What is your parks frequency on WDW trips?(Survey)

How many park days vs. non-park days do you do for WDW trips?

• All park days! All-go-no-quit

Votes: 94 39.2%
  • More park days than non-park days - that’s why I’m there, right?

Votes: 121 50.4%
  • About 50/50 - I need my rest

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • More non-park days than park days - gotta get my pool time in

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • All non-park days! I just like being in Orlando

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sadiecatie

DIS Veteran
After a conversation with my husband tonight, I’m curious - what is your frequency of parks days/resort days on your WDW trips?

We were talking about our next bigger trip, and I suggested 8 days total with 4 days in the parks. He thinks that’s too many park days. I know this is all very subjective, but I’m just curious about what others do! (Clearly, we like doing a lot of resort/pool days - we usually won’t do 2 park days in a row)

In 2022 we did a 10 day trip with 8-9 park days (6 year old son and DH had two days off, I took the older girls to Universal on one of those days). We did it that way so we wouldn't have to rush through the parks, less park days and we would have been racing to see/get to everything (although turns out we're not that great at taking it slow anyway). This last trip we were there for 8 days (not counting the day we arrived, mid-late afternoon). Every day was a park day, including the day we left. 7 day ticket plus MNSSHP.
A day or two off at Disney during a longer trip? Sure. But longer than that, no thanks. :) If we're there, we want to be in the parks for the most part. A week or longer trip is the only time I'll add some rest. Otherwise, I'd rather have more park days with rest built into most days.

We tend to go hard at Disney and love it! People often tease we would break them if they tried to do Disney with us.

10 night trip with an 8 day pass incl PH+. We go to parks 8 days and WP other day. PH about 75% of the time. As the trip progresses we sleep in more but like to make the very most of our time there then rest once home.

To me, this question really depends on how long your Disney trip is. Example, now that our kids are grown up, we tend to go to Disney every five to seven years. So, when we do go, we tend to stay twelve to fifteen days. If we stay fifteen days and we buy the maximum ten-day ticket, we have down days. If we stay twelve days (one day coming and one day leaving), we go to the parks every day, even if we don't stay the entire day. In my opinion, a Disney trip costs too much to "waste" days.

If I could afford longer trips, I might take a day off. But even on a week long trip, I'll be in the parks every single day (and almost always rope drop). I try to take an afternoon break to nap or go to the pool, but then I'm back at the parks until close. I also always have park hoppers (or AP) and I park hop every day. This includes arrival day (if I get there before 5pm) and the day I leave (if I leave after 3pm). My next trip is the first trip I will drive down since I recently moved much closer. And I'm there for a wedding so we shall see what happens.

Tickets have gotten too expensive. Last trip paid more for 3 day ticket than I used to pay for an annual pass.
We are DVC members and over 20 years later appreciate pools days much more now.

After a conversation with my husband tonight, I’m curious - what is your frequency of parks days/resort days on your WDW trips?

We were talking about our next bigger trip, and I suggested 8 days total with 4 days in the parks. He thinks that’s too many park days. I know this is all very subjective, but I’m just curious about what others do! (Clearly, we like doing a lot of resort/pool days - we usually won’t do 2 park days in a row)
Not 50/50 as your husband has suggested, but for a 6'ish day trip we tend to do a couple of down days either the arrival day, a day in the middle, or the last day.

Lately we've been doing the arrival day (even if early) and hit Downtown Disney, and the last day (pool Downtown Disney restaurants, visit other resorts, etc.). We like the last day as it gives a moment to relax, reflect on the fun, good times, etc. When we don't take the last day, we just feel so rush rush with the late night park push, packing, sleeping, and going home the next day.

In fact, my wife and I have been doing a spa appointment for foot massages on the last day and it...is....heavenly....

We go to a park everyday, but we have three or four shorter trips (4 days usually). We have APs, so we often go to a park for the morning, then a take a break at the resort, then go to a park at night.

I go to Disney World to go to the parks.

If I want to rest, I would be going somewhere else with better food, like the beach and fresh seafood! 😋
SAME!!!! If i wanted to rest, i'd book an all inclusive. My disney schedule is packed...daily parks and park hopping. Im only at the resort to sleep/shower/swim. Although at times i've been known to go crazy and go back to the resort for a quick nap. Also keep in mind i dont travel with small kids. Always adults only.

Maybe 1 pool day. We go to Disney for the parks. If i wanted a more relaxing vacation i would def go elsewhere, like a cruise or the beach. But everyone is different :)

Definitely more park days than non-park days. However, over recent years, our park days have gotten shorter and we enjoy more relaxation outside the parks. Pool time, "balcony" time, Disney Springs..... Some trips we focus more on the dining experiences than the park experiences. Our approach has definitely changed throughout the years. Now if we happen to bring family or friends who are newbies, we'll certainly make sure we do more parks and attractions. But we've never been open-to-close folks.....

More park days, but we go slower now (age does that).
I want to enjoy and I can do that without rushing.
We go 10-14 days, take 2-3 days off from parks....stay at the resort or go to DS.
It works for us.
Usually leave the parks early when it gets more crowded and may or may not go back later.

I go to Disney World to go to the parks.

If I want to rest, I would be going somewhere else with better food, like the beach and fresh seafood! 😋
This. We always stop off in PC Beach to rest for a few days on the way home from WDW.

Depends on how long I'm going. In 2017, we were there from Saturday-Saturday so we purposefully planned a no-park day. We had a 2nd day earmarked for a possible rest day, but ended up adding another day onto our tickets. In 2018, we didn't have a rest day per se, but planned time at the resort (YC) on our Epcot day to utilize the pool. In 2019, we used our MVMCP day as a chance to sleep in and then go around and check out the resort decorations before we went into the party. In 2021, we took time each day to return to the resort (one day it was a nap, another it was pool time) before we returned to the park. I'm not sure what this upcoming trip will look like. Time will tell.

Just adding my own response, since I asked the question :) We tend to do parks every other day, with either 2 or 3 rest days in a week-long trip. Our last trip was Sun-Sat with rest days on Tuesday and Thursday, and we decided that moving forward we should always add an extra rest day in at the end to wind down and end our vacation in a more relaxed way (rather than going from a full park day to a full travel day).

I think our habits are also shaped by the fact that we don't stay on-site (or at least haven't in the past) - we either rent a house with a private pool or stay somewhere with suites and resort amenities (nice pool or water park on-site). Our "down days" aren't just sitting in a hotel room, and we don't buy a package through Disney where we feel we need to squeeze the most out of every day - we buy discounted tickets through the Air Force base ticket office for the number of park days we have planned, and our park days are open to close (we don't hop).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter