• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What kind of Hat do you wear to WDW in June?

Poohbear123

<font color=CCCC00>Will travel without lipstick<br
I know it will probably have a Disney Logo on it:D but what type is it? Baseball, Sun hat, etc. I usually do NOT wear a hat, but I know I will need one in JUNE! Thanks.:D

It is from Watership Trading Companie, called the Vineyard Haven. It is NOT cheap, but it has a lifetime guarantee. Here is a photo: http://www.watership.com/watership/vineyardsummer.html

I paid $48 for it at REI, in the blocker fabric, and I was really wondering if I was crazy for spending that much, but a week at WDW proved it was worth it. It crushes, folds, gets wet, etc., but always comes back to its original shape right away. The brim is very wide, about 3", and the brim is interlined with light foam, so that the hat will float if it goes into a body of water. It has a nice long chin strap, so you can let it hang down in back when you go indoors, or toggle it up tight on rides. It looks good on both men and women, and my 4 yo even likes to wear it when the sun is bad, though of course, it is way too big for him. (He puts it on and naps under it!)

I had real problems with getting headaches and scalp burns in the summer, but this hat has made a huge difference for me.

That is a great looking hat! I don't like to have a hat on the top of my head, but definitely need the shade over my eyes in the summer, so I wear the visors that slip on - have really good ones that are padded on the inside rim so they stay on, but don't fit so tight that they hurt my head by the end of the day. They are also easy to slip off and stick in my bag while I'm on rides.

I spend some $$ on the hat I wore at WDW. It was a crushable double weave straw hat in the Fadora style,with a 3" curled brim. I paid $25.00 for it. I did wish the brim was wider. It worked well and I still had a cool head.

In June I wore a baseball hat that I bought the first day in WDW

I wore a crushable straw hat the didn't give me hat head too badly. It did the trick for hair color and face.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter