• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Resorts DO NOT have a separate entrance to the bathroom in a 1 bedroom?

Cmbar

DIS Veteran
We are traveling with friends and wanting to stay in a one bedroom. We currently have a 1bed at OKW with the Hospitality preference. However after doing research today I realized the buildings in that category have not been refurbished to include the newly adjusted separate entrance to the bathroom from the living room. Old versions of the 1 bed villas have the bathroom access inside the master bedroom.

I'm trying like mad to get a "non HH" at OKW or a 2 bedroom but I think BLT, BRV, and CCV and possibly the renovated BWV all have a good set up in a one bedroom. Just not sure about BCV and SSR (we don't want to go to AKL). Can anyone confirm which DVC villas 1 bedrooms would still have a set up so that you have to walk into the Master Bedroom to get to the bathroom?

Thank you for any help!

OH and do you think if I got a 1 bedroom without the HH at OKW I would be pretty sure to get the new updated rooms? It looks like all the HH designated buildings haven't been redone yet and we go mid December so i don't think we will have any chance of getting a refurbed room. I know nothing is a guarantee but I should definitely try to switch right? Its mid December when NOTHING is available UGH

Thank you! I have been looking at the floor plan layouts but I believe some of the resorts have fixed the bathroom problem. Like BWV and now the refurbished rooms at OKW. Im trying to get any confirmation from say owners of SSR or BCV that can confirm for me that you have to access the bathroom from the master bedroom and not the living room. Hoping someone can clarify.

Thank you! I have been looking at the floor plan layouts but I believe some of the resorts have fixed the bathroom problem. Like BWV and now the refurbished rooms at OKW. Im trying to get any confirmation from say owners of SSR or BCV that can confirm for me that you have to access the bathroom from the master bedroom and not the living room. Hoping someone can clarify.
SSR, BRV, BCV, BWV all have a second door to the bathroom. If the guest in the living room wants to take bath in the tub, they are only a shutter away from the guests in the master bedroom. No door between the tub/sink room and master bedroom.

BLT and AKV Kidani 1BRs have 2 bathrooms and thus there is no need to have a separate entry from the living room to the master bathroom. At AKV Jambo, there is only one entrance to the bathroom for everyone, but that bathroom is separated from the bedroom, i.e., the entrance is in a hallway off the living room and to get to it from the bedroom, you must leave the bedroom and cross the hallway (where you can be seen from the living room). At SSR, BCV, BWV, BRV, CCV, and VGF, the design has separate entries for those in the bedroom and those in the living room, and that is the original design, not some redo.

Last edited:
It looks like all the HH designated buildings haven't been redone yet and we go mid December so i don't think we will have any chance of getting a refurbed room.
We were just down there and they had 23-26 blocked off, like they were refurbing those...By Wed. it was no longer closed off, so I would guess that this area was completed...This section is considered close to HH...Not so sure about the extra door though.

I don't necessarily think the 2nd bathroom door was on the agenda when they decided to renovate them...I believe, whatever had them , still has them..Whatever didn't, still doesn't..:confused3

There were no changes to BWV - it always has had an access door to the bathroom from the living area. The only location that doesn't have a separate bathroom access from the living area is the OKW buildings in the early development (buildings lower than 30). And it sounds like that is not changing. It's too bad that DVC has missed the opportunity with this refurb to correct the issue.

BCV has that multi door situation like BWV. One of the doors comes from the living room to the shower/small sink area, where there is the small room with a door with just a toilet. You also have entry into this shower area from the master bedroom. The master has no door from the master bedroom to the tub/large sink area. Was last there in March 2018, the shutteres were gone over the tub, overlooking the master bedroom. It was a solid wall. BLT 1 bedroom has a master bath accessed only from the master bedroom, and a second full bath off the other living area, near the front door.

Thank you ALL for the great information.
For my purposes I just wanted a one bedroom that I can shut the master bedroom and have an access to the bathroom from the living area. It appears all DVC 1 bedrooms have this with varying setups EXCEPT OKW bldgs 1-29. Which of course includes the Hospitality House designated rooms. And, Of which, I am booked for and cannot change for our December trip. LOL. Ugh

Any possibility if I beg them at check in ( should I at least put a request in at MS?) that they’d put me in a room with a hall bathroom entrance even though I’m HH designated? I noticed there are bldg62-64 near HH. Could those be a possibility for a Hall bath and still be within my booked category?

In the mean time I’m praying for any other 1 or 2 bedroom to pop up for my dates.

Thanks again for so much information!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter