• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What news have you had recently?

I had COVID and never realized it - tested for antibodies (not the ones generated from the vaccine) and the results show that I must have had an asymptomatic case. That came as a complete surprise because I've not had as much as a sniffle since 2019.

Define recently. At the end of last year I learned the company I've worked for for over 30 years is shutting down after 1st quarter this year.
I lived through this 4 years ago. After a couple years for down sales and no hope to finding an investor/buyer for the company we found out on January 2nd that the company was closing effective (nearly) immediately.

I lived through this 4 years ago. After a couple years for down sales and no hope to finding an investor/buyer for the company we found out on January 2nd that the company was closing effective (nearly) immediately.
It wasn't a surprise. We have been downsizing for years and the last 4 or so it's just been me and the boss with a subcontractor. My boss is well into his 70s and really should have retired years ago. I've only been working one day a week for a couple of years now. I find I'm a little depressed since I've been working since I was about 12 so always had income coming in. While hubby actually pays all the bills and supports me, it was nice to know I had my own income. Thankfully, since I knew it was coming I had already rearranged all my 401K and savings, I'll be eligible for SS in a year and half and start drawing Medicare in April so it's all o.k.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter