but very close to it and thats
Liberance

No, I am from Ohio originally, but Lawtey is certainly a second cousin to my hometown. My hometown was dissolved in 2004, but there are plenty of small towns with similar issues. Patrolling for profit, with a heavy hand, can happen anywhere.

New Rome? I got a ticket for a dusty tail light. No Joke. A dusty tail light. And of course they know you're not going to go all the way back to contest it.

If people are genuinely speeding, I have no problem with any town cracking down on it with heavy ticketing. But there are some places that are wayyyy over the line.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter