What Popular WDW Thing Just Doesn't Do It For You?

I must suck, or something. I love the parades, Wishes is the most amazing thing I've ever seen, Soarin' is my favorite ride at Epcot and I thought Fantasmic at DHS blew Disneyland's out of the water. Then again, I also love Carousel of Progress and Country Bear Jamboree...

I dislike the Stitch ride, though. I liked Alien Encounters much better.

Stitch ride has gotta go....really not good.
Movie ride, so done with that...I hear they are re-doing it in the new year though so maybe it will be better. I guess the first time was good but not the kind of thing you want to do twice.
Hoopdedoo....wow really disliked that one. Too much like hee haw for me, and loud and food was gross.
yeah, o.k nice I know but hey....I love everything else!

Things that don't do it for me...

Space Mountain. (Awful ride. The one at Disneyland is a zillion times better!)

Character autographs. Even as a child, I would not have been into them.

The dining plan. We ran the numbers before our last trip and it was much cheaper to NOT use the dining plan. Besides, I can't imagine eating THAT much food. Eek!

Priority seating. So dumb. We pretty much stick to counter service. Having to make "reservations" just isn't for me. I never know what time I'll want to eat. Or what I'll be in the mood for. We don't even know which park we'll be in on each day.

This is probably better suited for the Theme Parks Community board so I am going to move it over there.

I am going to hear it for saying this one but for now it has to be EPCOT! We have children under 3 and it is just not for us ....right now. My ds3 can actually ride TT and Soarin this year but not sure he would like it. We are going to skip Epcot altogether this trip. Sit down meals, lack of preschool age rides, and world showcase are not for us...maybe when kids are older.:confused3

I have to agree with the others- Stitch's Great Escape has to go. Stitch (and other characters from that movie) have so much potential. Why dumb it down?? So sad.

I'm sure DH would have other thoughts, but I liked everything else. However, there is little Disney can do that I don't like.

(I'm stalling to post because I feel there was something else the last time, but I don't remember now what it was!)

Just a thought: Dh and I LOVEd TS restaurants! It was a serious highlight in our vaca. I say those need to stay! :)

Mickey's Philharmagic...
it was a cute show and all, but in the end, not much more than that.

I don't like the pin thing either.. I mean I like the pins-they are cute. but I don't care about collecting them or swapping them.. its not important to me. My DH and I recieved two pins for free one trip and I kept those.. but thats it.

I also don't care for Hollywood Studios.. there are a few things I like to do there- but never spend more than a half a day there..

I don't like ASSports hotel!:sad2:

I don't like Mission Space ride.. it made me sick and I usually don't get sick. I haven't tried the new "moderately" version and to be honest- I don't have an interest to. I'm also to scared to try Tower of Terror.. I think its cool but I don't like the whole "stomach to my throat" feeling and idk if its as intense as other drop or up rides.. like ones at cedar point or other parks- that drop. But thats not my thing. I just want to walk through it and leave.. hehe :lmao:

My kids LOVE autographs and pin trading. Sometimes I think all we need is a big tent with characters and cast members with lanyards and they'd be happy. The attractions just get in the way.:rotfl:

For me I think Jungle Cruise is seriously in need of an overhaul. Also I don't get the Haunted Mansion. I think I liked it more before the renovations. Now it seems too dark.

I was talking recently with a fellow Disney traveler, and when I confessed that I took my time in the parks, and didn't always stay for the full day, she was aghast. Then she told me about collecting pins, and also raved about the fireworks. I told her I didn't "get" the pins and that I didn't like fireworks (or parades).

(The fireworks thing really gets on my wife's nerves. She LOVES them. I'd rather go back to the hotel for a late swim.)

What little aspect of the Worlds can you just not "get into", for whatever reason?

i have to admit i'm not into pins either, and i really don't like the parades. i'd rather be riding attractions with short lines while everyone else is watching the parades!

Here's my list:

pin trading... nuff said on this topic already

Epcot World Showcase... I feel like we're walking forever to go nowhere

Overpriced t-shirts that I could get for $5 at home and

Crazy hats... why would I spend tons of $$$$ on some dumb hat I'd never be caught dead in out in public at home

Turkey legs :crazy2:

That's it. Everything else I love.

My DH and I aren"t crazy about Soarin'. I know everyone just LOVES it, but I thought the video was a little choppy and not very seamless. i've been in IMAX theaters and had a better experience. We waited for 2 hours because everyone we came in contact with said we HAD to try it. I just don't see it. :confused3

I don't like Dole Whips or Zebra Domes.

and the only thing I ever notice about the parades now is that they block the street, so I'd better be on the side I want to be on. :confused3

I don't like Dole Whips or Zebra Domes.

and the only thing I ever notice about the parades now is that they block the street, so I'd better be on the side I want to be on. :confused3

What is a zebra dome?

I've never had a dole whip but they seem like they'd be way too sweet.

A zebra dome is a chocolate and coffee mousse dessert they like to serve at AKL.

I don't like coffee, so I don't eat them.

I have never been into pin trading, only pin collecting.

I don't understand parades... any of them including non-Disney ones. They bore me, I'd rather be doing something else.

Ew.... Space Mountain is an awful ride for me. It's lame and it's obvious that it's OOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD as dirt and need some upgrading- that's why I dislike it.

Why anyone spends so much time at the resort. I am not going to pay all this money go to swim in a pool or to lay around my resort. I'm paying to enjoy the parks. But I guess that's why I never go to Hawaii... or Aruba... or whereever really, I couldn't stand just lying around, I can relax at home for free.

My DH and I aren"t crazy about Soarin'. I know everyone just LOVES it, but I thought the video was a little choppy and not very seamless. i've been in IMAX theaters and had a better experience. We waited for 2 hours because everyone we came in contact with said we HAD to try it. I just don't see it. :confused3

I like Soarin' but I definitely am bothered by the choppiness of the ride as well... it drives me nuts. But the ride is still fun enough for me to go but I would never wait more than 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter