What Kind of Shoes?

Allow me to play the role of devil's advocate here. If you are young and fit, I would try running in your current shoes first. Why? Because you may find that you hate running and I never suggest that folks run when they hate it.

My advice - give yourself a month or two in your current shoes. If you find that you enjoy running, go get fitted.
As so often happens, I'm going to agree with @BuckeyeBama here. And I'll also add that I firmly believe the best shoes for any person are the ones that feel best to that person - the fitting experts don't always get it right. So yeah, I'd totally go for a few runs in the shoes you have and see how they feel to you. If you come away with pain or feel like the shoes aren't supportive enough or are getting in the way of your movement, then it's definitely time to look at other options. But you may find what you have works perfectly well for you.

I suppose part of my question is if it is even worth it to spend the money on a good pair of running shoes if my current Nikes aren't giving me any trouble

Yes, you still should go! I thought my Nike's were fine too when I started running. Then I got fitted. Now I can't stand running in my Nike's - the difference is night and day.

None of us can tell you - you really need to go to a local running store and have them look at your gait to determine best shoes for you. Don't go to a big box store - go to specialized running store.
Yes, this! I think this is so important. I wear Hoka and NEVER In a million years would have picked them out for myself as I think they are kind of ugly. I am on my second pair because they feel good and work well for my ankles and shin splints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter