What kind of candy are you giving out for Halloween?

Nothing this year, I have to work until 7:30 pm and Ds doesn't know if he'll be home. Usually I just get the fun sized candy bar assortment.

My neighborhood is very popular for parents to bring their kids from outside the neighborhood since it is very walkable and many of the surrounding homes are not in a neighborhood but just along an unwalkable road.

The folks nearer the front often see as many as 1000 kids. I am tucked off to one side near the middle and only see about 300-400 kids.

Most every year someone complains about how many kids their were the year before and suggest not allowing people from outside the neighborhood to trick or treat. They want to hire a security guard and not allow anyone but owners to enter the neighborhood. When that is shot down they suggest issuing wrist bands to the owners kids.

They want to get good candy for the neighborhood kids and less desirable candy for the visitors, specifically Dum Dums.

The post on Facebook is always so entertaining.

This year was one with the classic what days is Halloween? There is always someone who wants to move Halloween to Friday or Saturday, especially when it falls on Sunday.

As to the question I have bought several mixed bags with sour patch kids and similar and snickers and similar.

We don't get more than about 30 kids lately for I am on my way to Costco to buy a case of full size Hershey Bars. I can't trust myself to buy them any earlier than this week....I'd eat them all.

And none of that crap from New England Confectionery Company: Necco wafers, Mary Janes, Bit o Honey, etc.

my mom is from New England the her favorite candy is Necco wafers! Not going to lie....I like them too but they can't compare to anything chocolate. And my name is Mary Jane so I always wanted to get those as a kid.

MJ

We bought four variety bags with different types of chocolate and non chocolate candy. I'll need to go buy more. As were put them in baggies and just hand each kid one of those. I know there are Twix, PB cups, Kit Kats, Jolly Ranchers and Laffy Taffy.

However we ran out of candy before we filled all the bags so I need to go buy more. I sometimes also hand out individual bags of chips (Goldfish for the toddlers). I'm not sure about that as last year we had more kids than expected and this gets expensive.

Who remembers getting apples with coins in them growing up? (Till the razor blades ruined it for everyone.)

One of the cities I lived in didn't have the issue of apples with razor blades, it was Mary Jane candies with razors. There was another candy that had LSD on something within the wrapper...which sadly would've been chalked up to urban legend except there were candies found with these items in my childhood.

Now, the killer clown thing....that was a whole other thing...

I bought so many bags of candy. I really hope we get our usual amount of trick or treaters. It all depends on the weather as to how many venture out. This year the local cities have done a lot of trunk or treat events, so that may affect how many show up.

I bought all fun size - Snickers, Halloween edition Hershey's bars, pumpkin-shaped Reese's cups, caramel apple suckers, M&Ms peanut and plain. I also bought Heath bars, but my son and I ate the entire bag in the last month (yikes).

This year we're giving out full size Hershey's bars because we only get a few trick-or-treaters, mainly little ones before it gets dark. Trick-or-Treat is only allowed until 7p.m. this year too. We figure three boxes of six should be enough, but if not we have a huge bag of mixed candy for any extra kids. I doubt we'll even use up all of the candy bars.

We usually get about 10 kids, but a lot of new families have moved in the last 2 years.

We are giving out full size - an assortment of M&ms, Hersheys, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Nerd Ropes, etc. and the mini bags of Booberry, Count chacula, and Frankenberry. We’ll give one candy and one cereal.

Who remembers getting apples with coins in them growing up? (Till the razor blades ruined it for everyone.)

I remember getting apples with coins in them. Also small stacks of pennies (5?) rolled up in foil.

I give full size bars (I have the Hershey mix of Kit Kat, Reese’s and Hershey/Almond bars) and the Mars mix (Baby Ruth, Snickers, 3 Musketeers and Milky Way) but also have some alternative choices as not everyone is a candy lover. This year it is Cheez It’s and Oreo cookie packs. But chips have been very popular in the past too. My son would have loved to get some Muddy Buddies!

I always have both a chocolates and non-chocolates option. Snickers/Milky Way/Twix in option one and Starburst/Skittles/Smarties in option two.

This year was one with the classic what days is Halloween? There is always someone who wants to move Halloween to Friday or Saturday, especially when it falls on Sunday.

This is always brought up by someone in our neighborhood, too. And always shut down by someone asking if they want to move July 4th, too. Haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter