What Laundry Detergent is your favorite and do you line dry your clothes to save money

Of course it has but I still haven't opted in to regular food shopping online either;).
I enjoy shopping for whatever (except clothing oddly enough) out in the streets where the sun is shining, my legs and arms are getting a workout and I can see people.
Idiosyncratic but there you are:).

Generally shop brick and mortar myself -- complete with celestial objects in the sky, muscles functioning to task and undertaking interactions with fellow humans. Nonetheless, if I have a need for something and cannot endeavor to purchase the requisite item despite the best efforts of my arms and legs I'm not above tapping a few keys to resolve my dilemma.

We have sensitivity issues here, too. So we always use a "free and clear" detergent. All Free & Clear is my favorite, but I have switched to Tide pods now that you can get them in their 'free & clear' variety. My teens do their own laundry and they were using way too much liquid detergent, despite multiple "lessons." Pods seem to be saving us money because they don't waste them.

DH is allergic to practically anything that grows, so we never dry outdoors (and aren't allowed to have an outdoor clothes line). However, I have a clothes line strung on the ceiling of the utility room in our basement. I generally just hang my jeans to dry. Everything else goes in the dryer. I check labels before I buy things. If it can't be 'tumbled dry low' then it stays on the rack!

Generally shop brick and mortar myself -- complete with celestial objects in the sky, muscles functioning to task and undertaking interactions with fellow humans. Nonetheless, if I have a need for something and cannot endeavor to purchase the requisite item despite the best efforts of my arms and legs I'm not above tapping a few keys to resolve my dilemma.
Washing soda and borax have similar cleaning properties (but washing soda is stronger) so generally it's easy enough for me to use one or the other.
Glad you have moon in the 7th house moments in your life.

I use All or Tide depending on sales (always the free & clear varieties). No line drying would be allowed in my neighborhood. DH and I both work, so I'm not sure line drying outside would work in GA anyhow with random thunderstorms, wildlife, pollen, etc.
I do air dry clothes that say not to dry.

Line drying our clothes make them last forever and the colors never fade.

I'm loyal to Cheer with Colorguard for the same reason. I've used it for well over a decade and my cotton clothes, which are notorious for fading, have not faded.

I hang dry most of my clothes that I care about, as the dryer can also fade clothes as well as shrink them. I accidentally dried a cotton T-shirt I had for years. I had another of the same T-shirt. They were usually washed together and both lined dried. So they both were the same color. But the T-shirt that accidentally went in the dryer that one time came out faded. It was noticeable. :headache:

Another product I also use with every load is Febreze In Wash odor eliminator. Instead of spraying each item with Febreze, this is the washing machine version. I pour about 2-1/2 capfuls in each wash, front loader, along with the detergent. It really does eliminate stinky/sweat odor, not just mask them. :thumbsup2 Unfortunately, it has it's own strong perfumey scent. But, that's preferable to a lingering sweat odor.

3c478649-d922-44c0-a288-a0ddbaec2d6c_1.595e1a070a06621fb70c233950b595c3.jpeg

All free and clear......I despise scented detergent. And no.....don’t have time to hang out.

DW hangs some things out on the clothesline but I never do. I doubt it saves more than a few dollars per month; she just likes some things line dried.

Mostly we use Tide, sometimes Gain, or whatever else she decides to buy. Pods for full loads, a bit of liquid for smaller loads.

DW hangs some things out on the clothesline but I never do. I doubt it saves more than a few dollars per month; she just likes some things line dried.

Mostly we use Tide, sometimes Gain, or whatever else she decides to buy. Pods for full loads, a bit of liquid for smaller loads.

I used to have a roof garden atop a brownstone and enjoyed walking through the lines of drying clothes:).
Can't do that anymore but it's a fine memory.
I guess I'm saving by not using a dryer but if money saving was my goal it would be more about the longevity of the actual fabrics than cost of utility. I was raised by 2 generations affected by the Depression and guess it stuck more with me than my children.

Whatever Free & clear is on sale at Costco. Ever since I was pregnant, I got really sensitive to scented laundry detergent and it made me nauseous. I stuck with using it.

I used to use whatever was on sale, other than Tide. Stepson is sensitive to Tide original. Then I started using Tide Simply....shortly after they eliminated my favorite scent of it, of course. So I alternated between sale items again for a while. Recently we got a Sam’s Club membership and I got a HUGE bottle of Persil for $20...and I’ll never be switching back. I can use the tiniest amount and our clothes not only smell amazing, but they are definitely much cleaner. Sold!!

We have used purex for years. I use to line dry when the kids were little. I loved how they smelled. As the kids got older and I started working more I just didn’t have time to line dry.

As an Australian, it always amazes me that in the US everyone seems to use driers almost exclusively. In Australia it would be a very rare occurance that a house on a block of land wouldn’t have some sort of clothesline. Even small blocks of land will pretty much have a small fold down version mounted on a wall / fence.

I’d be lost without my clothesline - pretty much the only things I use the drier for are our bath towels.

Arm And Hammer. No clothesline at my house and based on how my yard is (kind of funky and hilly) not a good spot to really put one. I use the dryer for some things and a drying rack for others. I also hand wash things that are more delicate rather than machine wash.

I always used whatever was on sale, but my new husband is a Tide snob. I don't hang laundry out, my allergist advised against it because of the pollen that would be on the clothes. I also wash in cold water, the dryer is where the germs die.

I hang quite a bit of stuff to dry on a line directly above my laundry pair (on hangers). I wish we would go back to line drying. It saves so much energy! Our German exchange student told me that most homes their do not even have a dryer, so things get hung. She knows of one family with a dryer, but they use it only when they "need" something quicker than the 2 days allocated to line drying.

Things definitely last longer when hung to dry vs. dryer. I have a collection of camisoles which SAY "tumble dry low" on them, so I do. But, then I switched over to line drying. The difference is night and day. They are lasting quite a bit longer.

Tide and I hang everything but towels and underwear outside to dry. I love the smell of clothes that dry outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter