• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your most embarrassing/funny Disney story?

Remembered another one.

First trip. Had just visited AK for the day. We were chilling out in our connecting rooms, kids relaxing in one, adults in the other. We were talking about the safari ride, when MIL all of a sudden announces "You know the animals are fake right." Moment of silence, awkward looks, then we busted out laughing. She thought all the animals on Kilimanjaro Safari were fake!!!

Dan

Not that this is funny but my Moms first attempt at driving an EVC nearly ended in disaster.... she went into see Mickey with us and forgot where the break was...went zooming into Mickey and about mowed him over..he landed on top of Mum!! Hubby and I were trying to stifle our laugh while asking Mickey if he was ok....Im sure there are still kids in therapy over it..lol

Not that this is funny but my Moms first attempt at driving an EVC nearly ended in disaster.... she went into see Mickey with us and forgot where the break was...went zooming into Mickey and about mowed him over..he landed on top of Mum!! Hubby and I were trying to stifle our laugh while asking Mickey if he was ok....Im sure there are still kids in therapy over it..lol

Oh my goodness, the same happened with my grandmother! Instead of Mickey, it was my mom... She sacrificed herself to save the others! haha

This is only a little bit funny, but it still brings us joy :)

We were at WL in our room laying around watching TV, getting ready to go to bed. We kept hearing all this racket like someone banging on the wall. We kept thinking it was other guests (perhaps their kids still excited from a day in the parks), and that they'd quiet down soon. It just kept going on and on and we were starting to get irritated.

Finally we realized it was the MK fireworks. We laughed and laughed! We were on our honeymoon, and we were already laughing about being "old" and going to bed so early, then there we were shaking our fists at all the noise. Now, 8 years later, we still shake our fists and laugh at each other whenever we hear fireworks at July 4th and New Years, and when we're at Disney and not watching the show.

Not really funny but otherwise mortifying for a Disney Freak who drinks the Koolaid

My father committed the ultimate Disney Sin on our trip in the fall of 2013. He had to get a scooter for the trip because he was having a bout with sciatica ( Sp?) He is healthy otherwise and really did not like it but it helped with his endurance this trip.

We were all waiting for him to enter the bus at the AKV stop. I could see him talking to the driver and they were motioning about moving the scooter this way and that...so what did Daddy do, while 50 other people were patiently waiting to board....he bent down and manually moved, I mean lifted the scooter up about three inches you could see him lift the scooter and move it. He was trying to hurry and help get it in place. I was horrified, mortified and sooooo embarrased. I could hear a few people gasp when they saw a handicapped person move a heavy scooter. We got on the bus and I grabbed him by the shirt and with teeth clenched I said " Don't freakin touch the scooter when you get it on the bus, DUDE!!" I told him "When you use medical equipment like this there are certain expectations and you could have really hurt yourself!!!" He was just trying to help and hurry but even now DH will say lets see if anyone else lifts their scooter today. Even Mama and DH looked down that entire ride.

Another lesson learned on that trip. Being patient with the handicapped patrons is water off a ducks back to us. I am a nurse and DH is a fireman. We do love Disney for the great steps they make in helping everyone have a good time. So we drop my Mom and Dad off at the WC entrance to the bus waiting at MK to get back to the resort. I was already overly cautious because of the previous instance. I noticed once DH and I got in line to wait there was a guest in a WC waiting in the que like everyone else. The bus came and got my parents but the girl in the WC just waited like everyone else. She got up to a little gate at the end of the que behind the WC entrance and went through to wait in the area for the next bus. I had never even seen or noticed that gate, if I had Daddy would have waited and went through the que like everyone else. Live and Learn.

I was watching the Lion king stage show, sitting in the metal bleachers enjoying the show and when the show was over and everyone was leaving....my foot caught in one of the bleachers and down I went! yup, flat on my face! I was so embarassed! no lasting damage, just felt silly!

If you have ever been to Prime Time, you can probably relate to this story

Everyone in my group was at the Prime Time Café, expecting a waiter with little energy, while referencing "Mom" once in a while. Someone in my group ordered Aunt Liz's Fried Chicken, with collard greens on the side. He was warned that collard greens were awful, and he had to eat them.

So, he ignored the warnings, and covered up his collard greens with a napkin.

Watch what happened next

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The best part was when the waitress dropped a knife into my dad's pants by accident

"Hey, what's this in my pants? Why, it's a knife!"

knife.JPG

When my now grown DD was 4, we took her to tea at the Grand Floridian. My friend and I we chatting away when I see this little hand reach out and grab the tea cozy from the now vacant table next to us. Before I could stop her there is a loud crash and one of their very expensive tea pots goes crashing to the ground in many pieces. The CM acted like it was no big deal, but my friend and I were totally mortified because we were familiar with how much that china cost! :o My DD said she thought cozy was a pillow!

Remembered another one.

First trip. Had just visited AK for the day. We were chilling out in our connecting rooms, kids relaxing in one, adults in the other. We were talking about the safari ride, when MIL all of a sudden announces "You know the animals are fake right." Moment of silence, awkward looks, then we busted out laughing. She thought all the animals on Kilimanjaro Safari were fake!!!

Dan

My niece is the same way. I spent the entire ride telling her that all of the animals were real and then we got to Little Red, back when she was still there. Little Red was so obviously an animatronic that my niece thought I was trying to trick her. Almost 5 years later and she still questions if those animals are all real.

On my choir trip to Disney back in 2013, my friend and I decided to ride Maelstrom. Neither of us had ever been on it, however we knew there was a backwards drop. We really had no idea what the ride was going to be like. So, when the time for the backwards drop came, we freaked out and screamed our heads off, because we hadn't seen it and had no idea how big it was. Well, it was Maelstrom, so it was the itty bittiest backwards drop imaginable. The young boy in front of us, who was maybe 6 or 7, said loudly: "Are you kidding me? That was pathetic!" Needless to say my friend and I were both very embarrassed of the fact that we were actually terrified of Maelstrom and had been chastised by a 6 year old.

Last edited:
I posted this once before years ago on a similar thread, and CPS didn't come looking for me, so here goes...

We had just arrived for our first DVC vacation as owners after a long day of driving. We had developers points that we were using at SSR, and we had never been there before and didn't know the lobby layout at all. Our son, who was about 4 years old at the time, really needed the bathroom, and was getting more desperate by the second as I asked where it was and guided him to it. I rushed him into the bathroom, and he was in such a hurry that he picked up the seat too fast and it fell back down on him. He started shrieking and crying, "Ouch, it hurts! Kiss my p*nis, kiss my p*nis and make it better!" (Never was I sorrier in my life that we had taught him the anatomically correct names for body parts.)

I kept trying to calm him down, but he kept shrieking, "It hurts, kiss my p*nis, Mommy!" with increasing volume. I could hear laughter coming from other stalls. Finally, out of desperation, I blew a kiss at him, and said, "there, you go, all better." Miraculously, it worked, and he calmed down.

And then he walked into the SSR lobby and announced in full 4 year old piercing volume, "Thank you for blowing my p*nis, it is all better." I spent the rest of the day convinced I was going to be dragged off property and questioned by CPS.

I'm dying!!!

I went to WDW with my mom when I was 14 or 15. It was at that time where I discovered just how amazing girls were in the hot Florida sun. One time my mom wanted to grab a snack so she told me to sit at this one table so we had a spot to eat. Before long, three hot girls walked by and sat at another table. I couldn't resist. I had to get my flirt on. A few minutes later my mom is standing there staring at me with a tray full of food and nowhere to sit. I left without phone numbers...

Then there was the time when I was in the park heading over to Soarin'. A kid comes through the door (he's probably 3) and runs right up to me and hugs my leg tight excitedly yelling, "Daddy! Daddy!"....then, realizing that I was not his dad, he begins crying hysterically. I was very grateful when mom saved me from this crying child before someone thought I was doing something to him.

One more I guess: My family once took a girl I was dating with us. I was so boastful about how well I knew the Disney parks. I knew them so well that when she had to go to the bathroom I could always find her the closest one without fail. Well, at one point I was in need of going myself. I remember taking a shortcut through a shop and going around the corner to a bathroom. I went in and found a stall and did my business only to realize that there were a lot of female voices in there....

And before any PPs ask...this was NOT on Tom Sawyer's Island/Ft. Langhorn

We have twin daughters...my husband has joked since they were little that he lives in a world of pink....all girly princess stuff. But....he really has never been interested in all the princessy stuff so for their early years he kinda ignored the princess movies, stuffed dolls, clothing, etc....and hadn't learned their names, etc. He does know that one of the girls' favorite is Belle...and she wears yellow.

We are on our first trip to Disney, at Disneyland for their 50th anniversary. We just got through the gates and they have dozens of characters out to welcome everyone. He grabs daughters hand and hurries her over to a yellow dressed character.....and declares to her very loudly, "Belle, here is your most loyal fan". There is that long slow pause (just like in the movies) as everyone within 100 yards turns to look at him......and the yellow dressed characters holds out her hand to hubby and says in this lovely English accent "Sir, it is so nice to meet a fan, however, my name is Jane". it was Tarzan's Jane and hubby had mistaken her for Belle....but to make it even worse, daughter had slipped her hand out of his moments before and headed off to the REAL Belle..so he was in essence declaring himself the loyal fan...of the wrong character! I had to sit down I was laughing so hard.

Then.....only a few moments later, when he was taking photos of the girls with the REAL Belle......he'd taken enough photos and was waiting while the girls talked with Belle......then suddenly up comes the camera and he points it right at her.....ummmm.....chest. She looks up at him aghast and he stammers something about how beautiful it was100_1010.jpg ......her broach.

I had to go sit down again.

Hmmm....in repeating this tale, perhaps I have discovered the reason that hubby lets us go to WDW but never comes with us?

This was many years ago when my older daughter was four. She had started gymnastics classes a year earlier and was often practicing moves including cartwheels at which she was becoming quite proficient. We were at Magic Kingdom attending to a bathroom break before the afternoon parade. She was at the stage in her young life where she was insisting on going to to the bathroom (and doing a lot of other things) "by myself!" She had on a Cinderella dress that day that came down below her knees. Bathroom break ended and we headed to the parade and got a spot right on the curb on Main Street. The curbs and sidewalks filled fairly quickly and thus the crowd on both sides of the street became large. She got bored waiting for the parade and decided to step out in the street a ways and practice some cartwheels. That is when I, and a large portion of the crowd along Main Street, learned that she had left her underwear in the bathroom.

Last edited:
This isn't funny, but I was embarrassed...

Keep in mind my first and only prior Dis trip was in 1985 when there were two parks and the option to get between them was the monorail and the monorail. So mom and I go in 2011, both adults. We were at GF so for the first day and a half we used the monrail to get to MK and Epcot. Day three we finally encountered buses. We went to AK, then a resort then DTD. No idea about bus protocol. Leaving DTD the couple at the front of the line waited for the doors to open to fold up their stroller and had problems. Instead of stepping aside, they stayed there fighting with each other, struggling with the stroller and blocking the door. No one would go around them either. Several visits later and I still say, be prepared or get out of the way.

Anyway, both bus doors were open the whole time. I now know entering via the middle door is forbidden in Disney, but all our other vacations had involved motorcoaches where you are instructed and expected to use both bus doors to fill up and get moving faster. So mom and I were like, "screw this, we are done waiting on the Bickersons to get it together, let's use the middle door". Even now I still don't see why you can exit that door but not enter through it.

Mom goes in. No prob. I take a step in and the door slams shut on me. It really hurt. I am livid and ready to rip the driver a new one, but before I can say a word, he starts literally shouting angrily at me not to use that door. Other people are around and some jerk is screaming at me. My arm stung from being hit by the door and I am mortified that I, an adult, am being publically scolded by an employee. Ok, I now know I was in the wrong, but there are much nicer ways to address it than to scream at me like that. In retrospect, after many visits, I think I woUld have gotten his name and complained because he was really that awful to me and he really should have looked before closing the door. Forbidden or not, it is always someone's first trip and, as I later saw, the sign saying not to use that door is blocked when they are open. Just as school buses must stop at railroad tracks, Dis drivers should check that door. And he left it open a really long time after the last guest got off, seeming to invite people to use it.

So I am sitting in my seat, arm and feelings burning and ready to cry (which is saying something because I am not a crier, typically I get angry not upset) and wanting to get off at whatever stop came next to escape those who witnessed my apparent unforgiveable crime and its punishment. Mom is telling me to forget it. I look up and there is a tiny little sign, totally not visible when the middle doors are open saying not to enter through them, which switched me to anger because why isn't the sign bigger if it is such an offense and why is it in a spot where the open door obstructs it? I only saw it once on the bus, I need to see it before entry.

Next stop was a waterpark and the driver was incredibly rude to people there who were told by CM at station to use this bus and driver told them they couldn't. Then there were people crossing the lot and he blew the horn at them even though they were walking before he started driving.

Then I didn't know complaints were possible. Now it would be like, Dear Disney, ok I was wrong but he is a total a** and needs retraining or a new job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter