What present was an unexpected hit?

katerkat

I wine a lot...it makes me feel better
Russ got a toaster from the Target $1 Spot. He has been popping the toast in and out all day today and yesterday. Even better, it shoots a fair distance and you can aim it at things!!

So much for the Little People and wooden trains and Legos.

These pens my mom got on sale at Kohl's-they have little arcade games on the top-the DNephews loved them.

a pop up thomas the tank engine toy...its like one of those pop up hampers...my nephew loves it!

My boys really enjoyed getting those "state maps" that hold the state quarters. Who knew????

They just recently started collecting the state quarters and each have about 15 of them. So I bought them each a map to store the quarters in.

Granted, the Nintendo DS and stereo systems won out in the end, but I was surprised at how excited they were to get those maps.

I spent 3 months putting together this amazing trunk of dress up clothes for DD 2, and she took one look at it and went right back to playing with the bag of plastic frogs and bugs that came from the dollar store. She's holding them right now, even. She makes them kiss. :rotfl2:

PlayDoh. My mom bought one pouch of yellow PlayDoh for my DD2, and my brother ended up playing with it all night. He's 25.

My DD2's favorite plaything all night was, of course, a large box and some wadded up newspaper.

I was at my friend Christmas Eve. She bought the 3 guys ages 15-50
$1.00 store laser guns. They were playing that all night!

I bought my 2 yr old nephew the Hess truck & helicopter. It comes with the batteries, which they packaged separately. He saw the truck, liked it, then when I showed him the package of batteries, he jumped up & down & get very excited! His 15 yr old cousin said, "I've never seen a kid get so excited over batteries!".

Russ got a toaster from the Target $1 Spot. He has been popping the toast in and out all day today and yesterday. Even better, it shoots a fair distance and you can aim it at things!!

So much for the Little People and wooden trains and Legos.

Was is a one dollar toaster? For bread?

DS5 loves the harmonica that Santa stuffed in the stocking more than anything else he received. He has been playing with it all morning. He actually sounds pretty good, not too hard on the ears. $3 well spent!

Season 1 of Veronica Mars, Santa must have seen my TIVO with her in season pass :)

My dd9 got FLARP from her secret pal at school. My ds6 was so entralled we picked some up for .88 cents at Wal-Mart when I was grocery shopping. He loves it more than anything else he got! I should have saved the big money!!

"FLARP" is this gooey play-doh stuff that makes bodily function noises when you press it. Really, really gross!!

PlayDoh. My mom bought one pouch of yellow PlayDoh for my DD2, and my brother ended up playing with it all night. He's 25.

My DD2's favorite plaything all night was, of course, a large box and some wadded up newspaper.

We bought DD PlayDoh too, I love PlayDoh, we decide that she is too young and she will not be getting the PlayDoh, can you imagine the places it would end up.

Right now she likes to stack the different containers and point out the color of the lids. Hey she thinks it is cool, and when she goes to sleep, Mommy will play with the PlayDoh, Shh, don't tell anyone. :rolleyes1

Our teen DD was very excited when she and I opened a 'joint' gift (for both of us) from DH - it is a black KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter