What pref. building @ CBR?

WeLoveLilo05

DIS Veteran
I think I may have asked this, but the time has come for on line check in:cool1:
We have a pref. room @ CBR, what building what your prefer and why? 1st or 2nd floor?

We stayed at CBR last year, standard room, and got Jamaica, second floor, bldg 45 (I believe). We loved it. The stairs were tough at the end of a long day :) but not having any noise above us was a nice treat.

The walk across the island to the main bldg and pool took about 5-7 min (with a 4 1/2 yr old in tow) but we didn't mind it. The scenery made it worthwhile :)

We liked Martinique. It was closer we thought than Trindad. We loved CBR! I would definately get preferred. We walked over to Jamaica to see how far the walk would of been. Because people say it's so close for standard. It was tolerable but I'm glad we did preferred!

We stayed in Martinique 26 and the walk was, literally, just minutes to Old Port Royale. We were so close that we used the Old Port Royale bus stop more than the Martinique stop.

I also meant to add that we've stayed in both first floor and second floor at the CBR and both were very quiet.:thumbsup2

Martinique 26 is the very very closest, but then again, the pool and the gift shop are on the Trinidad North side, making Trinidad North 31 the closest to the pool complex. In other words, flip a coin!

"On paper," I'd say a 2nd floor room is going to be quieter and more private. You'll have no one above you potentially stomping on the floor. And, mathematically speaking, only half of the people in your building have the potential to be walking by your room, whereas in a first floor room you have the potential of 100% of the building's people walking past your room (everyone needs to walk past some of the first floor at some point, but only people staying in 2nd floor rooms have to walk along the 2nd floor).

But I can't imagine that makes a huge difference, in reality.

I would go for Martinique, building 25, water view.
We've stayed top floor and ground floor. We didn't have noise problems with either. But not climbing the steps at the end of a long day was nice.
Have fun.

Martinique! Great location, and it's also usually the first bus stop to be picked up in the mornings (so you won't have to stand the whole way.)

Martinique! Great location, and it's also usually the first bus stop to be picked up in the mornings (so you won't have to stand the whole way.)

Martinique is the first stop for Magic Kingdom buses and Downtown Disney buses. For the other parks, the first stop is Jamaica.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter