What kind of waist pack do you use?

R4Suns

Earning My Ears
I have read through all kinds of posts about waist packs. And have not gotten the "exact" info I need....

So my question to you veterans is: What kind of waist pack do you use that has 1 holder for a water bottle on it? I already bought the Coleman for my 2 little guys and now I need 4 more for DH, my older DS's and myself. I want them to be able to carry their snacks, pins, ball caps and rain ponchos in them. No big heavy stuff.

I guess I should mention that I dont want to go broke buying these either...

Thanks,
:wave:

I saw some at Target recently that had a water bottle and a large pocket on either side ($15 or $20?). I don't think you could stuff a ball cap into one, but why not slide the strap of the cap through the strap of the fannypack?

I got a couple of fanny packs at WalMart for $5.96 each. They do not have a water bottle holder, but I liked them. If you wanted to, I'm sure you could put a small water bottle in the main pocket. They had a large main pocket, a smaller pocket on the front (perfect size for sunglasses), and a pocket against your body (where I usually keep money, credit cards, etc.) They are made by Eastsport and came in black, navy, and hunter green. I found them by the purse aisle.

R4Suns,

Try a local sports shop. We went to the Sports Authority here in Maryland. Found quite a few bottle holding fanny packs for under 20 bucks. I happen to carry around a lowenpro camera pack (fits a small video camera in it as well as snacks and stuff), fits well round my waist and is water resistant. I manage to hang some stuff of it sides with drings and the likes. It has a shoulder strap also for when you need a break.

Hope that helps a bit!

:bounce:

I bought the kids fanny packs with bottle holders the first year we went to WDW ('97) and ended up not using them again. It just seemed like there were times they wanted/needed fanny packs without water bottles, or vice versa.

Now they have different fanny packs, and my DD (almost 13) prefers to carry a shoulder bag that she can wear diagonally over her shoulder. Then we all (except DH) have Brita water bottles that we carry with the WDW straps. There are 4 of us with Brita bottles, and we have a strap from each of the parks, so at a glance we can tell whose is whose.

Here's a link to the thread about the best fanny pack I've found in my 4 year quest. :D

http://64.225.125.24/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48326

Are the Disney water bottle straps available anywhere else beside the parks? Like the Disney store?

I like the idea of having the four different straps so you can tell them apart, but if I have to wait and get them at the parks, they won't be of any use till our next trip.

When I was looking, I checked at the Disney store, and they didn't have them. As far as I know, you can only get them at the parks. Maybe call that Merchandising phone number??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter