What items have you noticed have gone missing in stores recently?

Other than 32oz bottles of Gatorade, which Walmart has been out of for awhile. Everything else seems to be hit & miss. One week the store is out of something but they have it in stock then next week.

Well, I did have to go to four stores two weeks ago to find whole chocolate milk. Plenty of low fat chocolate milk, but that may be due to the fact that whole chocolate milk is a relatively new product that is being heavily promoted by the dairy that started making it.
The cream cheese shortage was given credence in December when Kraft offered money to people to not make cheese cake for Christmas, but I checked every week since then and all the slots at both stores I go to were full of both Kraft and store brand cream cheese.

The cream cheese shortage was largely due to a ransomware attack at one of the major production plants in Wisconsin and not necessarily supply chain related.

I haven’t been able to find Crispix cereal for MONTHS.

low salt deli turkey has been MIA for a while now. Our cat food brand is also MIA- out of stock everywhere, along with many other pet foods.

Nothing that I shop for has been missing...fully stocked on everything I need.

Canned cinnamon rolls have been missing from our area (central Pennsylvania) for 3 months now…this week there were no jalapeño peppers, radishes and diet cranberry juice.
Cinnamon Rolls...like the Pillsbury refrigerated kind. Haven't seen them in any store in weeks - probably since before Christmas. I don'tget them often, but was looking for some a whileago and was shocked when there were none, so since then I'vebeen looking at every storeI go to and nothing...odd.

Have you tried Aldi for Cinnamon rolls? Just got a bunch this week....made them this morning. 👍

Barley and orzo. I like using these to make soup all winter and the store has been out the last three weeks. I'm going to try orecchiette pasta next time if I can't find what I usually use.

Lots of other things missing or low inventory but it changes every week.

The cream cheese shortage was largely due to a ransomware attack at one of the major production plants in Wisconsin and not necessarily supply chain related.
That makes sense. Kraft has two huge cream cheese processing plants here in California.

Frozen onion rings of any brand. We haven't been able to find them for months!

Frozen onion rings of any brand. We haven't been able to find them for months!
Some of the local fast food outlets around here (chicago area) had no supply a while back but that seems to be over.

Our area - Southern Illinois - we had a shortage of regular Fritos for more than a month. And the Saltines section was empty - all brands. And I could not find Cran Pineapple Juice. But one day I got lucky and all three were available after weeks of not being anywhere.

We mainly do curbside pickup but I can tell you that 3 different stores
over the past several weeks have allowed me to put chicken (fresh breast/thighs)
in my cart but each store, each time, had NONE for my shopper to get.

Also, Canada Dry Gingerale has been like gold (even for delivery from WM, etc.)
over the last year and a half.

We keep frozen dinners on hand and I now have to order at least 12 every 2 weeks
for DH because lately they've only had about 5 of those 12 in stock (different brands, etc.).

My 83 yr old mother tonight was talking about her fear of America being like this.
It is frightening for the older generation that lived through so much
to see this all taking place.
But, we're not alone - most other first world nations have the same issues.
America is simply HUGE (geographically) compared to them so it seems worse here.

Bottled spring water, red sweet potatoes, some sausages, plastic tableware, some frozen veggies. Paper products- TP, napkins, paper towels, paper plates. All of these are intermittent.

Caffeine Free Regular Coke, although I have seen it occasionally in 2L bottles, I haven't been able to find cans of it anywhere. As someone very sensitive to caffeine, I sure hope it's not permanently discontinued. I've started drinking Caffeine Free Coke Zero which isn't a bad alternative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter