What kind of Teva's do you have??

nelle

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for some Teva sandel's for our next trip, which is very soon. Are there any certain kind that you like? They're not the most attractive sandel but if they are comfortable I'll forgo the looks ;) . I'm looking for women's and kid's.
Thanks for the help.

I don't have Tevas. Instead I have Nike sandals which in my opinion are a lot more comfortable. Even some friends that are Teva wearers like mine better.

I have the leather "Pretty Rugged" style. When I was buying them, I wasn't sure which ones were best for walking around WDW. The Pretty Ruggeds are part of Teva's "Nomadic" line described as ones for casual walking. They also have a "Terrain" line which is supposed to be for serious walkers/hikers. I liked the look and feel of the "Pretty Ruggeds" better than the ones in the "Terrain" line, so I called Teva and talked to a customer service rep who assured me that the "Pretty Ruggeds" would be fine for WDW. I was not disappointed. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and better yet, this was the first trip that I didn't need moleskin.

I have a pair of the Teva Circuits in Chocolate. I got them 3 years ago and although there still in pretty good shape I just ordered another pair. I wanted a shoe that has a strap behind the heel as well as one around the ankle. I used to wear shoes to WDW but since I bought these I only wear them. My feet don't get tired and stay much cooler.

My feet are extremely sensitive. I get blisters at the drop of a hat but I have had no problem with these. I believe the heel strap allows me to customize how my foot rests so my toes or heel don't rub.

Lulu,

I tried on the leather "Pretty Rugged" Tevas last night at REI, but haven't purchased them yet. They felt comfy, but my concern is we are leaving for our trip next week (May 2) which means I won't have time to break them in. Would you buy them anyway and "break them in" while at WDW? Or am I asking for trouble?

I just found out that the leathers can also get wet (thought only the nylon sandals were water sandals). Do you have experience with your leathers gettting wet...drying time... etc?

Thanks for any help!

I barely had any time to break mine in (maybe wore them twice) and they were fine. As far as getting wet, we had a couple of days of rain where they got wet and dried very fast. (Unlike tennis shoes...used the lamps by the beds at BWI as shoe dryers? LOL! My tennis were the lamp shades.)

I just got my Teva Stratums a few weeks ago and I love them! I have been wearing them alot to break them in for summer and our WDW trip in the fall. They are really comfortable, and are good in water. They are usually $60, but I got them for $19.95 at www.sierratradingpost.com. The price has gone up in the last few weeks (I guess because summer is approaching), and they are now $24.95 on that site.

I have two pairs of the Roma style of Tevas. After I hurt both my feet in a fall these were the only shoes that gave me the support I needed. I just bought a pair of the Pretty Rugged style for my cruise next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter