What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day!,Sept TR-Cape May HooRay 4/14

Fantasyland Mom

DIS Veteran
What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept 13 TR

"We're happy amigos
No matter where he goes
The one, two, and three goes
We're always together"​

Hola, amigos! And welcome to our third family TR! And who might we be?

Besides me, there's my husband and our Three Caballeros...er, Kiddos.

We are back again with all our chaos, fun, and plenty of pixie dust, and this year we literally had the best trip anyone could ever imagine. Ever. I'll give you a moment to think of your wildest Disney dreams.....

...yeah, we probably did that.

New this year:
*Tours! (Multiple.)
*Parties! (Several.)
*Surprises! (Shocking.)
*Meeting with Friends! (Fun.)
*A new touring style! (Awesome.)
*And that time we became famous for a day...(Epic.)

I hope you'll join us for TEN NIGHTS of our most memorable trip yet!

And now, some introductions, because that's pretty mandatory for one of these reports, I find.

Let's start with me.

My name is Jennifer, and I'm in charge. I'm a stay-at-home mom to my three darling children, and I am the resident Disney planner. When I'm not doing all things Disney, I spend my free time (three kids...what's free time??) reading, watching bad tv from the eighties on Netflix, and sleeping as much as possible. Obviously I'm a thrill a minute!

This is my husband, Brandon. He's a Civil Designer by day, and a photographer at all times. On this trip, he started a career ball rolling that has led to some really great things, but more on that later. He discovered a love for video on our last trip, and he promises to make a video of this trip that blows that one away! And I hope so, since we had three different cameras with video capability this time, all higher quality, plus his usual huge cameras and lenses. (If you haven't seen our video, it's in my signature.) In addition, Brandon also enjoys bad eighties tv as much as I do. We are a match made it Heaven.

Our oldest daughter is Julia. She's in second grade and in truth shares a lot of the planning with me. She's an avid ballet and Irish dancer, reader, researcher, rock collector, and aspiring director. The resort choice was all up to her this year, and of course she had to be at the place that fit her passion for movies! Julia is super smart and creative. She is very helpful and sometimes very bossy; both come with being the oldest, I think. She loves to stick to a plan, read a map, give directions, and tell you when you've broken a rule. In short, she's my mini-me.

Brynn is our middle child, and she just started kindergarten. She is just as smart and creative as her sister, but much more free-spirited! She will talk your ears off, and she starts almost all her conversations with, "Well, you know what?" And then she schools you. Because it affects how we tour, I'll let you know that Brynn has been diagnosed with Aspergers, and most of her problems are with sensory issues, social cues, and self-regulation. She has definitely changed people's understanding of what being on the Spectrum means--yes, she talks, and yes, she's brilliant! She's just quirky. In addition, Brynn has dystonia that affects her legs and ankles. It means her muscles fight against each other, and in her case it causes them to twist her feet and ankles. She wears leg braces to correct her gait and to hold them as straight as possible during her spells, and they have a sea creature design since she LOVES sea creatures. She also loves "it's a small world." A LOT.

And finally, our "baby" is Sawyer, but he's suddenly turned into a big boy! He carries on hilarious conversations now and is potty trained! That means that this is the first trip we have ever taken to WDW without diapers. (I told you this trip was epic!) I have to say that he's a constant source of entertainment, famous for his funny faces, and he loves to tell jokes that make no sense. Full disclosure: he can throw the biggest tantrums I've ever seen, and that totally happened this trip. It's the age. It's to be expected.

Our trip was from September 12-22, 2013, and we stayed at All Star Movies Resort.

So, if all that sounds fun to you, please join in, enjoy the journey, and shout, "Ay, caramba!" any time you feel it's necessary!

(What means "Ay, Caramba?" Oh, yes. I don't know.)

CHAPTER LINKS

Tuesday-Thursday, September 10-12, 2013

1. Getting There

Friday, September 13, 2013

1. Taking Care of Business, and Fueling up!
2. DTD with VERY Special Guests!...And a special tech-geek report from my darling husband.
3. All Star Movies Resort Room: Let the Organization Begin
4. Ay, Caramba! Epcot!
5. Ending an Evening in Epcot

Saturday, September 14, 2013

1. A Magic Kingdom Morning
2. A Magic Kingdom Morning, Continued
3. Be Our Guest...And a moment with the ladies.
4. Big Tops, Barber Shops, and Bakeries
5. Tomorrowland and Tony's
6. I heard you SCREAAAMMM!!

Sunday, September 15, 2013
1. Laid back touring exists??
2. Behind the Seeds Tour
3. Future World Friends
4. Cape May, Hoo-ray! An IG Evening

Watch our TRIP VIDEO!!!

I'M HEEEEEREEEEE! Now obviously I need to go back and read your intro. :goodvibes

EDIT: Aaaand I just realized I totally ruined your Chapter links section, sorry if I'm the worst, I just got a little excited. I can't delete my post, either, wah. :(

Okay just kidding, now I don't feel bad. I LOVE your intro and I think the theme of the TR title is quite fitting. I mean, Donald's Boat is the best ride ever according to some. ;) Can't wait to read this Trip Report for so many reasons!!

I'm so ridiculous excited for this trip report!!!

You know I'll be following along with each and every post!

Also, the Three Caballeros song is now stuck in my head. And, as per usual, the pictures are already fantastic.

Two final words.

CAN'T. FREAKINGWAIT. (that counts as one word. See? No space.)

This is Brandon your DH as I believe it is called
This years trip was so epic that I am finally getting around to joining the disboard so that I can read along and comment :surfweb:
Even though I have been online since 96 I don't think I joined a message board before so please go easy on me while I ride along with my training wheels. :drive:

I'm here! Going to read the intros after I go upstairs to read a bedtime story. :goodvibes

Hi I'm here!!! Thank heavens that Brandon is doing another video, I need more to add to my rotation, and there are precious few Disney videographers that share his style (I'm thinking along the lines of bosox2001 and Brute Wolf, although if I"m being completely honest, editing skills wise, your dh is a higher level imo). Anyway, the point is that I love the video and can't wait to see the next!

I can't wait to read all about your trip!

Goodness you know I had to join! Can't wait.

And Sawyer looks so grown up compared to last year, definitely not a baby anymore. Congrats on being out of diapers. I can't wait for that day but my son seems to be all "diapers 4 life, yo"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter