• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what is your top three disney restaurantes and why?

The Hollywood Brown Derby--great food, great service, and I just love the "Old Hollywood" theme
Sanaa--food is excellent and different, and awesome views of the animals
Sci Fi--the food is ok, but such a unique dining experience! One of our "must do" restaurants on each trip!

V & A food is fabulous but is just too much. Even my DH who can eat a lot said it was over the top.

We really like Citricos and Jiko. Boma too.

California Grill, the view, impeccable service, fabulous food

Citricos, lovely meal all around

OHana, atmosphere and food

Liberty Tree Tavern, love the Patriot’s Platter

Kona Cafe, breakfast, steak & eggs, tonga toast, enough said

Sunshine Seasons, QS, always fresh and tasty

Sorry can’t just choose 3!!

1. Cape May - love the crab legs and clam
chowder (and most everything else)

2. 'Ohana - love the salad, bread, noodles,
yummy bread pudding - well, actually the
complete meal!!

3. Trails End - love the smoked brisket and
ribs, and laid back dining ambience.

My top three are as follows:
1. Boma - love the different food choices
2. Be Our Guest - the atmosphere, the food, and of course the gray stuff - it is delicious - lol
3. Cape May-We love the buffet there
1. Cinderella's Royal Table: you're in the castle
2. Hoop Dee Doo: great entertainment
3. Yachtsman Steakhouse: great food

It is difficult to say. It constantly changes. There are places we have had great meals at and then also crappy meals at. There are several must do places for my family. And there are a bunch we've only been to once. Several we have still never been to (NYE trip is mostly new places 6/7). We go with many family members frequently so with lots of opinions it can be hard to try new places or give one and done places a second try. I can't really say three favorites. I could list places I liked, places that were just okay to me (would go if others wanted to), places I'd prefer not to go to again (easy category because it's only Marrakesh, Bongos and Tony's). Plus we like the signatures but don't do them often as we prefer more casual (and lower cost) dining.

Maybe I could pick based on location. And this could change after NYE trip and again after March trip (very fluid). Is more like a top 10.

*MK.... LTT lunch

*Epcot....Spice Road (but only been once) and Le Cellier (but haven't be in years, though used to be every trip)

*AK....Yak and Yeti (but also enjoyed Tiffin's lounge food, need to try main restaurant)

*DS...House of Blues (could have been Raglan Road after first visit but second visit was god awful and ruined our impression)

*Boardwalk area...Trattoria Al Forno (but only been once) and Beaches and Cream (for junky comfort food)

*Resorts....Boma breakfast, Sanaa lunch, Jiko dinner.

*Monorail area...Ohana dinner

New places we booked for NYE trip...Crystal Palace, Nine Dragons, the Wave, Kona, 1900 Park Fare, Boathouse.

Last edited:
1. Tiffins: great food and service both times we have eaten there. Theming is beautifully done. Great relaxing break from theme park.

2. Flying fish: outstanding fish and seafood. The plated food is a piece of art. Location on the Boardwalk is extra special.

3. Be our Guest: theming is spot on, food is good and consistent. It’s the only place you can feel totally immersed in a movie. We can never miss this one!

:dogdance: By the way these three are on our reservation list for May 2018:dogdance:

Here's our top 3:(we eat at these three places every trip)

#1. Narcoosees - always our best meal at WDW. DH loves the filet mignon there and I love the steamed lobster.

#2. Coral Reef - my husband is an aquarium nut so we love the setting. Our kids always love the max & cheese there and the pasta with shrimp I had there was really excellent. They did get rid of my favorite appetizer , the grilled octopus with potota salad.

#3 Tie

Le cellier would get my vote however my kids would vote for ;

#Be our guest - although the food here is not as strong as 1,2, the lamb dish is very delicious and they get points for ambiance.

1 - California Grill: I had a birthday dinner here with a viewing of fireworks. The food was amazing, the scenery unparalleled, the staff were very friendly and it was just a first-class experience all around.

2 - Garden Grill: This was mainly about the characters as you get to spend so much time with them. We must have seen each character (Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale) four or five times which was so much better than any other character dining we'd had before. The food was also great for us as while it was "plain", many in our family can't cope with spicy food so it was ideal in that regard and still tasted good.

3 - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater: I wanted to eat there since I was kid as it sounded so cool, and I'm please to say that we finally did it on our last trip and that it was well worth the wait. The car tables are awesome, the food and atmosphere were good, the waiter was very friendly and made good recommendations. My only minor suggestion for improvement would be to have a longer movie reel as it can get a bit irritating to see the same clips three or four times during the meal. They could even show a Sci-Fi movie during the meal, maybe the original Star Wars to match the retro atmosphere.

The Boathouse and Le Cellier would round out my top 5.

They could even show a Sci-Fi movie during the meal, maybe the original Star Wars to match the retro atmosphere.
Star Wars would seem out of place in here. It would need to be an old cheesy sci-fi. Maybe even Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman, as presented in the current reel.

But, our top 3 (so far) are:
Sci-Fi Dine In
Be Our Guest (atmosphere)
Ragland Road

Looking forward to trying Biergarten and Cinderella's Royal Table next month.

1-Via Napoli. For the food, not the service
2-La Hacienda. For food, drinks,and service
3-Changes from trip to trip. Last trip we stayed at POR and had a wonderful dinner at Boatwrights.

1. I have eaten at Restaurant Marrakesh on every single trip. Sometimes, I try to get the fam to swap for something new, but nope. Must be the belly dancer and the pastries.

2. Sunshine Seasons. I know it's QS, but so many choices, and so fresh!

3. Boma for food, Crystal Palace for "Disney experience" (in the MK, Pooh, etc.)

4. Honorable mention - Ohana dinner. It's the bread pudding I can't do. It's a texture thing.

Tiffins - best food and service on site. IMHO.
Via Napoli - I think about this pizza when I have pizza at home and wish I was there. Love talking to the servers, too!
Narcoosee's - lovely view, nice meal. Great way to end the day.

I also am very grateful for Jungle Skipper - table service and liquor in MK. Thanks to whoever thought of this.

Wow i am so out of touch!!
So many new restaurants
Asia, tiffins , canteen , multiple new downtown Disney places to try!!

My favs
Flying fish... love that potato wrapped snapper and when they did the combo with the steak... perfection!

Boma. Always dinner but I had a bread pudding at breakfast with ithink a caramel or vanilla sauce that was life changing:-)

Tied for fun
Whispering canyon .... gotta love asking for a x large water and xtra ketchup!!

Biergarten. Pure Disney fun with music and dancing and the food ain’t bad;-)

Kerri

Hmm, it probably changes every time I go. But right now:
1) San Angel Inn
2) Rose & Crown
3) maybe Maya Grill or else LTT lunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter