What resort would you pick for a 1 night "splurge" night? (Resort Day-no parks)

Poly Bungalow. No question.

I think that it would be just the right size for just the two of us!!! LOL!

We have our list:
- Asante Suite at AKL
- Newport Suite at BC
- Grand Villa at GF
- Steeplechase Suite at BWI
- Presidential Suite at Contemporary

This isn't hypothetical for me at all because I did book at 1-night splurge at the Poly last year before a cruise, and it was perfect. You don't need a bungalow or a fancy view; standard view still gets you in the resort. We swam in the volcano pool, hung out in the hot tub overlooking Cinderella's castle, drank Lapu Lapus, and ate a character breakfast at O'hanas. If we'd had more time we'd have gone to Trader Sam's too.

I think BC/YC are an excellent choice for a resort day. We stayed at YC on one of my childhood trips. I remember that trip being one of my favorites, especially the sand-bottom pool and lazy river. Plus, you're walking distance to BW for added dining options. Though I haven't stayed there yet, AKL would be my personal choice for a resort day, especially in a SV room. I would really enjoy the opportunity to eat at more exotic restaurants and watch the animals.

I would pick AKL Savannah View! The relative seclusion of the resort is perfect for a resort-only trip. The pools are great, and there are tons of resort activities to keep you busy. You can view the animals from various points around the resort, and the food is so good at the onsite restaurants. Plus, you have both Kidani and Jambo fairly close together, so you can check out both resort areas by hitting the shuttle.

BC/YC or GDT-CL. We loved GDT CL (we loved the jr suites in the Tower, CL was fantastic, really fun game room by the pool). We enjoy the pool, easy access to boardwalk at BC/YC.

Minus a fantasy budget, I would choose Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah View. We stay there as much as possible and it never disappoints. Excellent restaurants, wonderful cast members and an atmosphere that can’t be matched anywhere else on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter