• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your least favorite household chore?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
I have been cleaning my house this morning and had to do the dreaded task of vacuuming. I hate hate hate vacuuming. I have no problem cleaning bathrooms, toilets, kitchens, laundry, food shopping, paying bills, etc.. But vacuuming is the one thing I absolutely hate doin.

What is your least favorite?

I can do most of the housework but my wife won't let me touch the laundry. Plus she always rearranges the dishes in the dishwasher, for no apparent reason.

Definitely the tub/shower is the worse but as I get older I really dislike doing the floors. Luckily DH is retired and has lots of extra time to help out with these chores!! :teeth:

Taking out the garbage. The smell literally makes me gag, but it's my designated chore so I have to do it.

I live vacuuming. I find it theraputic. I hate straightening up and cleaning in General. Especially the bathroom and the toothbrush chargers. .

Probably folding and putting away laundry. Don't mind cleaning toilets, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, mopping floors or DOING the laundry. But once it's out of drier and in a basket I seriously will procrastinate with folding and putting it away. I don't mind loading dishwasher or even hand washing a few dishes but I also hate emptying the DW (though hate folding/putting away laundry more). Don't mind taking out trash or paying bills or sweeping porches/garage or windexing windows or giving the dog a bath. Don't mind some simple cooking but hate the clean up from cooking and hate a very extensive meal prep with lots of dicing/cutting/measuring/grating/etc and timing out when to do what. Thanksgiving meal is one of the WORST! I always have to make it too and I dread it every year! Another chore I hate is swapping out seasons in my clothes. About to do that this week and likely will procrastinate on that too. Hate it! Not a big fan of putting sheets on the beds. My mom used to wash sheets every week. I will admit I do NOT do that. I'm more once a month. I wash towels weekly though.

But the one chore most often done that I detest most is the folding and putting away laundry. Though I guess I'd rather fold a basket of laundry and put it away than put new sheets on the bed.

Oh, and I DON'T iron. Does anyone anymore? My mom, bless her heart, irons everything. I was just at her house and she had a pile of stuff she was about to iron and I noticed they were shorts and t-shirts (for her upcoming vacation to Aruba). And I was like....'you are going to even iron your shorts and t-shirts!?!?!?!'. Like what? She is 71 and struggling to maintain her house and yard but she makes this unnecessary work for herself.

Oh, and I DON'T iron. Does anyone anymore? My mom, bless her heart, irons everything. I was just at her house and she had a pile of stuff she was about to iron and I noticed they were shorts and t-shirts (for her upcoming vacation to Aruba). And I was like....'you are going to even iron your shorts and t-shirts!?!?!?!'. Like what?
My mother irons jeans. I have no idea why.

My grandmother used to iron her bed sheets and my grandfather's boxers.

I get dressed based on what doesn't have to be ironed each day. lol

My mother irons jeans. I have no idea why.

My grandmother used to iron her bed sheets and my grandfather's boxers.

I get dressed based on what doesn't have to be ironed each day. lol
My DH wears khakis and button downs to work. I wash and dry them and immediately remove from drier and hang. No ironing. But they are Joseph A Banks travel line that doesn't wrinkle much. My mom irons her jeans too. With a crease right down the center. My DS (as teen) loved when she did his once...not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter