• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What others don't think that much of... and you love?

Great thread!
Mine would be Living with the Land, Phillarmagic, Carousel of Progess, and PECOS BILL'S :worship::worship::worship:! (my sister and i are obsesseddd and hardly anyone else we talk to even knows what or where it is!!)

I LOVE Living with the Land and Carousel of Progress! Both underrated, in my opinion. I find them fascinating.

I may get flamed, but I like the Hat at DHS. Of course, I never saw it without the hat.

I also liked the hand and wand that were on the Epcot Sphere, and kind of miss them now that they are gone. Have always been confused by the hate!

I will also throw my hat in with AK (love everything about it), People mover, CoP, and the Bears.

I love Captain EO. Everyone hates it and thinks its outdated. I love every cheezy character. I love the dance they do and love the song!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We took our kids to see Captain EO and I cried through the whole thing! Because it reminded me of when we started going to Disney World, before we were married, before we had kids, and our whole lives were ahead of us. Now here we were, 20 years later, sharing that dumb, 80's wacky movie with our kids (who were fans of the MJ's music) and it all hit me hard!! I love everything about that movie - the George Lucas/Star Wars effects, the Muppets, the music, and especially that classic dancing scene when the characters all change. SO 80's, but at the time, it was awesome!!

We like going through Innoventions and trying something new. We had a ton of fun with the Hook and Loop Fastener ;) show. We also like doing the robot band.

The Circlevision movies, although I can do without the opening of the Canada movie (you know what I mean Phillies fans :eek:)

The trains in Germany in Epcot, shopping in Morocco and Fish n Chips in UK.

Philharmagic is a multiple times thing for us - love it!

Oh, I'm so glad someone mentioned Spaceship Earth and Living in the Land. I love them, too. We like DHS the least, but I liked Indiana Jones and I think that gets flamed a lot, too...no pun intended! :)

I love COP and I love that the last scene is so cheesy! It would be so boring if they updated it!

Definitely AK. It's my 2nd favourite park after MK. I love everything about it, it's so beautiful!

I also love CoP. Yes it's cheesy, but I love it, and I love that stupid silly song that gets stuck in my head for the rest of the day!

I also really love the People Mover. I could ride that thing all day long :thumbsup2

LOVE Country Bears...especially the "Blood on the Saddle" song which cracks me up for some reason. This ride reminds me of my dearly departed dad. He never went to WDW, but when I saw it, I felt like he was with me. It was absolutely his type of cornball humor. Also agree with most of the other mentions here. I like some of the more overlooked things that I feel have heart even if they don't have a ton of flashiness.

One I'll mention that people hate and hasn't been said yet: Liberty Tree Tavern. I eat lunch there twice if I can each trip. I have not had the dinner and don't plan to (only like homemade Thanksgiving dinners). I have enjoyed every morsel there, and I am a huge fan of the theming (a bit of a US history geek here). Ask for the strawberry vinaigrette on the side, and they bring it to you in a gravy boat. I don't really like most types of dressing but do like this one. Also, we have always had very good service here. My souvenir from my last trip is a glass mug from LTT; it's hanging on my wall at home as homage to my favorite spot (I hear they are giving out plastic ones now...BOO to them for that if true). The one drawback is the restroom. It's at the tippy-top of pokey little stairs. Very inconvenient.

Ditto, it is hardly ever mentioned and one of my absolutely favorite attractions ever. On our very first trip my girls were 3 and 5 and seeing Philharmagic was the best Disney moment ever:lovestruc

I have no idea what philharmagic is!!!

I was just thinking of starting this topic the other day.. Philarmagic indeed!!!! I love it every single time:goodvibes.

And I don't know that this one isn't appreciated but I don't see it mentioned much. In 9 trips I had never been to see the American Adventure or seen the incredible and HUGE theatre! I was really impressed. First of all, that it was so big..that surprised me. And I loved the historical pieces and things to look at. Overall I was really pleased and was happy I finally decided to pop in there and catch the show:)

Well I haven't been yet but this is literally the first I've heard it mentioned and I've been doing lots of researching!

It is a "4D" film that features terrific music and scenes from Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Lion King to name a few. Not sure many other attractions have this pure of a Disney "feel". The official name is "Mickey's PhilharMagic".

The Great Movie Ride is always a treat if I am with my mom. I also love Living With The Land, the Beauty and The Beast show and Spaceship Earth.

I never realized until looking at the other board (I don't get what the hype is) that very few actually like the Jungle Cruise! (No wonder the line is always nice and short!) That is one of my favorites and must-dos every trip! Although (and I'm embarrassed to admit it) I just realized on our last trip that the tour guides' speech is the same every time! Our first time on our last trip the guide seemed to be reading it off a piece of paper and was less-than-thrilled.
And Soarin'! I would wait in line all day to go on that ride just once! I love Patrick Warburton, and seeing him on the TV screen before cracks me up, and the high :rotfl2: that ride gives me can't be topped! I especially love the smells... mmmmm can't wait!

At MK: Tiki Room and People Mover (or whatever it's called)
Epcot: Ellen's Energy Adventure
DHS: The Great Movie Ride
AK: The intentionally tacky themeing in Chester & Hester's part of Dinoland.

None of these are my favorites, but no trip to WDW is complete without experiencing these attractions.

Jim

1) Sci Fi Dine In-I love the atmosphere. I'm also a huge fan of the Reuben.
2) Dinosaur-I know it's a shell of it's former self as CTX, but I still get a kick out of it.

I'm going to go ahead and say DHS as a whole. DHS has been getting a bad rap lately because of all of the closures, but I still love it. I love the theming. I love the glitz and glamour of old Hollywood. I love how it can pay tribute to non-Disney related classic movies and actors while still making it feel like magic. And I love the 50's Prime Time Cafe! And I looooove the shows and unique character meet and greets, like Phinease & Ferb, Mike & Sulley, the cars... it's just awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter