• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What next?

YES! I still feel like Galaxy's Edge should be called "Star Wars Land" and it should have an Astro-Oribter type spinner right in the middle with X-Wings and TIE fighters on it! You can plus 'em up a little bit, but basic fun stuff is sorely needed.
Now that you mention it… YES to an outdoor ride! I’d love an intergalactic peoplemover or anything that we can look down from would make me happy.

Now that you mention it… YES to an outdoor ride! I’d love an intergalactic peoplemover or anything that we can look down from would make me happy.

Maybe like a "shuttle" type of thing that circles the perimeter and appears to be hovering during the visible portions, with dark-ride elements when it disappears behind the buildings. I like that idea!

Something like this thing:

1660856665072.png

Last edited:
SR is a solid D ticket, and really could be classified as an E ticket at this point. There is no true secondary ride in Galaxy's Edge. Further, you need far more than one secondary attraction to adequately distribute Crowds.

Yes, they added one of these in New Fantasyland. Still nowhere near enough. However, the MK already has many of these secondary attractions, so throwing an E ticket into the mix is not as big of an issue as it is at the other three parks. Fantasyland alone already had IASW, Philharmagic, the Carousel, Pooh, the Barnstormer, Dumbo and the Tea Party. (Based on demand, we'll call Pan at least a D ticket). Plus they doubled Dumbo's capacity. So while they didn't really do enough to adequately disperse the crowds drawn by Mine Train, they did more than in other parks and they are dealing with a park that was designed with these concepts in mind. So the impact is tangible, but not overwhelming, again, unlike at the other parks. Now Tron is coming with no additional supplemental attraction, so the situation will further deteriorate.
What you’re asking for is a fifth gate not a “land”. I think adding an E list attraction fades over time as well, for instance RNR, and TOT aren’t pulling like they were when they first opened. Granted of all the parks Hollywood studios needs the most attention, but that’s been talked about since its conception

What you’re asking for is a fifth gate not a “land”. I think adding an E list attraction fades over time as well, for instance RNR, and TOT aren’t pulling like they were when they first opened. Granted of all the parks Hollywood studios needs the most attention, but that’s been talked about since its conception
Not at all. Look at Disneyland Park, as well as Magic Kingdom. These parks, especially DL, have larger numbers of ABC attractions. This did not require an additional gate.

And yes, E tickets can fade in terms of demand. But again, the intent of the prior Disney philosophy did not rely on that tendency to supply the park with ABCs. In part because it does nothing to help the current situation and in part because you really do not know if and how far the demand for a given E ticket will fade. Under any definition, RnRC is still and E ticket. ToT at the least is still a D. In fact, the vast majority of what would be considered E tickets at opening are still at least D tickets today, and many have retained E ticket status for decades.

If Disney is relying on Rise to become one of the C tickets Galaxy's Edge needs, they are going to be waiting a loooong time.

It may not be that way forever, as soon as the crowds slow, the discounts will come.
I read an article a couple of years ago that Disney was raising prices to thin the crowds. What they realized was there is no ceiling. They keep coming back. That’s why they are doing soul searching on the AP. There are those that go every… single… day… those are the ones they want gone.

Not at all. Look at Disneyland Park, as well as Magic Kingdom. These parks, especially DL, have larger numbers of ABC attractions. This did not require an additional gate.

And yes, E tickets can fade in terms of demand. But again, the intent of the prior Disney philosophy did not rely on that tendency to supply the park with ABCs. In part because it does nothing to help the current situation and in part because you really do not know if and how far the demand for a given E ticket will fade. Under any definition, RnRC is still and E ticket. ToT at the least is still a D. In fact, the vast majority of what would be considered E tickets at opening are still at least D tickets today, and many have retained E ticket status for decades.

If Disney is relying on Rise to become one of the C tickets Galaxy's Edge needs, they are going to be waiting a loooong time.
Honestly anything they put in there would be in crazy demand for a long time. It could be an jar jar binks musical

Maybe like a "shuttle" type of thing that circles the perimeter and appears to be hovering during the visible portions, with dark-ride elements when it disappears behind the buildings. I like that idea!

Something like this thing:

View attachment 695165
I'm all for this or something like it. Those omnivore dark rides are generally enjoyed by most and normally have a high capacity.

I read an article a couple of years ago that Disney was raising prices to thin the crowds. What they realized was there is no ceiling. They keep coming back. That’s why they are doing soul searching on the AP. There are those that go every… single… day… those are the ones they want gone.
Yes, that is exactly what Bob 1.0 said - the experience was degrading because of crowds and the increased prices and lower prices during low demand months would help with that and even things out. And your right, it never happened...and then the pandemic and now pent up demand and a whole lot of stockpiled DVC points that have to be used.

Those AP'ers that go every single day can't be taking up too many park resources, can they? I would imagine they are people going after work or school for a few hours or retirees just getting their walk in. The easy answer to them taking up a full day reservation is offering AM or PM reservations.

And speaking of DVC, that's a real problem if AP's never come back for them. These are people who gave Disney 10's of thousands of dollars up front and now one of the main selling points is gone? That is one of the reasons I think they come back in some form or another as soon as theres some sustained drops in demand.

What’s next? For us, it’s continuing to sit in the sidelines until demand falls off (recession?). We can easily afford to go, but strongly dislike being nickel and dimed (prefer tix price increase), don’t want to spend all day booking things on my phone, and do not enjoy packed to the max crowds.
It will happen eventually. Back in 07/08 a restricted Southern California AP was only $99 and the parks were empty. Obviously we’ll never see those prices again but Disney was desperate for park goers for several years and those visits were so fun.

Or they could go back to the original vision with live action stuff going on constantly.

I agree though, they are really missing on adding those A B C rides to the newer areas. You never know what one might become a classic like CoP or People mover.

That would be awesome, more like Avengers Campus with live action shows. It would certainly bring Galaxy’s Edge to life more!

For me, Disney has become like ice cream. At one time it was sold in 1/2 gallon sizes. Then they began to shrink the size, and increase the price, and as a result, you paid more and got less. Disney has taken that same approach, cut the size of the offering and increase the price. To this day, I won't buy ice cream for the house because I don't feel I'm getting the value. However, there are droves of people willing to pay less and get more and keep on doing it cut after cut, increase after increase including WDW. I guess more power to them. Now here I am with Disney, and I'm really thinking my park days are over. Time will tell about DCL for me. So for me, I really don't care what is next for Disney, I just don't see myself as part of their "world" any longer. Never ever thought I would say that or get to that place.

It will be interesting to see how the Florida tiers “evolve” when the present program reaches its renewal cycle in September based on what’s being offered to magic key (and yes world and land are different beasts)

—Photopass being inclusive with top tiers again?
—Parking only being inclusive to top tier (discounted for others)
—genie + being discounted to passholders
—blackout for ALL TIERS
—significant price increase

FWIW when went from gold to pirate + photopass add on in April I paid $722 which is between the price points of the second and third tier in CA
The WDW new character passes (Incredi-pass, Sorcerer, Pirate and Pixie) renewal window opened July 10th, 60 days before expiration of the first ones sold on September 8, 2021.

There were no changes. Even the renewal prices remained the same as published.

And speaking of DVC, that's a real problem if AP's never come back for them. These are people who gave Disney 10's of thousands of dollars up front and now one of the main selling points is gone?
They could easily fix that by offering an AP that is only good if you are staying on-site using a DVC membership. They could make it one of the Membership Extras ( available only to those who have qualified memberships).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter