What meals do you mostly book?

What time do you book most of the ADRs for?

• Mostly breakfast

• Mostly lunch

• Mostly dinner

• A mix of all three

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneySarah80

DIS Veteran
For my party, I've only booked dinners with one breakfast on our last day. My thinking is its a waiste of time going for a big breakfast in the morning (missing rope drop which is essential) or in the afternoon for lunch - when little ones should be back at the resort resting for the night time touring.

What do you guys think??

We do the same thing. We only book dinners. I only book for breakfast if we are going to a character breakfast. I have booked lunches before but not that often -- usually only book a lunch if we can't get into a particular place for dinner. My family likes to go back to the resort in the afternoons as well to prepare for the long night ahead!

We do a mix.

Breakfasts are good because little ones are rested at that time. Also, we prefer the food at the character breakfasts over the food at the lunch/dinner buffets. Also, we can manage to get to a breakfast without having it feel like we had to "plan" the meal into our day.

Lunches are good for those places where we enjoy the atmosphere but we dislike the dinner menus (Sci Fi, Rose & Crown come to mind).

Dinners are good because there are several restaurants that are only open in the evening.

I only book one meal a day or every other day. We have gone to WDW many times and we hate having a schedule.

Mostly lunch...........like the sit down break in the day. Relax and get plenty of drink refills.

Some dinners, like 'Ohana that is not available for lunch.

Breakfast rarely....but I do really like Boma, so once in awhile. We usually eat breakfast in the room before heading out.

We pretty much exclusively book dinners. The only exception to this is if we decide to do a character breakfast; which has become rare as our DS is getting older. We generally eat b'fast at the hotel. Lunch is usually counter service at one of the parks; followed by a nice, sit down dinner; either in the parks or at one of the hotels. :)

Doug

Since we don't use the dining plan and we don't do character meals or buffets, it makes it pretty easy for us to make reservations for any combination of all three meals. So, really, we just book depending on where we plan on being that day and if we have any additional plans that might get in the way of a reservation.

That could mean that we only do a sit-down dinner, or it could mean that we have a reservation for all three. In any case, we like a nice seated meal, so we're not shy about booking one at any time of the day, so long as it makes sense.

We like doing either late breakfasts (10-ish) or late lunches (2-ish). We pay OOP and get the most bang for our buck with these two meals. With a late breakfast we can have a quick bite to eat at the condo, hit rope drop and have a meal that can serve as an early lunch (we only do breakfast if it's a character meal). With a late lunch we beat the crazy lunch time rush, have our meal and then leave the park for our midday break.

We have done mostly dinners in the past...tons and 1 breakfast and 2 lunches. We don't waste our time and money on TS breakfast, but would like to start doing more TS lunches and CS for dinner.

So far its all character breakfasts. We don't like to plan our day around food at this point- our boys are FULL of energy and a real sit down is stressfull!

We do mostly dinners.

We do one TS breakfast (on our depature day)--and a few lunches, but mostly dinners.

I only book dinners. We typically do CS for lunch. We always have TS for dinner. So those are always booked as soon as I am able to do so.

We pretty much do breakfast and dinner ADR's. Last trip we did lunch at Le Cellier, but that was our only lunch reservation. We were there 5 days/4 nights. Had 2 breakfast and 3 dinner reservations. Wanted 3 breakfast ADR's, but couldn't get in to Akershus.

I voted 'other'. We really prefer TS restaurants. There are very few CS that we like. We are also not breakfast eaters, so we usually round up with two TS/day. We book the first available lunch slot, then dinner around 7:00pm.

I rather do dinner b/c it is nice to seat down and let someone else serve while we talk about the day and plan the next. It's a relaxing way to end the day. However, DS7 requested a few adrs and they are early morning character meals. Specifically, Crystal Palace and Tusker House. We are on regular Dining Plan so I'm planning to pay those OOP since they are relatively cheap. I thought about upgrading to DxDP but those seem way too much food for us.

We typically book TS for lunch. Especially when we get to the parks early, we like to have an early lunch so that we can relax. Or, we like to book a late lunch that will carry us through dinner, and just have a snack later on. I prefer our larger meal to be at midday rather than at night.

We tend to book brunch or "lupper."

Either we will book an 11 am breakfast and a late dinner, or a 2:30-3:00 lunch.

I only book dinners. We typically do CS for lunch. We always have TS for dinner. So those are always booked as soon as I am able to do so.

This. DD is past the age where character meals interest her. When she was younger, we booked a character breakfast on our "off" or "resort/pool" day so that we could do it leisurely without missing park time. I refuse to uber-plan to the point where I have to know exactly where I am going to be at lunch time, so I never book lunches. Park visits always seem to bring unexpected timing issues, so we always eat lunch whenever and wherever it is convenient, but never with an ADR. When we visit the MK, we usually wing it for dinner as well as there aren't any restaurants there that we care enough about to book ahead. All other days will end with a nice TS meal, usually at a Signature or Swan/Dolphin location, and we always book ahead as soon as our window opens.

We always do a TS dinner and usually a TS lunch but sometimes a breakfast (so 2 a day). I don't think it takes up that much more time than going to a CS since you have to stand in line, find a seat, etc & I've always been seated at or within 5 or so mins of my ADR and it's a nice break for the middle of the day too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter