• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What night is best on a 7-night for Palo/Remy?

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi! This will be our first 7-night cruise and we are hoping to dine at Remy one night (and fingers crossed for Palo brunch.) The WDW overplanner in me is trying to figure out what night would be best. On one hand, formal night seems like a clear winner because only one fancy outfit to pack, but I would hate to miss dinner with my kids on that night. Same with pirate night... our kids want to dress up so I think we want to stick together that night as well. I feel like the port days might be tiring to get all dressed up.... if anything I would think those might be good nights to get room service or something casual.

Does anyone have any advice? I know that it will come down to availability but I still would like to have a plan! TY!

Hi! This will be our first 7-night cruise and we are hoping to dine at Remy one night (and fingers crossed for Palo brunch.) The WDW overplanner in me is trying to figure out what night would be best. On one hand, formal night seems like a clear winner because only one fancy outfit to pack, but I would hate to miss dinner with my kids on that night. Same with pirate night... our kids want to dress up so I think we want to stick together that night as well. I feel like the port days might be tiring to get all dressed up.... if anything I would think those might be good nights to get room service or something casual.

Does anyone have any advice? I know that it will come down to availability but I still would like to have a plan! TY!

One thing you might consider is booking Remy for formal night, going to the MDR with your kids and enjoying a beverage, and then heading to Remy after the kids have their dinner. Depending on the age of your kids, you can also all dress up, get some photos, and then let them go to the MDR on their own.

You may not know which night is formal night until you board, and won't know which is pirate night until booking opens (when you can see when Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique is doing pirate makeovers). I would choose based on your port schedule. If there's a day when you'll be back on board early, that would give you time to get dressed before dinner. If all your port days will be long, booking Remy on a sea day might be preferable.

If you have early seating, I support dcassetta's suggestion to sit with your kids as they eat dinner (maybe getting a drink and/or light appetizer), then go to a later dinner at Remy.

Will you have two sea days or three? Which itinerary did you choose?

Last edited:

If I were you I would aim for either day one or pick the best sea day which would be day 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter