What other fun ideas for autographs other than books to sign?

On two different occasions, I had bought posters and had the different characters sign by their picture. The first, was Disney villians(actually I dropped this one off at Guest services at, then, MGM for the day and they got the signatures) and the other was of all the main characters(it was an anniversary year poster). I carried them in a cardboard mailing tube. I had them both professionally framed and are still hanging.

Just curious if this is a regular service that guest services at each park offers? Would we be able to drop off our item early morning and request a bunch of character siggies or would they look at us like we're crazy? I had never heard of this and just wonder for our upcoming trip.

Just curious if this is a regular service that guest services at each park offers? Would we be able to drop off our item early morning and request a bunch of character siggies or would they look at us like we're crazy? I had never heard of this and just wonder for our upcoming trip.

I would say no, it is not a regular service. I think I had the advantage of asking for something that is NOT routinely requested and I talked to two CM's who wanted to go above and beyond to make a magical moment for a guest. Most guests probably would rather get them face to face with the characters but in my case, you rarely see a lot of villians in one park visit and the other, I thought of it the day before I left and explained that I wanted to keep the poster in framable condition(it was windy). Now if hundreds of guests started to ask for this, then you may see a policy set.

Having said all that, I say go for it and see if they will do this for you. Doesn't hurt to ask, it could be a magical moment for you!

I also have done the poster and the characters loved it! We jad one with a bunch of Mickey ear hats on it and let the characters sign wherever they wanted. About halfway through the week I left it behind on accident at the Poly and thought it was gone forever. We left our name, resort and room number in case it turned up.
We bought another poster and decided to start over the next day. Well we walked into MK and I asked a cast member if there was a way to get the times for all the characters and explained what happened. She said "Do you trust me?" I said "Do you work at Disney?" She took my poster and gave me her cell number and said to call after 1pm and she would get it signed. She also asked what my favorite character was and I said Tinkerbell and she said she would try to get that for me (This was in 2006 so she wasn't a character that was out and about at that time). Well I called and picked up my poster and it was full of signatures. That's hanging in my living room now. I sent a thank you to her after we got back cause I was so appreciative for what she had done.

kdka421, what type of fabric marker did you use?...Your autographs appear very clear:thumbsup2
I would love to do this quilt idea when we go in March..:wizard:

kdka421, what type of fabric marker did you use?...Your autographs appear very clear:thumbsup2
I would love to do this quilt idea when we go in March..:wizard:

Sorry, I wish I remembered the details, but we did this about 15 years ago.
My grandmother is a quilter, I'm sure she probably suggested what we should use - but I'm sure if you ask at any craft/fabric store, they'd be able to point out a good one. The only thing I remember is I think we got a thicker one, which was easier for the characters to hold.

Glad you like it :goodvibes

Depending on what time of year you are there, you can use storybooks. We have had characters sign a Disney Christmas storybook (has just about everyone in it) and A Sweet and Spooky Halloween (just princesses). These were great fun and so much fun to read and reminisce later.

We went in Oct and asked that they sign photo mattes. It worked out really well. We had so many ( 30 autographs) that we ended up using two mattes. I also brought metallic colored sharpies so the autogrpahs aren't all in the same color.

We went to Costco to get 8 * 10s of our favorite pictures, put in the mattes and got it framed. I have to say I really like seeing those pictures when I walk by them everyday. I helps to remind me of what a wonderful trip we had.

Didn't get to read through everything so I don't know if it was mentioned. But I think the coolest thing i've seen signed in all my visits was one of the larger solid color vinylmation dolls.

I usually just make up quick books. Dd loves flipping through them remembering.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter