• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What one thing, would you like to teach

Well good for them. It’s not my priority. I live an urban area with a good bit of crime. Getting in & out with my child safely is my only concern.
It must be a rough neighbourhood if you're not comfortable walking from the cart corral to your car and back. Maybe it would be a good idea to get your DH to go shopping with you. And I guess if nobody where you live returns their carts it's probably not considered extremely rude and entitled behaviour like it is elsewhere.

It must be a rough neighbourhood if you're not comfortable walking from the cart corral to your car and back. Maybe it would be a good idea to get your DH to go shopping with you. And I guess if nobody where you live returns their carts it's probably not considered extremely rude and entitled behaviour like it is elsewhere.
It is no different than most urban areas in the US that have similar issues. Not paying attention to your surroundings is how ppl become victims. My DH is no more prepared for a carjacking than me. Guess no one thinks it’s a big deal here. I honestly have never heard of anyone here being so self-righteous about returning a grocery cart for goodness sake. Most ppl return them if they can & if not, leave them. Like you said about driving, etiquette can be different in different areas.

Physics, the most fundamental occupation of all.

Other than that, English Literature, Oceanography and Music :)

When I subbed I loved teaching negative and positive numbers to 7th graders and also all the ways to compute fractions to 6th graders. :)

Well good for them. It’s not my priority. I live an urban area with a good bit of crime. Getting in & out with my child safely is my only concern.
Maybe you should move. A shopping cart can scratch or put a small dent in a car. I’d be kinda of mad if my new car was scratched by a runaway shopping cart.

When you sitting at a red light waiting to make a right hand turn. Look to your right before you turn. There might be someone walking jogging or on a bike that has a walk sign. I hate knocking on people’s window and scaring the crap out of them before I cross. I will though. I was hit by a car once by someone making a right hand turn. Now I make sure they see by any means I have to.
Also don’t text when sitting at a light.

That the left lane is for passing and if you have a car(s) behind you, no matter how fast you're going, move over.

Say, the speed limit is 55. I am going 64 in the left name. The right lane is filled with people going 55. So I am passing them all.

You expect me to move over right into that lane of cars so you can go 90 in the left lane?

No.

Yes I do because I’m doing 80 so move or suffer the rath of anF350 on you butt. Brake job me fine but I will roll over your Prius.

Oh, I got another one:

"Reece's Piece's" is pronounced Ree - siz Pee - siz. As in pieces of candy created by a person named Reece.

It is not pronounced Reese - eaze Peese - eaze.

I'd teach people about apostrophes. They are used to show possession, not plurals. ;)

Yes I do because I’m doing 80 so move or suffer the rath of anF350 on you butt. Brake job me fine but I will roll over your Prius.

If you flick your lights you will suffer.
Ride my bumper and if you suddenly brake thinking I'm braking it's me putting on my headlights.

Well thankfully no one was hurt. Luckily I live in an area that has very flat terrain so it would have to be a hurricane for wind to be strong enough to blow a grocery cart into a car & cause significant damage. And like I said I usually get the cart out of the parking lot anyway.

This also happened to DH, getting his car dented by an errant shopping cart. And his car was a week old besides. However, hearing your reasoning softens my anger a lot. Although it's been a lot of years, I've been a Mom with an infant, so I see where you're coming from.

If you see blue lines in a handicap parking area, it isn’t a parking spot. Please don’t park there because I can’t get in the car because I can’t get my wheelchair close enough to the door.

Please don’t idle in the firelane by the cut out. I can only get up on the side walk on the cutout, if you are idling and gone, I am out of luck getting into a store.

This also happened to DH, getting his car dented by an errant shopping cart. And his car was a week old besides. However, hearing your reasoning softens my anger a lot. Although it's been a lot of years, I've been a Mom with an infant, so I see where you're coming from.
Thank you. I try to do my best. I have a car too & don’t want it damaged. I get it. But, my infant is just my priority...as he shouldn’t be. And to ppl who have said move or whatever related to my mentioning safety concerns. They must not be familiar with urban areas. I think it’s pretty typica here. Some areas are worse than other, but you always have to pay attention to your surroundings.

Or, you know, you could just adhere more closely to the legal speed limit, accept that you're not the most important person on earth and stop being a menace to other motorists...:rolleyes1 Just sayin'.

Or, you know, you could just adhere more closely to the legal speed limit, accept that you're not the most important person on earth and stop being a menace to other motorists...:rolleyes1 Just sayin'.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: Well somebody has to be the person you are defensive driving for. Not a menace just well trained.

Say, the speed limit is 55. I am going 64 in the left name. The right lane is filled with people going 55. So I am passing them all.

You expect me to move over right into that lane of cars so you can go 90 in the left lane?

No.

In Illinois if you are not passing you have to be in the right lane.

If you see blue lines in a handicap parking area, it isn’t a parking spot. Please don’t park there because I can’t get in the car because I can’t get my wheelchair close enough to the door.

Please don’t idle in the firelane by the cut out. I can only get up on the side walk on the cutout, if you are idling and gone, I am out of luck getting into a store.

This times 100! And I am not disabled, nor do I have anyone in my immediate family who needs this access, but it is a pet peeve of mine. I got peeved enough once that I told the resource officer in our school that his squad car was blocking the access cut in the curb at our school. Dummy. He wasn't parked there for any kind of emergency, he was just sitting on his *** in the front office.

I'd teach people about apostrophes. They are used to show possession, not plurals. ;)
Ah, crap! I am usually pretty good on that one. I think it's because of the symmetry with "Reese's" that threw me off.

You know what gets me every time? "its" vs "it's".

You beat me to it lol

I’d like to teach everyone the proper way to eat Vegemite. It is NOT supposed to be put on crackers or slathered on as thick as peanut butter. A liberal spread on toast with melted butter is the only way to go. Right @jevs?

Right on! You wait until the butter has melted on your toast, put a liberal spread of Vegemite on the toast. Usually cut the toast in half for adults, quarters for kids. Then you take your Vegemite toast over to the rubbish bin and throw it in.

That is how we do Vegemite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter